Chris Howes custom Doctor Who sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thats appalling. I still don't understand what happened to the man to make him treat folks who've paid for his work in such a disrespectful manner.

Hello ...ok whats going on ..is chris going to make the who heads or not ...personaly i want my money back...i paid for the dr who tom and sara heads and since its now march 19 2010...it dosent look like he will ever make them... Sorry to be a pain......!!!!!!!!!

You should do a search through the forum and read up. It would be nothing short of an amazing miracle to see anything from howes. He's a thief and a liar and I believe he was banned from these boards for his shoddy business practices.

if you can find him I recommend hounding him like crazy and threaten to call the police. it was the only way I got my item (not Who related).

Hello ...ok whats going on ..is chris going to make the who heads or not ...personaly i want my money back...i paid for the dr who tom and sara heads and since its now march 19 2010...it dosent look like he will ever make them... Sorry to be a pain......!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you pulled through the coma! Welcome back! :D

watermark.php

:rotfl:lol:lol

This thread might aswell get locked up now as well as all the others to do with anything Howes related.

Before we lock anything, does anyone have his address so we can report him to the FBI for internet crime? Might as well send the thief to jail where he belongs before we lock all the threads, I'd hate to see him just get away with this.

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Ask Michael Crawford. Apparently was Chris not a Poppies Judge for this year. Crawford should have some sort of contact information, I would think???

Before we lock anything, does anyone have his address so we can report him to the FBI for internet crime? Might as well send the thief to jail where he belongs before we lock all the threads, I'd hate to see him just get away with this.

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

Ugh. Again and again and again with this. Do you not understand, the people BUYING these unlicensed products are ALSO involved in illegal activity!? :duh

Snitching on C.Howes = snitching on everyone who agreed to purchase his products. You can't go to the cops/court/authorities because the drug dealer you planned on buying drugs from stole your money. Same thing here.

Ugh. Again and again and again with this. Do you not understand, the people BUYING these unlicensed products are ALSO involved in illegal activity!? :duh

Snitching on C.Howes = snitching on everyone who agreed to purchase his products. You can't go to the cops/court/authorities because the drug dealer you planned on buying drugs from stole your money. Same thing here.

To elaborate a bit on that, although this is not as "extreme" in cases where multiple people commissioned an unlicensed head (meaning he would produce one and then recast it for multiple people), is what's illegal.

Commissioning a single head from an artist for personal use is perfectly legal.

Commissioning a single head from an artist for personal use is perfectly legal.

Um.. actually no. You're wrong. It's STILL illegal.

If someone makes an unlicensed figure for themselves and their own collection, that's fine. Perfectly legal. Just like if you make a copy of a CD/DVD for yourself it's legal. But the minute you sell something, even a single copy of something you don't own and don't have the right to sell/distribute that's illegal.

Now the chances of someone getting into trouble over a single item is slim.. but since we're laying out definitions, that's what's up.

A single commissioned head sculpt is still illegal.

Um.. actually no. You're wrong. It's STILL illegal.

If someone makes an unlicensed figure for themselves and their own collection, that's fine. Perfectly legal. Just like if you make a copy of a CD/DVD for yourself it's legal. But the minute you sell something, even a single copy of something you don't own and don't have the right to sell/distribute that's illegal.

Now the chances of someone getting into trouble over a single item is slim.. but since we're laying out definitions, that's what's up.

A single commissioned head sculpt is still illegal.

You need to reread what I wrote. And FYI: It's perfectly legal to commission an artist to make you a one-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back