Classic Black spidey pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev said:
Its nice that the Erik Larsen fans finally have an ultra rare piece to commemorate the groundbreaking Spider-Man comics of 1992. :lol ;)

Larsen is the man. My first serious comic was Amazing Spidey #345. Red and black was awesome.

Its nice that the Erik Larsen fans finally have an ultra rare piece to commemorate the groundbreaking Spider-Man comics of 1992.

Well, if it is a homage to the original appearances it would have smaller eyes. So it must be a Larsen version.:D

BigLeagueChu said:
Yeah! I finally decided to use my SDCC gift card for the Doom set.

when you receive it..don't forget to post some pics over at the Archive set photos section :D ...we seriously need more archive set pics :monkey3

actually I prefer the term Retro. Seems more appropriate to view it as a modern throw-back due to the big eyes. To call it classic would mean it needs the small eyes IMO.

Im still amazed how much difference the fabric color makes... weird.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Great shots P1.

So is this the retro version or the classic version? :D

Depends on whether you base it on the site or the box?! :lol :confused:

SolidLiquidFox said:
Great shots P1.

So is this the retro version or the classic version? :D
Its the early 90's retro version. :naughty

Hopefully we'll see a classic first appearance PF sometime. :D

Seriously though, you mentioned in another post (possibly this thread?) that there are no "do overs" in PF. Well, we know SS makes up their own rules on things like this, and they certainly redo the same character in PF when there is a significant costume change (ANH Luke and Dagobah Luke) so maybe someday we'll see a PF Spider-Man with smaller eyes and side webbing. Who knows. Its not like he isn't a popular enough character.

I just like messing with you guys who snagged one though. It really is a cool piece. I might actually prefer the blue but dang, you can't deny that it looks sweet and has an insanely desirable ES.

Here's mine, #49:

spidey01.jpg

RoboDad...those pictures are awesome...I'm even more excited to recieve mine on Friday!!!

Those pics are incredible Robo!! The black version is much better than the blue in my opinion. Congrats on snatching him when you got the chance!!

Are you guys adding your Classic Spiderman numbers to the permathread. It looks like I may get a low or very high number based on what people have already received :monkey5

ALmost looks like Movie spidey. I still think they should have done the whole thing in fabric, would have made a much nicer looking piece.

Back