Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last one

11102960_809158402502057_8944035271501166100_n.jpg

I would love to see someone photoshop this with the head size brought down by about a third, and maybe the emblem form the Comic PF superimposed.

Gotta say I think minus the emblem, the rest of the statue does look really similar to the prototype at least. If you liked that, I think you will like what you are getting here. I've been pretty critical of this piece from the start and I keep hoping to find something that changes my mind about this piece because I'd really love a Reeve Supes PF in my collection. Reeve is Superman to me.

Prefer comic supes pf , but glad for those who like reeves supes pf. I saw superman when it came out back in 1978. Wish this turned out better. But happy with comic supes as my first pf figure.

I wonder when I first saw the movie man? It's one of my earliest memories, must've been on VHS sometime in the early 80s, actually - I think the first one I saw was Superman 3 at a friends house and man I got freaked out when that lady turned into a robot.

Well he is now on his way... hope he turns out swell.

I was lucky enough to see S:TM on the big screen original release here in Oz, must have been 79. My dad took me as he will watch anything with Brando... along with seeing the original Star Wars it is one of the most powerful memories I have of my early childhood - indelible stuff.

Well he is now on his way... hope he turns out swell.

I was lucky enough to see S:TM on the big screen original release here in Oz, must have been 79. My dad took me as he will watch anything with Brando... along with seeing the original Star Wars it is one of the most powerful memories I have of my early childhood - indelible stuff.

I saw S:TM on the big screen too. Special affects look cheese ball now but they blew me away as a kid. My dad says I walked down to the screen at the end and watched listing to the music until the last credit rolled by. I also used to lay there and listen to the sound track on LP looking at the pictures on the sleeves before we had a VCR. Yea I know.... I'm old. :gandalf I'm really looking forward to seeing this in hand.

I only ever got to see ROTJ in the cinema, I was born in 1980. Movie soundtrack LPs was all my music at home too lmao, well all the ones I could borrow from the library anyway, ROTJ, Indy, Superman. Do you guys think soundtrack composers are like the Mozarts etc of the modern day given that they used to score popular entertainment (operas and whatnot?). This is a convo I have had with my dad for a while, he's a big classical fan.

Considering the way the classical composers often worked, I would say there is some degree of cross-over. Of the modern film composers IMHO only Williams will be remembered by mainstream folks in a hundred years time (Jerry Goldsmith never received his rightful accolades even when he was alive, let alone now) and that is primarily because of the scores he created for many of our modern-day myths, many of the films you name among others.

Do you guys have the big box set of the Superman scores? 8 cd's of Superman goodness with Alexander Courage 120 minute score for Superman 4... far better than the finished film ended up being... and my personal fave behind the original Williams classic.

Talking of being old... I recently found in storage my old VHS sets of Superman: TM, Superman 2 and off-air recordings of the TV extended cuts of both - nearly all deleted scenes (bar Brando) put back in. Interesting stuff... do you remember these Chin? We got to see them a few times through the 80's on channel 10 - I think it was. Think I'll display em' with the PF when it turns up :yess:

I saw S:TM on the big screen too. Special affects look cheese ball now but they blew me away as a kid. My dad says I walked down to the screen at the end and watched listing to the music until the last credit rolled by. I also used to lay there and listen to the sound track on LP looking at the pictures on the sleeves before we had a VCR. Yea I know.... I'm old. :gandalf I'm really looking forward to seeing this in hand.

I'll take double helpings of cheese if the story is as good as Donner and Co put together - only wish he had got to finish it. Those S:TM credits on a proper big screen would still impress even today I'd hazard a guess. Some of the flying stuff with Reeve still looks great even today - being a pilot he really knew how to position his body so as to sell the illusion - his first flight from the Fortress still looks fantastic, a real set, a real actor, real classy direction, cinematography and score still sell this moment.

While the effects may have dated the influence of this film hasn't one iota... everything that has come after in this field (Keaton Bats, Bale Bats, Singer X-Men, Iron Man and Marvel Universe) draw very heavily on what S:TM established as a successful formula for this type of film. It's still the best comic book film made IMHO.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff... do you remember these Chin? We got to see them a few times through the 80's on channel 10 - I think it was. Think I'll display em' with the PF when it turns up :yess:

I can't remember those mate :( I do have a S:TM and S2 VHS box set though. I can recall watching the Star Wars trilogy on VHS at a mates house all taped off TV, ads and all lmao.

I can't remember those mate :( I do have a S:TM and S2 VHS box set though. I can recall watching the Star Wars trilogy on VHS at a mates house all taped off TV, ads and all lmao.

I used to be such a Star Wars newb. For whatever reason I was never really into SW when I was really little back in the 80's, I had only seen them like maybe one time back then. Couldn't remember anything about them. I had them taped off TV and they were just sitting there for like a decade. Then in like '95 or '96 I grabbed one off the shelf that was labeled Star Wars and I decided to watch it. And you know how the movie starts out with the Star Wars logo and then it goes to Episode IV A New Hope. Then I was like WTF I thought they only made 3 of these and I took it out. So I go looking around through my VHS stuff trying to find the other ones and the only other one I could find was ROTJ and I put that in and its starts up Episode VI Return of the Jedi and I was like what the hell? So I called up one of my friends who was a Star Wars nerd and I asked him what was going on and he told me. I was so dumb lol :slap

I wonder when I first saw the movie man? It's one of my earliest memories, must've been on VHS sometime in the early 80s, actually - I think the first one I saw was Superman 3 at a friends house and man I got freaked out when that lady turned into a robot.

this_scene_from_superman_iii_haunted_me_as_a_child-53389.gif

lol, I remember that scene! I was eight years old and saw Supes III the year it came out. I couldn't fall asleep after watching that part. Those eyes!

Back