Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the Berserker PF has even less with only a small piece of leather covering [thankfully] his private areas. A Cave Troll PF would be no different.

Yeah I meant the BPF. The Cave Troll would be no different just bigger.

Yeah I meant the BPF. The Cave Troll would be no different just BIGGER.

There, I put that post into some size relation context. ;)

Do I think a Cave Troll PF would look cool? Sure. Would I
a) be able to afford the $1000+ price tag, or
b) the $150+ domestic shipping charge, or
c) be able to display it ANYWHERE in my house?
Not in a million years. And I suspect the same goes for most of the people in this thread, too ;).

I think a cavetroll dio would be pretty bangin :rock gimli on balins tomb with the cavetroll about to take a swing .... SIDESHOW MAKE IT SO :lecture

Is he about to dive into a pool? :lol

Looks pretty cool, but where is that?

Leeds Royal Armoury (UK). Part of the Weta exhibition.

Very impressive Dave, though that hanging appendage is a bit much for my liking....

What? THe underarm 'bat-wings'? He's lost a bit of weight since the movies. Hard times and type casting and all :naughty

First of all someone put a loincloth on that thing!

I think the Mordor Troll would be a better choice for a few reasons.

Cave Troll statue was already done extremely well.

Elements like armor that work better in PF

In the RotK at the Black Gates scene, he is subject to some interpretation of size, when his foot is on Aragorns chest obviously thats way too big. but when the eye falls and the troll is seen running away, he is about twice the height of the Gondorians. So if he was hunched over a bit it would still be a massive piece in terms of width and weight but totally displayable just not in a detolf :rolleyes: who cares.

I realize something like this would probably be 500-1000 but I'd get it if it came out well, and Sideshow tends to do really well on stuff like this.

First of all someone put a loincloth on that thing!

I think the Mordor Troll would be a better choice for a few reasons.

Cave Troll statue was already done extremely well.

Elements like armor that work better in PF

In the RotK at the Black Gates scene, he is subject to some interpretation of size, when his foot is on Aragorns chest obviously thats way too big. but when the eye falls and the troll is seen running away, he is about twice the height of the Gondorians. So if he was hunched over a bit it would still be a massive piece in terms of width and weight but totally displayable just not in a detolf :rolleyes: who cares.

I realize something like this would probably be 500-1000 but I'd get it if it came out well, and Sideshow tends to do really well on stuff like this.

Even if the LOTR licence was as popular as it once was, and even if the economy wasn't going down the tiolet, it's all irrelevant. SS has already said there will not be any large figures to this line, ie 1/4 scale horses.......and this thing would be larger than any horse.

Where did they say there will be no horses or large pieces?? link please.

It was in the form of a Q and A from one of SS's 'Ask Sideshow' segments some time ago. I don't have a clue how to link to it now. :dunno

Though Sideshow did say in their original PF press release the characters would be approx. 12-18" in height and range in price between $225-$450. Niether of these criteria would even remotely apply to a cave or battle troll.

I hope they are flexible on this as some of the Marvel PFs have been more expensive and then there was the SW Biker Scout which was a very big piece.

not really a character that would benefit from teh PF treatment, would only get a cloth crotch cover!

I just realized something.

Why can't we have a Cave Troll PF!?!?

Abomination is 16'8" Tall. A Cave Troll is 12-17' Tall. The Abomination PF was only wearing underwear, so why not a Cave Troll with a loin cloth?

If Sideshow can make an Abomination PF a Cave Troll PF is definitely doable! :lecture :rock

What say you?

Abomination is 16'8" Tall. A Cave Troll is 12-17' Tall. The Abomination PF was only wearing underwear, so why not a Cave Troll with a loin cloth?

If Sideshow can make an Abomination PF a Cave Troll PF is definitely doable! :lecture :rock

What say you?

That is a very good point :lecture

I yield! :lol

What say you?
Been syaing this all ALONG!

as long as it's bigger than the previously released pfs, it's definitely a go for me.:naughty:naughty:naughty

Back