Castle Of Illusion HD remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
SEGA, in collaboration with Disney Interactive is pleased to announce the upcoming digital release of Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, a complete re-imagining of the iconic Genesis side-scrolling adventure first released in 1990. Developed by Sega Studios Australia, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse will be available worldwide for digital download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network, and Windows PC in summer 2013.

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse first debuted on the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive in 1990 to critical acclaim. Excellent controls, music, and graphics helped to bring the magic of Disney to millions of SEGA fans around the world. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse will continue this tradition. Completely rebuilt from the ground up, Castle of Illusion has stunning visuals and new gameplay mechanics. Fans will enjoy the original storyline as they help Mickey save Minnie from the evil witch, Mizrabel.

“The original Castle of Illusion was tremendously entertaining and has a well-deserved reputation as a SEGA classic. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse brings this great game to a new generation,” said Chris Olson, vice president of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “Mickey is back and he looks fantastic.

8640620625_0c5f35f53d_b.jpg

8652767040_8fd828fb04_b.jpg

8651666935_83d085835f_b.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/oib9CW-W0Zw[/ame]

Wow! One of my favourite games of all time right there. I hope it doesn't lose any of the charm from the original ill break my rule and buy day 1 release :D

The more Disney games the merrier! I always loved the classic disney comics and sidescrollers-platformers so this and ducktales will be an instant buy! Though i wish they'd be available for the vita.Such games are suited for handhelds.

I'm really looking forward to this since the "spiritual successor" to Castle of Illusion (Power of Illusion on the 3DS) turned out to be less than great.

Between this and Ducktales, I am very happy to see Disney licensing out these old games. Hope to more. Mickey's Mystical Quest on the SNES was a very fun game I'd love to see again.

Can NOT wait for this!!!!!
One my favorite games of all time! I spent hours, weeks, months playing that game.

I remember seeing some footage for it on a gaming show back in 90-91 and being blown away (compared to NES obviously...)
I said out loud "I have to have this" and I got it for Christmas. Played it for years.

:yess: Awesome man. Me and the Mrs found an old Castle of Illusion cartridge for 50p a year or so ago. Just not had a chance to hook her old Megadrive up. Defo a priority this weekend :D

As fun as this will no doubt be, I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed that the graphics are 3D rendered.

Part of the charm was the music and graphics...this update does look a little sterile but I'm still holding out hope ;)

:yess: Awesome man. Me and the Mrs found an old Castle of Illusion cartridge for 50p a year or so ago. Just not had a chance to hook her old Megadrive up. Defo a priority this weekend :D

The truly shameful aspect of that is - I made this in like, 2001. I had no idea how to do it, and went about what turned out to be the most backwards way of making that. It took me like 4 hours.

Clearly, I use my time very well.

Back