Chronicle collectibles T-800 life size bust: Terminator Genisys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But based on the photo of the early endoskull, which I think it looks even better than CC's. Sideshow’s has better shape and thickness, also the canine teeth looks much shaper than CC's. Also the glossy feeling on sideshow's is great.

Totally agree with you but a certain person here will keep saying the same things over and over again and throw a few ':cuckoo:' in your direction.
This makes his opinion override everyone else, even those who have the Bust infront of them, not just looking at a prototype picture, and like what they see.

View attachment 166733

Not trying to defend SS endoskull, I don't have the bust from the first batch. But based on the photo of the early endoskull, which I think it looks even better than CC's. Sideshow’s has better shape and thickness, also the canine teeth looks much shaper than CC's. Also the glossy feeling on sideshow's is great.
And we're now using the sideshow inhand product to compare with prototype model of Chronicle, who knows what will happen when CC's endo get mass-produced and muti-cast by factory?
Thanks for sharing more pics, I do appreciate when someone takes the time to help illustrate their argument with examples.

Rather than just saying so like some other members here.

That is the first example of a SS version that I can say looks closer to what I would consider good. I do see what some others have said about the lower teeth seem too long, but at least in that version the teeth seem to actually be 'in' the skull the way they should be.

I'm not sure why some of them looks so bad, but most images I've seen have that horrible look that I've pointed out before where you can see the connecting seam of the teeth stuck together at the gum line.

Your pic finally shows one where that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thank you for showing me that, that's what I've been asking to see but no one else seemed to get it.

As far as the finish. I like that, as Paul has stated, they are going with the exact process that Legacy used for the actual screen used props. To me authenticity is paramount above all else. I love that CC seems to feel the same way. Unlike SS.

And when it comes to comparing prototype with in-hand. I trust CC 100% more to deliver based on what I've seen so far.

As opposed to Sideshow who has proven over and over again that they almost NEVER deliver on what they show.

If you look into what CC has done with the Cain model, their high standards on the final product approved from the factory. .. I have way more faith in their final product over Sideshow.

No doubt they will deliver what they promise.

Why would I put a picture up when you've already used one of my pictures as an example? :cuckoo:

All you've done is repeat the same thing over and over again while posting the same prototype pictures.

IMO The teeth on my Bust look great.

Why would I put a picture up when you've already used one of my pictures as an example? :cuckoo:

All you've done is repeat the same thing over and over again while posting the same prototype pictures.

IMO The teeth on my Bust look great.
I'm actually happy that you love your SS bust, flaws and all. That's what matters at the end of the day, do you feel satisfied with the product you recieved.

The bottom line of my argument is, the choice between what CC is offering vs what SS is offering NOW. Not years ago.
The choice will be clear for me as I'm sure for many other collectors who are looking for a new Endo Skull to add to their collection.

I get that some don't like the new design, perhaps it's all of the ill will sent towards Genisys. I get the vibe some of it is being passed on to CC pieces as a result. Which is strange to me since no one has in fact seen the movie yet. I'll wait to see as far as that goes.

Even if the movie turns out to be not so great, I still love what I see from Legacy in the new design and will be happy to add such a great looking replica to my collection.

...whatever makes us happy.

It's not just "slightly improved teeth", are you looking at those comparison photos? Besides the teeth, it's a much more precise and complex build with almost twice the part count from what Paul has said.

I'm not necessarily talking about someone dropping what they purchased years ago and choosing CC version, as if people can only have one Endo skull from one movie.

I'm talking about out of what is being offered right now, new, pre-orders from these two companies.

Between what Chronicle is putting up for $499 vs what Sideshow is offering for at $579. How anyone could possibly consider buying Sideshow's new version over Chronicle's offering seems completely insane to me. :dunno

..."slightly improved teeth". Right, only slightly. :cuckoo:
View attachment 166712

why are you still bringing up those crappy new skulls? We aren't talking about those. They didn't start making those til a year or two ago, but before that, they had been making very good Endos for at least 8 years and God knows how many they made. Previous pics show the teeth on this CC version is not much of an upgrade.

Leave him to his Bust, I hope he enjoys it.

Went from 'All SS T-800 Busts are crap' to 'The new ones have teeth issues, but the originals weren't that good'.

why are you still bringing up those crappy new skulls? We aren't talking about those. They didn't start making those til a year or two ago, but before that, they had been making very good Endos for at least 8 years and God knows how many they made. Previous pics show the teeth on this CC version is not much of an upgrade.
You can't possibly still be confused, I'm pretty sure everyone else has gotten it by now.. I've only explained it about 9 times so I won't bore anyone else by making my point again. If you read through my posts again from the beginning I'm sure you'll get it. ...why I'm talking about the new extra crappy ones from SS.

Anyways, I think this is one of the early "good" ones..

image.jpg

Those are some looooooooonnnnnnggggg incisors. O.O

If that's what you want in your Endo, cool. Enjoy.

tumblr_n6gylnaHTK1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

:grouphug

You do bring up a good point about how long SS has been making T2 products. Compared to what Paul has mentioned they have lined up to be released by the new movie's release date, Chronicle will be showing Sideshow how it's done in just the first year. :lecture

Hopefully one day soon Sideshow will lose this license and Chronicle can make us some true museum quality T2 replicas. Until then... Until then. :impatient:

Thanks for the pic. It's defintly better than what they offer now, but I still think it looks pretty bad in comparison to the CC bust as far as the tooth and display base. :/

One of the reasons why I never wanted a SS bust is the way the teeth are attached to the skull. It's bad enough they are one connected piece of plastic, but the way the metal 'gum line' is so high up you can see the seam where all of the teeth are attached to each other, and not actually in the skull like teeth should be.

Seems like the old Icons replica was the closed to getting that right..

View attachment 166680

View attachment 166681

It really kills the whole thing for me to see the teeth connected to each other and not in skull the way it should be.

The CC one seems to have that issue resolved, at least way more than SS ever did.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here being you said you plan on getting one, and you agreed the teeth were always an issue with the SS.

I just can't wrap my head around people saying the original SS bust had great teeth and that the CC version offers nothing improved over the SS. :cuckoo:

Hi snake,

Can you tell me where the second picture came from? It doesn't look like any of the busts discussed here. The teeth look "real" and also the jaw piston looks like machined metal, not like plastic.

Hi snake,

Can you tell me where the second picture came from? It doesn't look like any of the busts discussed here. The teeth look "real" and also the jaw piston looks like machined metal, not like plastic.
It's a custom made Endo by a very talented guy. I was using a pic of his to showcase just how the teeth should look on one of these. This guy put a lot of work and research into his projects. Pretty awesome stuff there.

ABOUT T-STUDIO

He has a whole page devoted to the teeth alone. Lol. And people here probably think I'm picky. :rotfl

Haha! OK, so digging around on that guy's site looking at his projects.. I take back everything I've said about SS and CC replicas.

They all suck! :pfft:
:rotfl
I want one of these instead...

This guy's work is amazing.

No idea, the video is a few years old apparently. Don't know if he still makes them. If you dig around his site he's got some interesting pics. Apparently it has different modes and has a remote to control it.

I wish some company could offer a replica like that, imagine that in a display case and a guest walks buy.. it starts looking around and moving on it's own like that. Haha! wow. :horror

I can't imagine what the cost would have to be though, with all of the complex motors and inner workings of that thing. Even the way the eyes move around, such precise and tiny movements. Looks just like the close-ups of the original when it was looking for Sarah and Kyle in the factory. :thud:

Hmm..

I inquired awhile ago, you are looking for a couple of thousand dollars for the basic one. It's basically a tarted up M1 skull, not 1:1 but slightly smaller. Even the teeth on that one suffer from overbite. Moral of the story, nothing's perfect.

Interesting, sure nothing is perfect but it doesn't hurt to try for it. :)

Back on topic..
Paul addressed the issue of the eyes on the Endoskulls and how the new version is being handled differently

I'll address the red eyes, all of the other replicas made utilize a bulb lense mounted to the outside of the eye. When I made the masters for HCG, XFX and Sideshow, all the versions have used that same bulb until today. It's not correct, it's not accurate but fifteen years ago it was close enough in my opinion. The lense should be flush with the eyeball itself.

Winston's crew hand ground each lense and they fit into the eyeball. The eye with the iris was about ten times the size and used for close ups.

So on the Genisys eyes you'll notice that the lense is flush to the eyeball. We haven't changed one thing about this Genisys skull. Legacy sent us a complete Endoskeleton and I took molds from that piece and made this replica.

So in this instance, the eyes are 100% accurate to the film in every way, unlike all of the T2 skull replicas I created over the years.

Paul.

Regardless of how you feel about the Genisys redesign, you've got to admit it's refreshing to see a company put this much effort into making sure their replicas are authentic.

I agree they are an exciting new company, I like that they use the original props and guys who designed the props also, I can't wait to get a Fon Davies designed Rodger young!!

I'm not certain I'll buy this, I guess it depends if I like the movie or not (not holding my breath) But it does look cool.

Back