Can a glass shelf of a Detolf withstand the weight of a 1:1 T-800 Endo Bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I would assume the shelves in that cabinet are toughened glass, due to the span, but you know what they say about assumptions...

A singular endo skull would sit on that no worries, depends on what else you put up there with it. Rest it on the shelf while you balance it in your hands in the middle front & see how much the glass deflects. More that 3mm (1/8th of an inch) would worry me.

If that's the case put it more near the edge. Although, it is a front & center item in my books.:D

Well I'm not planning to leave the T-800 endo bust sitting alone, I'm hoping to put the T-600 endo bust next to it :monkey3. I might also add the T-800 PF between them...but then I'd be asking for trouble *sigh*.

i had my endoskull on the top shelf of my detolf and about 2 days later it came crashing down and smashed into a million pieces. it also smashed my Doom PF and Hulk PF on the way down and all 3 landed on my Weta Balrog statue.

i had my endoskull on the top shelf of my detolf and about 2 days later it came crashing down and smashed into a million pieces. it also smashed my Doom PF and Hulk PF on the way down and all 3 landed on my Weta Balrog statue.

Sorry to hear that ouch, Thats why I've had 6mm steel bars welded underneath and added more spacers to spread the weight.
I hope it holds :angelsmil

Wow, that must have been very hard..

I feel your pain bro!!

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

OMG! If I was near a window I'd want to jump out of it if I Saw that happen. Geez...that really sucks!!!

dude if this is true, it should be stickied somewhere.

If its BS as some claim, you prob shortened my lifespan and made my heart jump :whip

what's worse is that i was bending down to sweep up the pieces into a dustpan and when i stood up again i accidently bumped into my 1:1 endoskeleton and it toppled over into my alien bust. i had to get the vacuum cleaner out for that one.

what's worse is that i was bending down to sweep up the pieces into a dustpan and when i stood up again i accidently bumped into my 1:1 endoskeleton and it toppled over into my alien bust. i had to get the vacuum cleaner out for that one.

:lol:lol:lol you really had me going there.

i have a besta shelf and i put my predator maquette on the middle shelf and the IM mark 3 on the top shelf.

after 4 days i took it out cos i knew i'd faint if i came home one day and say the mark 3 on top of the P1 maquette :monkey2

can't believe it took about 3 hours for someone to cry foul.:lol

i won't put anything heavier than a few 1/6 figures on my detolf shelves. it's just too scary.

Pics ? :banghead

I had my endo bust for almost 1 year on a double door detolf that I bought at JYSK (local store)
every day when I came home from work I was worried to find my endo bust on top of my maul bust.

never happend.

Terminator

Product Type:
Life-Size Bust

Product Size:
13" H (330.2mm) x 8" W (203.2mm) x 8" D (203.2mm)*

Product Weight:
14.00 lbs (6.35 kg)*:horror

Box Size:
12.00" H (304.8mm) x 13.00" W (330.2mm) x 20.00" L (508mm)*

Est. Shipping Weight:
18.00 lbs (8.16 kg)*