Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is complaining about Sideshow using plastic parts for the Star Wars PFs...anyone remember the Boba Fett PF?

It was almost all plastic and it looks great. I have the Ex. :D

No, no I'm all for plastic parts! It prevents breakage one huge issue for me. I love plastic parts and I'm all for it. SS I love you for using plastic parts on fragile parts. Support it 100%. Saves me so much headaches to lesser the risk of breakage on statues. :wave

Everyone is complaining about Sideshow using plastic parts for the Star Wars PFs...anyone remember the Boba Fett PF?

It was almost all plastic and it looks great. I have the Ex. :D

That is true.
Boba PF is an incredible statue.
Then again Sideshow didn't price it at where the droids are.
That's where the core of the problem lies.
:(

That is true.

Exactly this!!!! And the fabric is way more complex on boba as well

That is true.

True.

But remember that in 2008, five years ago when the Fett PF was released, it was considered overpriced at $325.

Especially when most PFs at the time were going for around $250.

It's not only the seams guys... check out how much fur detail has been lost when you look at them side-by-side. They've changed the sculpt around the seam on the forearm and taken away a lot of dangling fur (it looks so flat now - after looking at the original - it reminds me of a dog turd).

Pretty piss-poor effort...

ScreenShot2013-07-20at122814AM_zps8c893030.png

Good lord... if that's a production piece i am sending it back. Paint app looks flat, looks like a mud man gross! got the EX on order

It's not only the seams guys... check out how much fur detail has been lost when you look at them side-by-side. They've changed the sculpt around the seam on the forearm and taken away a lot of dangling fur (it looks so flat now - after looking at the original - it reminds me of a dog turd).

Pretty piss-poor effort...

ScreenShot2013-07-20at122814AM_zps8c893030.png

Doesn't even look like Chewie in this picture, more like a bigfoot than our beloved Chewie.

True.

But remember that in 2008, five years ago when the Fett PF was released, it was considered overpriced at $325.

Especially when most PFs at the time were going for around $250.

and from that you could even draw the conclusion that doing them in plastic isn't cheaper than polystone...

Don't like the seams either, but keeping my preorder for now. I'm sure it's still gonna be fixed.

dont forget guys if we moan enough they might change things nothing is final at the mo plus did anyone catch that it has a light up base

Last edited:
How can it not look the same? :rotfl well yes the colors are much more dull but other then that I don't see big foot anywhere?? :lol

just saying the face looks pretty generic, like someone's rendition of a bigfoot and not Chewbacca. And yes, I know it's basically the same, but this PF looks more human/ape than Chewie does.

I have to admit that now that I have seen this I think I will get the GG Chewie w/ 3PO. I just don't like the lines in the arm. To me it really distracts from the piece.

Back