Media Classic Retro Gaming Varcade Station

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean legit as in licensed, no way.

Legit as in does it do what it says it does, don't know.

Have you checked to see if there's any YT reviews?

there's one in a different language. I didn't really know anything about the item before stumbling across the site. Looks pretty cool though. I'd imagine these aren't the only guys with a product like this out then....

there's one in a different language. I didn't really know anything about the item before stumbling across the site. Looks pretty cool though. I'd imagine these aren't the only guys with a product like this out then....

It's looks really cool for sure. How'd you stumble upon it?

Is this seriously $500? If I had the time to do some research, I'm sure I could assemble this for a fraction of the price.

It's probably easier to just emulate MAME from your laptop to your TV and then just hook up a USB arcade fight stick.

It's looks really cool for sure. How'd you stumble upon it?

Facebook post

Is this seriously $500? If I had the time to do some research, I'm sure I could assemble this for a fraction of the price.

It's probably easier to just emulate MAME from your laptop to your TV and then just hook up a USB arcade fight stick.

It's actually $300. Pretty good price for 60 games. I wouldn't want to get one without a good word from someone though

Is this just an emulation machine? I can run MAME on my modded Wii and get similar results.

I ordered the 1.1 version a week ago and will update you once i get it
Only joined this forum to let you guys know :)
And im also from Sacramento

Update on my order:
So looks like my Varcade station was shipped from China yesterday. Expected delivery day is first week of Feb

Is this just an emulation machine? I can run MAME on my modded Wii and get similar results.

it has to be...

and for about $85 you can do the same thing w/ a rasp pi 3!

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about :O

I ordered the 1.1 version a week ago and will update you once i get it
Only joined this forum to let you guys know :)
And im also from Sacramento

interesting......cool, look forward to it.

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about :O

M.A.M.E.

multiple arcade machine emulator

its a program that takes the ROMS (the actual video games condensed into a zip file) and emulates the arcade "guts" with software to allow the game to be played. its like a virtual reality arcade machine if you think of it that way. instead of a cabinet with a board and all that junk... its a piece of software that recreates all the necessary stuff to play the games on your pc.

raspberry pi3 is a micro computer that can handle the software to play the roms. so you can make your own "micro computer" w/ a pi3 and install what you want on it game wise.

trust me...

image.png

Yep...recall years ago I used to have a mame setup, over 1,000 games...multiple platforms...all for free.

Update: Station is in san fran. looks like i will be getting it tomorrow:)

I just got it
It came broken(looks like someone dropped it from 20 feet or drove a car over it). Quality of pruduct is really good so someone had to really put some muscle into breaking this thing.
At least they are sending me a new one
Tried plugging it in but didnt turned on so cant say anything about games or if the controls are responsive.

New update.
Dont buy this crap! After few emails with customer service i found out i was lied to by at least 3 people. The machine i got looks different from the one on the stock photo, they told me they double checked my order before sending so it only means they did not checked it or they are only sending the version i got and stock photo is only to lure you with much better looking version of the console. I wasnt able to post a review ( i gave 1 star and explain my whole situation) so that made me thinking that the reviews are fake and are only there to make them more legit.
So again dont buy this crap

Back