Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B
Why Freaks are afraid is beyond me. Freaks can still give their opinions as long as they're being constructive and respectful.

Again it's about showing respect.

Seems to me, much easier to ONLY go into threads of pieces you know you will love, and talk about those.

I mean, I didn't buy this. My concerns would seem to be proven fairly accurate so far, which is why I passed. However I'm still interested in this piece, as I'm a big CR fan, Superman fan, and SS fan, who enjoys discussing these things.

But now in order to engage in the topic, my posts must pass the litmus test of the 20+ mods who have their own standard for what I say being Constructive AND respectful.

I like you Snoop. But I think your missing the point.

Either way, I'm looking forward to some video reviews, and will respectfully move on from this discussion.

Perhaps as a 'respect' to the members this new CoC could have come into force before all the premium memberships payments for the year were taken.

Not stirring, honest observation.

The rules where always there in the Community Guidelines. The CoC just reinforces them.

Judging by that clause you quoted, why exactly was I infracted for one comment then? Surely it should have been deleted and I only infracted if I persisted?

If you feel it was unjustified, then by all means, PM Dave and discuss it with him. Not here.

Who mods the mods? Dave?

?

Dave and the Super Mods do.

B

Seems to me, much easier to ONLY go into threads of pieces you know you will love, and talk about those.

I mean, I didn't buy this. My concerns would seem to be proven fairly accurate so far, which is why I passed. However I'm still interested in this piece, as I'm a big CR fan, Superman fan, and SS fan, who enjoys discussing these things.

But now in order to engage in the topic, my posts must pass the litmus test of the 20+ mods who have their own standard for what I say being Constructive AND respectful.

I like you Snoop. But I think your missing the point.

Either way, I'm looking forward to some video reviews, and will respectfully move on from this discussion.

You're cool in my book as well but, with all due respect, IMO you're missing the point of the CoC.

Let's just agree that we see things differently. :peace

Last edited:
At least you're smart enough...

The CoC doesn't prohibit anyone from openly critiquing any collectible as long as one is doing so in a constructive manner.

Calling something "garbage", "trash" or "crap" isn't being constructive.

Well I made a comment that was deleted, and while I don't think think it was over the line, Dave edited it out. SO out of respect because this is his house I won't repeat it.

Well, Tbolt. I think there is a way to say things and there is a "way" some are saying things that really don't contribute to the forums or the particular topic at hand. I'm not afraid and I really don't think Spidey is either. He, for the most part has always tried to stay on topic and contribute. I think that the mods are speaking mainly of those people who want to pop in an bash a piece for no other reason than to piss other collectors off or make themselves feel better. I aslo think the mods are not out to muzzle out opinions. Just help in guiding us to elaborate a bit in our expressions and opinions. Thats the only reason these guidelines are in place. I really don't think its that difficult to abide by personally.

Well I find myself self censoring more, and after my last comments were deleted by Dave. and the fact that I didn't feel it crossed the line, well I am a little more uncertain then I use to be about where the line is.

Last edited:
Given the Code of Conduct I am refraining from posting my opinion of this piece, but it is less than positive.

Well I think some of the responses give the appropriate answer..

The CoC doesn't prohibit anyone from openly critiquing any collectible as long as one is doing so in a constructive manner.

Calling something "garbage", "trash" or "crap" isn't being constructive.

like the above response.... Darth Snoop explains it well

Ink.. Not so much.

I have got to say Spidey, it's a terrible code if we can't talk openly about this hobby. I mean, what other point does this forum serve? It just becomes a secondary advertising outlet.

And I LOVE Sideshow! I like most (greater than 90%) of what they do. They make great products that non-collectors are in awe of when they see them usually.

I certainly hope people are happy with this if they get it. But, man, the one good photo, once I enlarged it on my phone, that frayed cape...unacceptable.

Pieces that turn out this poorly (IMO), can really hurt the overall brand.

This is one that has not enjoyed much support from first reveal onward, and those that stuck it out don't seem to be rewarded with the quality they deserved.

I just hope that for those who loved this from conception on, much like the Man of Steel PF, they at least get something they can enjoy.

It does worry me in regards to other pieces though. (New movie Cap/Thor being prime examples).

Again I think if peeps can stay away from calling something crap and give a well thought out reason why they don't like something.. Well then there is nothing to fear.

Why Freaks are afraid is beyond me. Freaks can still give their opinions as long as they're being constructive and respectful.

Comments like the one below don't help...

This forum is privately owned and operated forum.

The First Amendment is only meant to restrict the government and protect public expression of speech. It has never applied to private forums.

100% agree... this is Dave's forum and his to run as he chooses.... I laugh a bit at the code of conduct because it was just the other day I saw a member ask a legit question (even a bit embarrassing for a noob) and he was somewhat ridiculed for it by a mod... It was not a big thing but something I would say goes against the code of conduct IMO

But it is BORING to just read someone call something crap, or awful, or something along those lines.. I do like some well though out criticism...

I will say that it is slightly hard to offer constructive criticisms of some of these pieces considering the fact that they are already in production. Maybe if we had some more SSC production presence here we could offer some more input. Now I am not saying they would listen to them, but maybe we could help.

Didn't realise this was also PVC.

Is there any weight to these plastic pieces? Are they a thick cast or thin?
Suppose there's less chance of breakage during transit but the seams do look ugly.

I totally understand peoples disappointment when spending $425, plus extras.

I will say that it is slightly hard to offer constructive criticisms of some of these pieces considering the fact that they are already in production. Maybe if we had some more SSC production presence here we could offer some more input. Now I am not saying they would listen to them, but maybe we could help.

That would be great for SS to do and costs them nothing. I guarantee they would sell many more pieces and fans would be happy to have some input. I have been saying that for a long time, it would help everyone involved. I am gutted I won't own this now or other pieces like the P2 Maquette which could have been so great with minor tweaks.

I'm picking mine up sometime today and crossing my fingers it turns out to be acceptable. The majority of the pics so far aren't giving me much hope.

I am still scratching my head about this being 100% pvc when SS said only the head was.

This has me VERY worried about daredevil. At the very least, I thought we could trust their answers to our questions...

I loved CR as Superman. What SSC did here is an absolute.....

Never mind. Not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine in yesterday. I have to say that yes this piece does have some issues, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Now, maybe I'm easier to please than most people, but I never really had a problem with the pose or base of this statue. I don't see what is so bad or awkward at all about the way he is posed like he's about to take flight. He may have not made this exact pose in the movie, but I don't think it's out of character in any way. I like that they went with a more scene specific base than just a general overall representation of the films. I also don't mind the black "chess" piece, since they needed something simple to support the dam piece that doesn't detract from what they are going for.

The headscupt I was never 100% sold on, and while it's far from perfect (a bit too oblong and gaunt for Reeve in that period), I do think it looks better in person. SS actually did a really great job when it comes to the skin tone and texturing in the face and hands. Maybe one of the best painted human pfs I own. Probably one of the benefits of using pvc over polystone. Compared to my Man of Steel PF, I think this one is a few steps ahead in terms of the paint job and overall quality of the head and hands. He also feels a bit more solid and slightly heavier than the MoS PF to me.

One thing that bothers me is the way it's put together. The water pieces (which look pretty great) are placed in the separation between the two dam pieces with a couple of shallow pegs and no magnet or other means of securing them, so they can wiggle around a little if you're touching them or moving the statue. The black base, while weighted a bit more than the rest, could have been heavier since if I slowly swivel the statue around on it, at some spots it can tilt very slightly in the direction Supes is leaning, but for some reason it's okay in certain other spots (I guess it's not entirely weighted evenly?). Supes himself I feel is pretty secure in the dam because his foot has a really long peg in it that I don't think will go anywhere. Basically I wish it was constructed a little better, but I don't think anything will happen to it over time left on display, just got to be careful if you're moving it around.

The overall costume looks pretty good to me, but the slightly rounded right side of the S is weird. I feel like I could sorta stretch it more into shape, but I shouldn't have to. Also, Even though I cut them off easily enough, the frayed edges of the cape are pretty inexcusable. Mine also has this kinda messy looking white threading on the bottom hem of the cape which is odd, but not a huge deal I guess.

But yeah, I know many didn't, but overall I think If you liked the proto pics you should be able to like it as much in person.

16931323499_0790132f3f_b.jpg

16929952940_b0e074646e_b.jpg

16910144727_fe688716cd_b.jpg

16929982010_940c13a730_b.jpg

17115987822_fde353f9ab_b.jpg

17117518995_5d1031fe0c_b.jpg

16497371733_3c94aaf9b8_b.jpg

16929974140_1450fa01e6_b.jpg

17115970732_b435dc28ac_b.jpg

17117512115_2f90714dc2_b.jpg

17091586846_68c78a9ef8_b.jpg

16497360553_b72c7b344e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots Matt. Glad your happy with him. Better photos make him look much better at the right angles. Nice camera work.

I think the head still looks woeful.

(And to be constructive I think the sculptor should have taken more time to revise it or that it was insisted it be started from scratch.)

Back