Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, I don't see how this one can't be PVC. Based on the design of the statue. Supes would have to be almost weightless for them to pull it off.

Frankly, I don't see how this one can't be PVC. Based on the design of the statue. Supes would have to be almost weightless for them to pull it off.

Care to toss this question out to Alex on SF? I would be interested in hearing what Sideshow says.

Sammy bro, you need to relax here. You're all over every thread with this PVC issue. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Are you planning on picking up your PFs and hold them in your arms every night to feel how much they weigh?

It's not the first time SS had to use PVC on a statue. Would you rather the statue bend, break, and fall down due to the excessive weight? Would you rather just two solid feet on the ground to hold the weight in static poses while sacrificing dynamism? No? Then sorry, sometimes lighter materials need to be used in order to achieve the pose and position of the piece without fear of it crumbling under its own weight.

I highly doubt this is going to be a solid polystone piece. The pose and base just can't dictate it. Solid legs, hollow torso? maybe. Partly PVC body? maybe. Solid heavy polystone? Negative. No chance.

In the end....if no one told you the MOS PF was PVC would you have noticed? Just by looking at it.

Sammy bro, you need to relax here. You're all over every thread with this PVC issue. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Are you planning on picking up your PFs and hold them in your arms every night to feel how much they weigh?

It's not the first time SS had to use PVC on a statue. Would you rather the statue bend, break, and fall down due to the excessive weight? Would you rather just two solid feet on the ground to hold the weight in static poses while sacrificing dynamism? No? Then sorry, sometimes lighter materials need to be used in order to achieve the pose and position of the piece without fear of it crumbling under its own weight.

I highly doubt this is going to be a solid polystone piece. The pose and base just can't dictate it. Solid legs, hollow torso? maybe. Partly PVC body? maybe. Solid heavy polystone? Negative. No chance.

In the end....if no one told you the MOS PF was PVC would you have noticed? Just by looking at it.

What I do with my PF's at night is my business... Just kidding.

Yes, I realize that I've been going a bit nuts on the PVC issue. What can I say, I have idiosyncrasies and got all wrapped up in the polystone-plastic controversy! I'm settling down, it's just unexpected for a full figure to be PVC. Parts, certainly. Full thing, not so much. I just love knowing that the PF's are beasty statues and feel that the plastic cheapens it somehow. So to me, it is a huge deal. Of course, in hand reviews of the MOS are quite good, and your point is well taken -- likely can't tell by just looking. We shall see.

Thanks for keeping me in check marker.

:lol:lol

No problems bud. I can certainly understand some of your worries with the material and not having the "beasty material feel", but some people have just been going so overboard with this issue among the 2 boards. They're acting like it's the end of the world and now every SS product will be PVC and they're going to boycott SS and never buy anything else :lol

The only thing I can say is if whatever material they chose to do the body in enables them to do a kickass movie accurate suit/tailoring, is a high quality material (ie. a high quality PVC or high quality polystone or high quality cold cast porcelain), and looks good on the shelf on display as it's meant to be....then I'd say it wouldn't matter if it was made from petrified wood, cement, polystone, or PVC. In the end that's always the definitive measurement IMO.

Just food for thought :)

As long as SS mention the material accurately on their main web for each product, all of this PVC will go away

Yeah, I agree bruce. I'll be surprised if this doesn't get pushed back till at least December now.

I'd be fine with that as it'll mean I can pick up the Dark Horse Ganondorf & Link statues that I've had my eye on. Or the Good Smile Company Bayonetta statue. I do feel for those that are desperate to have this now though.

Yeah, I agree bruce. I'll be surprised if this doesn't get pushed back till at least December now.

I'd be fine with that as it'll mean I can pick up the Dark Horse Ganondorf & Link statues that I've had my eye on. Or the Good Smile Company Bayonetta statue. I do feel for those that are desperate to have this now though.

Get the F4F Ganondorf instead.

Get the F4F Ganondorf instead.

I actually planned on getting that beautiful statue early this year, pal. I'd saved up £400 specifically for it & went to the bank on a Saturday to check that my Ganondorf funds were all there & then came back home all excited about ordering it from the F4F website.

Before going to the F4F site I thought I'd check ebay just to see if either of the only 2 collectibles in the world that I wanted more than Ganondorf were available for £400 or less. They were the Sideshow Jason Voorhees F13 Pt3 PF &, my most desired collectible in the world, the Sideshow Morgul Lord Legendary Scale Bust. Jason was on but from a seller in Ireland & would've cost near £500. Then I checked the ML LSB & there it was, new in the box from a seller here in the UK and for around £350.

So my Ganondorf funds flew right out of Hyrule & straight into Middle Earth.

Since then I've been paying off a few debts I have for other things (laptop etc) & all the while putting money aside for collectibles I already had ordered for this year, Alien Warrior & Big Chap LSBs & this Superman PF.

I've not had the heart to go back to the F4F site because I assumed that the Ganondorf Ex must have long sold out. Because of your message I went there just now & I'm completely dumbfounded that it's still available. I mean, it's a masterpiece. 750 not gone yet!

So I won't bother with the Dark Horse items. I'll put the money aside, yet again, for that F4F Ganondorf. I wouldn't be able to afford it until the end of January so now I've got to just hope that it doesn't sell out for another 3 months. :pray:

What I do with my PF's at night is my business... Just kidding.

Yes, I realize that I've been going a bit nuts on the PVC issue. What can I say, I have idiosyncrasies and got all wrapped up in the polystone-plastic controversy! I'm settling down, it's just unexpected for a full figure to be PVC. Parts, certainly. Full thing, not so much. I just love knowing that the PF's are beasty statues and feel that the plastic cheapens it somehow. So to me, it is a huge deal. Of course, in hand reviews of the MOS are quite good, and your point is well taken -- likely can't tell by just looking. We shall see.

Thanks for keeping me in check marker.

:lol:lol

No problems bud. I can certainly understand some of your worries with the material and not having the "beasty material feel", but some people have just been going so overboard with this issue among the 2 boards. They're acting like it's the end of the world and now every SS product will be PVC and they're going to boycott SS and never buy anything else :lol

The only thing I can say is if whatever material they chose to do the body in enables them to do a kickass movie accurate suit/tailoring, is a high quality material (ie. a high quality PVC or high quality polystone or high quality cold cast porcelain), and looks good on the shelf on display as it's meant to be....then I'd say it wouldn't matter if it was made from petrified wood, cement, polystone, or PVC. In the end that's always the definitive measurement IMO.

Just food for thought :)

Yeah, this sounds a lot like civil discourse. As you know, this is DEEPLY FROWNED UPON in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Prop/Comic discussion boards. Consider yourselves both reprimanded. You'll each be receiving three limited edition SSF demerits each (made from parchment and PVC, suitable for framing!) via PM.

Try to straighten up
-QGF

Yeah, this sounds a lot like civil discourse. As you know, this is DEEPLY FROWNED UPON in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Prop/Comic discussion boards. Consider yourselves both reprimanded. You'll each be receiving three limited edition SSF demerits each (made from parchment and PVC, suitable for framing!) via PM.

Try to straighten up
-QGF

Oops, my bad. Next time I'll endeavour to be far less civil and use far more fowl language.

Until then, I accept my lashings with Canadian pride!

Oops, my bad. Next time I'll endeavour to be far less civil and use far more fowl language.

Until then, I accept my lashings with Canadian pride!

Shut the hell up, Sammy!

You suck! Your collection sucks! If you own a dog, then that sucks too!

See, now this is how it's done, chaps. :D

Looks like the description has been updated?

image.jpg

The hell?! SSAlex said 99% of their statues would be polystone. That was clearly a lie!

Edit: my bad, it was Igo on SF.

Looks like the description has been updated?

This is no surprise & really does make perfect sense. There's no way a heavy all polystone statue would be able to be safely supported by just his right leg attached to the base. So I'm completely cool with this.

I really can't believe this PVC thing! In my opinion Sideshow crossed the line! QC problems, last minute changes and at last using PVC on their statues! Sorry, not statues, hybrids! There are so many collectors here who don't like me but how could you tolerate this cheating? Why are we spending those high prices then? First, they pre-opened these products as a polystone statue but when it emerged the body of the Man of Steel is PVC, they change the description of Chris Reeve's PF! Go on guys, continue to support Sideshow!

Back