Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today!! I think the head sculpt is fairly good. The costume I feel is pretty nice too. I was worried about the S shield and the stitching but that doesnt seem to bother me at all. The one thing that I find completely unacceptable is the cape. It's funny cuz that was the one thing that from any prototype pics or SDCC pics that was never an issue. The stitching at the bottom of the cape is the worst thing and I am shocked that this was deemed acceptable. Even if I cut off the hanging strings the white on the edge looks pretty bad too. Its odd because the stitching and hemming on the side of the cape is great! What happenned?! Is everybody's cape this bad? It's quite difficult to ignore.View attachment 179120

That's how my cape is as well. Looks like it's pretty common.

Looks great.

HPOrQBa.gif

GZL....Do you like it overall? I do like it. I think the proportions seem pretty good in hand. The body has good weight. I dont agree with the other posts that its all PVC. The head and hands feel like they are PVC but the rest of the body seems a lot sturdier. I have the Cavill Man of Steel and you can get movement on the legs since its PVC. On this piece you wont get that movement. That base too.....kind of awkward but once I set it up I wont touch it. Again, I am liking it, but I definitely have to do something about that cape. I just dont get it cuz the stitching on the whole suit is great and professionally done. The bottom of cape?! Aaaaaah!! What happened?!

Got mine. Chip on left boot, leaning, one of the water parts can't go all the way in the dam and badly stitched cape :gah:

Got mine. Chip on left boot, leaning, one of the water parts can't go all the way in the dam and badly stitched cape :gah:

Did you put the long pieced water part in through the hole of the one that doesnt have any rock in it? Those 2 go together, then the post wont be as long and will fit into the dam like it should. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. They really should have included a diagram showing how to piece it together. Sorry to hear about your chip on left boot :(

Did you put the long pieced water part in through the hole of the one that doesnt have any rock in it? Those 2 go together, then the post wont be as long and will fit into the dam like it should. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. They really should have included a diagram showing how to piece it together. Sorry to hear about your chip on left boot :(

Thanks I forgot about that piece in the box. It works now. Just need a replacement body now.

GZL....Do you like it overall? I do like it. I think the proportions seem pretty good in hand. The body has good weight. I dont agree with the other posts that its all PVC. The head and hands feel like they are PVC but the rest of the body seems a lot sturdier. I have the Cavill Man of Steel and you can get movement on the legs since its PVC. On this piece you wont get that movement. That base too.....kind of awkward but once I set it up I wont touch it. Again, I am liking it, but I definitely have to do something about that cape. I just dont get it cuz the stitching on the whole suit is great and professionally done. The bottom of cape?! Aaaaaah!! What happened?!

I do like it. The overall design isn't the train wreck that some people are making it out to be. The PVC doesn't really bother me either. I have the MOS Superman PF and it's fine to me. I got a good deal on it though so that probably made it a little better to accept.

On this PF I just don't know if I'll get anything better than what I already have if I ask for a replacement. I may give it a shot and see if I can at least get one without a broken leg. I don't know. The shoddy QC lately from SS is taking away all the excitement and fun I used to feel when I opened a statue from them.

GZL....Do you like it overall? I do like it. I think the proportions seem pretty good in hand. The body has good weight. I dont agree with the other posts that its all PVC. The head and hands feel like they are PVC but the rest of the body seems a lot sturdier.

Yeah, I don't know where people are getting that this is all PVC. This is the heaviest PVC I've ever handled, if that's the case. I was prepared to send it right back if it was all PVC since I was going to cancel when the PVC mention first appeared on the product listing and was assured that only the head was PVC. I'm sure everything that isn't covered (head and hands) is PVC, but I can't imagine everything else is.

I hear ya. So far I have had 3 out of 10 pieces with SS that I had to get replacements/returns for...and I don't consider myself very nitpicky. It does definitely take away from the excitement. If you ask for a replacement are you also going to mention the cape? Ive never scene such a shoddy job as this cape has on the bottom of it.

Yeah, I don't know where people are getting that this is all PVC. This is the heaviest PVC I've ever handled, if that's the case. I was prepared to send it right back if it was all PVC since I was going to cancel when the PVC mention first appeared on the product listing and was assured that only the head was PVC. I'm sure everything that isn't covered (head and hands) is PVC, but I can't imagine everything else is.

Fact is that, body is one piece. Ergo, it can't be a mix of PVC and polystone, otherwise you'd have switch out PVC hands and head. It's either full PVC or full polystone.

Your fact is wrong. It is a mix....It just is. Glue works wonders. You can actually see the seem on the hands if you pull up the sleeve. The hands are glued on

Those are the typical PVC lines when the casting is rough, MoS PF had those too.
If they really glued PVC hands and head on a polystone body, it's probably the most retarded thing I've heard in a while.

Well i made my mind up on this one. It's a negative ghost rider. Thanks for all the pictures everyone, and I do hope you all like it.

Back