Christopher Nolan Inception

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally, but only because they look so similar!

Really glad Gordon-Levitt got it though, he rocked and is coming a long way from 3rd Rock. He'd be my vote for a new Joker.

You know I knew nothing about this kid coming in but DAMN did he own his role. I love the guy, I hope to see him more. Plus its nice to see someone that looks like Heath ............... kinda like having that presence around. If that even makes any sense.

Gordon-Levitt is very talented. The whole cast was great in this.
If any of you thought Tom Hardy was good in this and haven't seen Bronson be sure to check that out. His best performance imo.

Gordon-Levitt is very talented. The whole cast was great in this.
If any of you thought Tom Hardy was good in this and haven't seen Bronson be sure to check that out. His best performance imo.

Yeah the entire cast was extremely likeable too. Its either the reflection on the director or casting director. Either way this film was solid on all counts.

So as I have been thinking about the ending, this is where I get stuck:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I also like the idea that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It seems like you could come up with several theories about the meaning of the film--I need to see it again.

^^^

You actually sold me on the
Spoiler Spoiler:
theories better than anyone else yet, :)

Still not convinced, but I am thinking about it...

P.S There is a spoiler thread for this now.

So as I have been thinking about the ending, this is where I get stuck:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The main thing I liked about Inception as well as Nolans past films is how lean they are. His movies are all meat.

Could you imagine how much better say the Pirates of the Caribbean series would have been if all the bloated junk was cut out?

The main thing I liked about Inception as well as Nolans past films is how lean they are. His movies are all meat.

Could you imagine how much better say the Pirates of the Caribbean series would have been if all the bloated junk was cut out?

I usually like deleted scenes on DVDs, but you just don't get much of that with Christopher Nolan. He seems extremely prepared and I imagine that he doesn't waste time shooting material that he doesn't need. He doesn't strike me as a director who shoots everything and the kitchen sink and then puts the movie together in the editing room--the right time to figure out what scenes belong in the movie is in the scripting stage, and if the screenplay works as it should then you don't waste time and money filming parts of the story that don't belong and won't end up in the finished film anyway. His films are long, but there are very few scenes (if any) that I would cut out. Compare that to your average Michael Bay film!

Just saw this, loved it, very refreshing. Not the best movie I've ever seen but a great original concept.
Leonardo, I mean damn, is that guy ever in a bad movie. Fantastic actor
I think 3D really would've pushed it over the edge though and it makes the special effects feel incomplete without it.

Last edited:
Just saw this, loved it, very refreshing. Not the best movie I've ever seen but a great original concept.
Leonardo, I mean damn, is that guy ever in a bad movie. Fantastic actorI think 3D really would've pushed it over the edge though and it makes the special effects feel incomplete without it.

Easily the best actor of our generation in my opinion, i think he is going to get stronger and stronger, hes going to be a Hollywood Legend :thud:

He already is, without a doubt! He puts soo much of himself into each and every role. I don't particularly think he gets better (or a little) but rather, he has always been that good and continually is, he never get's any worse. He's one of the most reliable actors I've ever seen. From the first moment I saw him, to this very movie, he's been just as fantastic in every movie that I've seen him in, even from his very young days. He's so engaging which personally I always think is odd because he has such a strange voice. Like Tom Hanks.
But it works, he's just brilliant

I usually like deleted scenes on DVDs, but you just don't get much of that with Christopher Nolan. He seems extremely prepared and I imagine that he doesn't waste time shooting material that he doesn't need. He doesn't strike me as a director who shoots everything and the kitchen sink and then puts the movie together in the editing room--the right time to figure out what scenes belong in the movie is in the scripting stage, and if the screenplay works as it should then you don't waste time and money filming parts of the story that don't belong and won't end up in the finished film anyway. His films are long, but there are very few scenes (if any) that I would cut out. Compare that to your average Michael Bay film!

Very very good point

Back