"Classic GI Joe" TPB's now available in stores

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeze ya newb, have you read any of the Marvel comics?! :lol

:lol Well, I definitely have not read the entire run and aside from the first 20 issues that I recently re-read a lot of what I did have as a kid was only 1-40 or 50. What confused me was this comment:

as well as the whole "Billy" arc that dominated the first 20 issues of the comic

I thought Billy was only in the parade issue during that initial run?

:lol Well, I definitely have not read the entire run and aside from the first 20 issues that I recently re-read a lot of what I did have as a kid was only 1-40 or 50. What confused me was this comment:

I thought Billy was only in the parade issue during that initial run?

As well as being trained by Storm Shadow in the ways of the Arashikage and then using his training to assassinate his father.

Got vol. 3 today... Brings back so many memories... those have to be some of my all time favorite issues.:monkey2

You know, everyone always talks about issue 21. Obviously it's a memorable ish, but damn, even the pencils and inks are outstanding.

Yea, I think the issue is bit overrated. But it does have some of the best artwork in the original series.

Yea, I think the issue is bit overrated. But it does have some of the best artwork in the original series.

Has one of the most memorable moments though. The Ninja challenging Snake Eyes who simply tosses a grenade at him. I LOL'd at that as a kid and still LOL'd at it as an adult.

Can't remember who did the final art as Hama did the breakdowns but the combo came together to make one really well drawn issue... Some of it reminds me of Frank Miller's work.

It is a vastly overrated issue, all in all. But still, very well done.

Thumbing through and seeing panels that I haven't laid my eyes on in years was very cool... Plus the injection of Duke, Roadblock, Firefly, Zartan, the Drednoks and Stormshadow has me looking forward to revisiting these.

I am already through volume 8 and waiting for volume 9 and the 2 Special Missions to come out. I am looking forward to the reboot too.

Nam if you need 8 I know where to get a copy.

I am already through volume 8 and waiting for volume 9 and the 2 Special Missions to come out. I am looking forward to the reboot too.

Nam if you need 8 I know where to get a copy.

Appreciated bud, but I like to support my local CS every chance I get. Especially now that I'll be dropping all the other Joe titles in favor of the classic and it's continuation.

Yup. #155 1/2 on free comic book day (back in May?), #156 in July and #157 for August have already been released.

Figures, my comic shop had kept 156 and 157 for me, but no free be 155 1/2, now I have to hunt this down, ____in hell

Back