Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is ... If sales drop the prices MAY drop ... That or the ESs will have to.

No chance the price drops. The ES will just be lower. Look at what happened with the GL PF. On top of that, don't underestimate the T&A factor. This will sell even at a $400 price point. Also, this piece is spot on and looks great. I have a feeling this piece will move even at $400.

Disappointed that the price-point is $400... Too much.

I'll have to think about this one.

Disappointed is an understatement. I was trying to stay positive about their pricing but I can't anymore. I love the look of this piece but I can't say yes to every statue at this price point.

So either I pass on something else that's really cool and grab her, or I pass on this. The real shame of it is I'm basically being priced out. $400 isn't a breaking point for me but I can't buy 5-8 statues a year at that price. Just isn't going to happen.

Oh well, I guess I'll have a choice to make.

BTW:

"Catwoman stands nearly two feet tall atop a cylindrical base with ferocious lion-themed architecture."

Wow, she's going to tower over Harley and Ivy...

Hmm I have never pre-ordered from sideshow directly. Any of you UK collectors able to help me out on how much it should likely cost in total?

When you compare it to the $400 price point, totally agree. You get more with Wonder Woman compared to Catwoman. That's not taking anything away from the Catwoman PF. It's great. I just think they priced it too high.

Agreed based on complexity and polystone. BUT sex sells and Catwoman sells it even at $400 sad to say. I actually do hope they have misread the market as it will keep the ES lower of course. But I suspect not and it will be in the 1000s

When you compare it to the $400 price point, totally agree. You get more with Wonder Woman compared to Catwoman. That's not taking anything away from the Catwoman PF. It's great. I just think they priced it too high.

I was speaking merely from an aesthetic standpoint, not a monetary one. Basically, I just think WW is the better looking PF. However, if you factor in the $400 price point, there is no doubt WW offers more bang for your buck. Overall, I think WW looks better and offers more for your $$$. However, just like you, I think Catwoman looks great.

Hmm I have never pre-ordered from sideshow directly. Any of you UK collectors able to help me out on how much it should likely cost in total?

Shipping is reasonable from SS to the UK (certainally compared to domestic US sellers and their quotes). Add 20% VAT for customs who WONT miss it and a around a £18 "handling" charge by your courier at this end and you get an idea. Saying that I often buy from SS direct as it costs a bit more but has the following advantages:

(1) You get it much, much quicker than you would buying at home
(2) You can flip it if you hate it in hand and generally get your money back or even make a MINOR profit (after fees etc) if there is a buzz around the piece on release
(3) SS has generally always given me great international support with broken items immediately sent out without fuss
(4) you build up points

I suppose in summary if I want the character and know I probably wont cancel even if others come out (re NRD) I buy direct from SS for the above perks. If not sure (especially with terrible ex) I wait for in hand reviews and buy later at home (or the ex off ebay)

I guess this is the pose you'd go for...

1d4veOSGex_press01.jpg

I'd turn it slightly to the left for even bust/butt viewing. You'd want Selina to be staring right at you.

Definite order for me. One of my fave characters..

Price is what I expect from SS these days.

As someone said earlier, 400$ is the new going rate for PFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back