Chronicles of Riddick 3 in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back and really liked this movie. I'm glad they went back to the PB formula and atmosphere. I also really enjoyed seeing Katee Sackoff on the big screen.
Spoiler Spoiler:

~~Is there any rumors about another Riddick movie if this one does well enough?

Vin said they are already planning something in the future. He owns the character rights, so of course we will see Riddick again.

Going to see this sometime this week. The trailer in its self looks better then Chronicles.

Just got back and really liked this movie. I'm glad they went back to the PB formula and atmosphere. I also really enjoyed seeing Katee Sackoff on the big screen.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Twohy said they have 2 movies and then the story ends, but Vin said these won't be coming out frequently if they get made.

Hey, good for him. He's a huge nerd, and he stars and owns his own nerdy franchise. That would be a dream for most nerds. :lol

But this movie was pretty cheap. 38 million. He could probably make that back in one Fast and Furious movie. :lol

38 million ain't "cheap" when you're footing most, if not the entire bill and your net worth is estimated at only 44 million. That's a risk. From what I understand he doesn't make as much per film as people think.

And at opening less than 19 mil, will be lucky to break even.

Looked like a rehash of the first movie. Will netflix it.

38 million ain't "cheap" when you're footing most, if not the entire bill and your net worth is estimated at only 44 million. That's a risk. From what I understand he doesn't make as much per film as people think.

Not a risk for him. It's his money, and his career. He wants to make Riddick movies.

And since this movie made a decent chunk of it's budget back, and was the number one movie this week, it should do well enough to get a few more.

Universal didn't lose too much. Vin's happy. Towhy's happy just to get some work...

And people aren't hating it. So. I think good things are on the horizon for this franchise.

add another 7.5 million worldwide to that U.S. total...video sales/rentals will bring in some dough too, havent met anyone who flat out hated it yet

My biggest issue with the film is that there was nothing in it that was not already done better in the other two films.

The Aliens were not as interesting or mysterious as they were in the first.

The Bounty Hunters all sort of sucked espesially the comic relief leader. Much prefered the Bounty Hunters in the second film.

I was actually uncomfortable when Riddick was playing with his pet. Felt very Disney like and did not fit the tone of the other two films.

And all this talk of no growth.... I thought it definatly showed a softer Riddick and I am, not sure that this is a good thing. He was not the Bad A$$ that he was in the other two films.

However I would rather watch Riddick in an Average film then most characters in better films. :)

Would love to see more of Riddick in the future so I hope it does well.

The only character he was soft on, was an animal. So.....

Look, if you're looking for something more, might as well get out of this franchise. Pitch Black and Riddick are true B-Movies, in every sense of the word. If you can't appreciate the cheese when it comes, or the tone, or the characters, then, like I said, it's just not for you. And that's OK.

Hoping to catch this one on the weekend. I know I am going to like it :)

And at opening less than 19 mil, will be lucky to break even.

Looked like a rehash of the first movie. Will netflix it.

What are you talking about, lucky to break even?

Movie cost 38 Million, pretty much made half that back in one day. This movie will make a nice profit for Vin and company in the end.:lecture

The only character he was soft on, was an animal. So.....

Look, if you're looking for something more, might as well get out of this franchise. Pitch Black and Riddick are true B-Movies, in every sense of the word. If you can't appreciate the cheese when it comes, or the tone, or the characters, then, like I said, it's just not for you. And that's OK.

What are you talking about? I loved the first two films. This film was a large step down from both IMO. I wanted the film to give the franchise a bit more respect. Not dumb it down with Disney characters and poor attempts at humor. Perhaps you should watch the first two again and see how different in tone this film was.

I loved the tone of the first two films. As different as they are they treated the stories seriously and did not have stupid jokes and one liners and "role your eyes" at the cute pet moments. If people liked the film despite those moments or because of those moments then fine. They were just not for me.

As I said every thing done in this film was done better in the first two. That's all. Just stating my opinion about the film. When did I say that I wanted something more..... Hell I wanted something less. Less Stupid characters, less stupid humor, and less cute animals. The only thing I wanted more of was Bad A$$ Riddick being a Bad A$$!

But as usual Celtic, you get your panties in a bunch when someone shares a different opinion then you. I mean WTF?? Sigh.....

Last edited:
I'm just baffled someone actually hated the best character in the entire movie. That dog ruled. And American knew it. Hence why it's number 1.

The thing is, it's not that out of place. Chronicles had him getting buddy buddy with a dog thing....so it's no surprise that he would do the same. Animals are the only thing Riddick can relate too.

The thing is, it's not that out of place. Chronicles had him getting buddy buddy with a dog thing....so it's no surprise that he would do the same. Animals are the only thing Riddick can relate too.

:goodpost:
Exactly, its an animal thing :lol

Had no real expectation for Riddick going into the theatre. So two hours later, it had blown my ****ing mind at how damn fine a film it was. Just a terrific scifi action film with great characterization throughout. And hopefully we'll get a follow up in a few years to see where he goes because I am all for that.

Back