Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed they started adding this disclaimer to a number of their released and upcoming PFs. Gladiator Hulk, the three upcoming Hulk PF's, Keaton, Wonder Woman, Death's Siren, etc. to name a few. It's pretty standard practice for that disclaimer but in the case of Catwoman's wonky eyes and stained costumes, that excuse is just unacceptable. Those are clearly defects as far as I'm concerned. While the eye color may not be accurate to her traditional green, the blue eyes were advertised on the proto's page so I guess I can't hold that against them. I knew what I was getting when it came to the eye color.

I think I'm going to contact them again before the 30-day window is up and see if I can at least get some credit to help pay to get it fixed. Irritates me that I spend $400 (not to mention all I spend on my other purchases from them) and I need to spend more to make it acceptable to display.

With all your PO this should not happen in terms of CS. Just look at how many statues your buying on your sig. Crazy amount of money you are spending!

Noticed they have now added a "Prototype Shown" tag on the store page. They must really have had a lot of QC enquiries with the first wave. By adding this would it somehow cover them with not having to send out replacement portraits on the next wave? Maybe added it due to lack of stock?

"Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance" Yeah... may come with blue ****ing googly eyes. :lol

I'm so glad mine has not shipped yet. Maybe the later shipments will get fixed. I hope they ship mine much later now to be safer from googley eyes.

I don't care about wonk eyes, I just want the costume to be perfect. :pray:

ugh, that's the wrong mentality. I was looking at a frozen Anna disney infinity figure I bought over xmas and her painted eyes ARE PERFECT. A freaking $12 figure has better painted eyes then our $400 Catwoman...ridiculous. Anyone who defends the googly eyes has just lost sense of reality between what we are paying and what we are getting.

ugh, that's the wrong mentality. I was looking at a frozen Anna disney infinity figure I bought over xmas and her painted eyes ARE PERFECT. A freaking $12 figure has better painted eyes then our $400 Catwoman...ridiculous. Anyone who defends the googly eyes has just lost sense of reality between what we are paying and what we are getting.

Yes for 400.00 plus QC needs to reflect the prices.

Her eyes should absolutely be lined up correctly.

I should have said it's not important to me because I'm going to have them redone anyway.

I only collect googly eye pfs.

:lol

I don't care about wonk eyes, I just want the costume to be perfect. :pray:
sure that was directed at me. Obviously SS does not care much about quality. A little paint and some eye decals and easy fix for the eyes. Stripping the figure, finding material and sewing a new costume is a pain. I could do that to but do not want to and should not have to do any of it really. You don't have to be a smart ass. Do you have the skills to fix figures?

sure that was directed at me. Obviously SS does not care much about quality. A little paint and some eye decals and easy fix for the eyes. Stripping the figure, finding material and sewing a new costume is a pain. I could do that to but do not want to and should not have to do any of it really. You don't have to be a smart ass. Do you have the skills to fix figures?

What?

I dunno, just soeak with your wallet and don't buy from Sideshow anymore. I haven't. I've had nothing on PO since Superman and cancelled Catwoman and I'm fine with it. Ordered my first XM piece, I am confident it will look great and I don't mind paying more for rarer and quality. As for SS, whether or not you care about ES, these overblown oversaturated ES pieces have claerly ben hit and miss in the QC department. IMO because I always pay tons of duty, it's just not worth risking Sideshow poor quality anymore. I still like to come here though. :) I MAY get the new Jason and Freddy PFs as well as Spidey if they don't over do the ES. 10,000 of the same statue, tons are bound to be a mess in quality. XM collecting for me these days.

I dunno, just soeak with your wallet and don't buy from Sideshow anymore. I haven't. I've had nothing on PO since Superman and cancelled Catwoman and I'm fine with it. Ordered my first XM piece, I am confident it will look great and I don't mind paying more for rarer and quality. As for SS, whether or not you care about ES, these overblown oversaturated ES pieces have claerly ben hit and miss in the QC department. IMO because I always pay tons of duty, it's just not worth risking Sideshow poor quality anymore. I still like to come here though. :) I MAY get the new Jason and Freddy PFs as well as Spidey if they don't over do the ES. 10,000 of the same statue, tons are bound to be a mess in quality. XM collecting for me these days.
I'm not about to blow $650-$1000 for a statue though. And have you seen the awful likeness on their Ironman figure? He looks like Sean Connery. I guess my point is no matter what you pay there will always be problems. It just comes down to what you're willing to accept.

I'm not about to blow $650-$1000 for a statue though. And have you seen the awful likeness on their Ironman figure? He looks like Sean Connery. I guess my point is no matter what you pay there will always be problems. It just comes down to what you're willing to accept.

Valid points you have, I don't mind paying $700 if it is low ES and stunning paint work on a sculpt I really love though. Some XM piece are not worth a grand but their Phoenix, Doom and Cap sure are imo. Sideshow doesn't even paint their eyes on statues anymore, they use decals, and they STILL can't get it right like wtf. They've just totally lost me... for now. That's not to say they won't win me back if in hand pics of a piece I like looks good. They did great with Supes just made a bit to many of him imo. To each their own, but for now XM has my attention. I really hope they get DC within a year or so. :panic:

Sure that this was directed at me. You don't have to be a smart ass. Do you have the skills to rationally communicate like an adult?

Back