Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10991549_10153169675466096_1421357148103917913_o.jpg

10860966_10153169675761096_1338397920514619369_o.jpg

10959642_10153169675756096_8469334246788291724_n.jpg

I believe this may be true... I gotta believe that is true... If not then I feel for those of you that ordered this... But even if you made the S perfect there is just too many problems with this statue. Move over Rambo PF you have some competition.

No joke, two of the best characters of all time get the two worst PFs of all time..

I have not been a fan of the pose/sculpt from the beginning. But I don't believe it could look this bad. People who did order this should hold out for better pics before flipping out though. It's the history of this board that first pics are the worst.

As much as some of you can't resist taking pot shots at my piece, I'm going to continue to site examples...

Don't be too quick to write off the CR piece based on these early in-hand shots. Back when we were waiting for the very first in-hand pics of the MOS "PF", this is what we saw:

Ef0AsA.jpg

A few days later, I was able to pull off this cell phone shot from my own delivered piece:

8GYS33.jpg

Now, as the photographer of the first pic (SDGuy) has stated, he wasn't going for a presentation shot, just evidence of its safe arrival and no blatant paint issues. Point is it really is better to hold judgement until you have it in-hand. Might be as bad as you think, but who knows? You might be surprised.

As much as some of you can't resist taking pot shots at my piece, I'm going to continue to site examples...

QuiGon, no offense, but many people that have seen the MOS PF first hand still don't think it looks as good as your pictures. Not the CR disaster, but still a dissapointing effort for many.

That is a nice figure, I sold mine in anticipation of getting the PF. If I still collected 1/6 at all I would get him back now.

The thing is, there's no better Reeve out there. Right now the Hot Toys figure is the only way to have a great Christoper Reeve on the shelf, even for people who would prefer statues.

I think Sideshow should get out of the human likeness business. They should stick to comic versions instead, or else create their own portraits from scratch like the Court of the Dead series. But when they have to match a specific actor they almost never manage it. The only great human likeness I can recall from Sideshow is Baby Doll from Sucker Punch.

Likeness on Arnold Conan PF was pretty much spot on, too.
But I do agree that on average, human likenesses are one of Sideshow's weak spots. This Reeve looks awful but the one that Cinemaquette pulled out of their a**es for 2000$ wasn't better, that's for sure.

QuiGon, no offense, but many people that have seen the MOS PF first hand still don't think it looks as good as your pictures. Not the CR disaster, but still a dissapointing effort for many.

I appreciate that, Tbolt. Here's the thing about my pics. What you see is what you get. I'm not using any photoshop or trickery. This really is what the piece looks like.

NOW, with that said (and this may turn out to be true of the CR piece as well), there is honestly one angle, and one angle only with a variance/tolerance of about 20 to 30 degrees only) in which the MOS piece really looks great (or at least as great as the Prototype which some were never sold on, I acknowledge). Beyond that, its not very good at all. BUT, at the end of the day, all of these PFs are display pieces, not toys. So you figure out how to display them and take advantage of that "one good angle" perhaps. This is true of any sculpture or no matter the value or prestige.

Now, you can argue that at the prices we pay for these pieces, we shouldn't need to search for a presentable angle, and I won't argue with that. But I know I will be able to display my MOS to make it look terrific with just a bit of care. Here's hoping its the same story with CR....

Likeness on Arnold Conan PF was pretty much spot on, too.
But I do agree that on average, human likenesses are one of Sideshow's weak spots. This Reeve looks awful but the one that Cinemaquette pulled out of their a**es for 2000$ wasn't better, that's for sure.

All Arnold pieces seem to be pretty great.. My TOD Indy is fantastic also. One of SSC best.

Don't be too quick to write off the CR piece based on these early in-hand shots. Back when we were waiting for the very first in-hand pics of the MOS "PF", this is what we saw:

Ef0AsA.jpg

A few days later, I was able to pull off this cell phone shot from my own delivered piece:

8GYS33.jpg

Now, as the photographer of the first pic (SDGuy) has stated, he wasn't going for a presentation shot, just evidence of its safe arrival and no blatant paint issues. Point is it really is better to hold judgement until you have it in-hand. Might be as bad as you think, but who knows? You might be surprised.

While your pics are really, really good, I fail to see Cavill anywhere in that sculpt. Anywhere. And, shouldn't it be easier to sculpt a face on PVC? Look at the HT one, probably produced in insane numbers, at a fraction of the cost as the MOPVC PF, and still looks 1000 better.

No offense, but the whole "the sculpt is there" doesn't cut it, because it just isn't.

You can repost that pic of yours 100 times a day (again, no offense, as I think it's a great picture) but the fact that that piece doesn't resemble Cavill AT ALL remains.

You might like it, but we all know it's a piece that will likely take ages to sell out and it will be heavily discounted. There's one at my local CS, I've seen it in person.

Having that said, it's 100 times better looking than the Reeve PF, at least based on these first batch of pics.

While your pics are really, really good, I fail to see Cavill anywhere in that sculpt. Anywhere. And, shouldn't it be easier to sculpt a face on PVC? Look at the HT one, probably produced in insane numbers, at a fraction of the cost as the MOPVC PF, and still looks 1000 better.

No offense, but the whole "the sculpt is there" doesn't cut it, because it just isn't.

You can repost that pic of yours 100 times a day (again, no offense, as I think it's a great picture) but the fact that that piece doesn't resemble Cavill AT ALL remains.

You might like it, but we all know it's a piece that will likely take ages to sell out and it will be heavily discounted. There's one at my local CS, I've seen it in person.

Having that said, it's 100 times better looking than the Reeve PF, at least based on these first batch of pics.

I appreciate your comments, Franpincho. I own the HT piece too, and there's just no doubt that it is superior. But what Hot Toys piece isn't superior to the PF versions in terms of head sculpt? I think it comes down to whether you appreciate these 1/4 scale (I-wish-it-were) polystone pieces or not. Even the very best ones, like the Keaton BM PF can't live up to the burning greatness of these HT 1/6 figures, though some do get closer than others.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from. I just hope the CR piece doesn't disappoint you as much as the MOS has.

Obviously when it comes down to whether the sculpt is there or not, we dive very deep into the subjective. I know it's not perfect by any means, but for me at least, there's no doubt who this is :

t4cRXD.jpg

0Gk4Yf.jpg

Last edited:
Back