Chronicle Collectibles 1:2 Robocop Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He wont buy it due to inaccuracies, I wont due to scale, we each have our things. People do it in Alien, Pred, Term threads all the time. Lines off on skull some will point it out, tubing angle incorrect, netting over armor instead of under, size of a collapsed spear, slopes/curvature of bio masks. Recall quite a bit of noise over PCS's height of helm and Weller lips.

Some aspects greater than others, but some see/care more/different than others.

seriously lol that is off by millimeters literally..... It always amazes me the amount of analness collectors can have to find things to complain about. :dunno

seriously lol that is off by millimeters literally..... It always amazes me the amount of analness collectors can have to find things to complain about. :dunno

I see both sides to this. While the line on the helmet being off by a bit is a small detail, I think there is also an expectation out there now (whether fair or not) that any Robocop-related products Chronicle gives us should pretty much be 100% screen accurate, given they did such a great job with ED-209 and Cain. The bar of "screen accurate" was set by Chronicles themselves with those 2 releases (so I do see where alyd is coming from). I mean most people realized how inaccurate HT's ED was, only after Chronicle released theirs. Regardless, I'm sure this bust will turn out very well and there will be a lot of happy customers out there.

It amazes me that people will dish out hundreds of dollars and settle for mediocrity. The visor thickness, while a small issue, is blatantly incorrect and does taint the overall look and feel of the piece - it just looks "off." There is a difference between being **** and expecting a certain level of attention to the details that are crucial to its look - the visor is the focal point of the piece. The guy seems like a diehard Robocop fan, as am I, and it appears he's providing constructive criticism in hopes that they could make this piece even better, not just for him, but for all of us.

In Chronicles defense for screen accuracy.

ED and Cain are from the screen puppets, these bust are not from anything screen used other than pics of items, nor are they from scans/files like the terminator bust were. If I recall correctly.

So to say they should be the same level of accuracy, might bit a little bit of a stretch.

its unrealistic to expect 100% screen accuracy on a product not directly cast from a screen used item, the visor was also addressed and looks to be cut out a little bigger than it should when they cut it out on the proto. the production ones should not have it. Another thing could be that their are more than one helmet and the one referenced could be slightly different than the one in the pic. Most likely all the helmets came from the same source so they really should be the same, but movie props are by no means perfect or exact from each other.

this is where I was coming from, yeah :)

You're right, it was a tricky thing because all I was doing was cutting out the existing visor and pulling it around on the existing picture.

When viewed straight on, the edges of the visor on the costume are in line with the inner edge of the chin guard. So I hope I showed that close enough to make the point, along with the other analness I've been raising ;)

I was looking at some pics too in terms of where the visor's end respective to the face and agree with your assertion. However, this is under the assumption that the chin guard/mouth area is completely accurate in terms of size and dimensions but - as we've already determined - this piece is subject to a level of inaccuracy. Photo stills from the movie show a chin guard/jaw to be a bit beefier and wider; CC's jaw/mouth is a little thinner and gaunt. You're determining visor length based on this thinner frame. Try lengthening the visor length - I do believe it'll really pop as the quintessential Robocop feel.

its unrealistic to expect 100% screen accuracy on a product not directly cast from a screen used item, the visor was also addressed and looks to be cut out a little bigger than it should when they cut it out on the proto. the production ones should not have it. Another thing could be that their are more than one helmet and the one referenced could be slightly different than the one in the pic. Most likely all the helmets came from the same source so they really should be the same, but movie props are by no means perfect or exact from each other.

Totally agree with both of your points: it's unrealistic to expect 100% accuracy and the problems that arise from creating a piece from differing movie props. I'm sure if you heavily scrutinize every mm, we would find other trivial inaccuracies but I'm OK with the trivial stuff - I accept it. What I'm proposing is a fix to an obvious inaccuracy that "taints" the overall look. The SS endoskeleton bust is a pretty good representation of the endo but those bulging eyes really kills it for most including myself. Had they reduced the size of the eyes, I would have bought one.

here in czech republic 12.500,-czk which is 500 usd ... But i love this pice,looks great,so ill jump in :) looking forward.

7/2017 -> europe + 2 month like ssc statue or early?

I really like this piece and the paint job.
I think it's a missed opportunity not adding a head turn/swivel. The ability to turn the head opens up a lot of display options and gives you something to fiddle with
(insert that's what she said joke here)

I am sure a swiveling head could be a fairly easy modification.

I am sure a swiveling head could be a fairly easy modification.

Without a doubt it would be easy....

My point was just that it is a missed opportunity for Chronicle to add some extra value and appeal to a larger group of people.

No need for gimmicks, am in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting it as well.

But I would probably call it "articulation" if the head turned and not so much a "gimmic" like a light up eye or voice phrases from the movie. A head swivel would allow you to pose it to the right or left on a shelf while having the bust look over to the room. I have my Sideshow Terminator posed with his head turned. It enhances display and opens up options, its added value. The light up eyes however, are a gimmic and I only turned them on once when I first got it, useless.
:dunno

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting it as well.

But I would probably call it "articulation" if the head turned and not so much a "gimmic" like a light up eye or voice phrases from the movie. A head swivel would allow you to pose it to the right or left on a shelf while having the bust look over to the room. I have my Sideshow Terminator posed with his head turned. It enhances display and opens up options, its added value. The light up eyes however, are a gimmic and I only turned them on once when I first got it, useless.
:dunno

Eh, a head swivel wouldn't hurt. Don't think I could live without LEDs in Terminator pieces though. My 1/2 BD Arnie arrived today, and it's a fair old size! So, glad I took the plunge on Robo; did have reservations on the visor front, but don't see any other high quality Robo statues hitting the market anytime soon. May sell the HT, and get rid of the plastic completely.

Back