Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my set last night and I'm very impressed! C3PO has some weight on him and the mechanics and enginering is awesome! The scuplt and paint job are amazing and the only downside is the stupid batteries don't fit perfectly inside his head!

R2D2 weighs more than what I expected after reading the first reports! His scuplt is amazing and the light up function is perfection! I love how his panels open up and his third wheel! It took me awhile to get the courage to really pull down on the leg but it's looks amazing!

The retraining bolts are cool but I don't have them displayed. The regular edition with a single base is the way to go in my opinion and the exclusive should have created two bases that connect so the droids could do their singature pose! I'm completely thrilled with this set!

The only cons is I wish R2 made sounds! Pictures will be posted shortly

I don't care about sounds, but I kind of wish there was a way to plug them into the wall rather than using batteries so that you could have them on all the time. Though I guess then they wouldn't be so mobile.

That would have been a great option to have with these two, especially on the regular version where the droids share a single base. Two contact points with one electric cord out the back. I'd actually turn their lights on more often. :(

That would have been a great option to have with these two, especially on the regular version where the droids share a single base. Two contact points with one electric cord out the back. I'd actually turn their lights on more often. :(
Whatever happened to the use of adapters in these things anyway? Seems to be an option we're seeing less and less. The Darth Vader, Obi Wan and even the Hansicle pf's all came with an adapter. Oddly no adapter for Jedi Luke but I thought for sure these guys would have one. Might have even made their price seem a little more understandable to some people.

Thanks. :hi5:

Here's my (poor photoshopped) shot of them all. Just Chewie and I'm done.

BTW: the Speeder Bike PF is on another shelf now as the other PF's have taken up too much room.

ScreenShot2013-08-01at121249AM_zpsccc0db97.png

Impressive, most impressive!

Got mine today.. Like many, you can't help but have that twinge of disappointment when you first pick up R2 and you feel that plastic.. But the you set them up and all is well in the world. I will post a real review later. As for now here are some pics.

This first photo is how I will have them set up and displayed.

Congrats Jaws! Looks great pal!

Here is a little update pic of my EX droids before I package them back in the box...added a little detail to the background and placed the Deathstar behind my droids...eventually when I have these on display at my new home I'll make the background bigger but was just testing to see how the effect looks..

4yqahyne.jpg

Was anyone else disappointed with the mechanical arm that came out of R2's panel appearing to be just two pieces of plastic glued together? Either I've been on this board too long and have acquired the b1tch bug or found that it also felt cheap that it wasn't a little more authentic looking for the price? Oh well, guess at this point I'm just... :horse

Here is a little update pic of my EX droids before I package them back in the box...added a little detail to the background and placed the Deathstar behind my droids...eventually when I have these on display at my new home I'll make the background bigger but was just testing to see how the effect looks..

4yqahyne.jpg

Looks very good. Can't wait to see your final set-up.

Whatever happened to the use of adapters in these things anyway? Seems to be an option we're seeing less and less. The Darth Vader, Obi Wan and even the Hansicle pf's all came with an adapter. Oddly no adapter for Jedi Luke but I thought for sure these guys would have one. Might have even made their price seem a little more understandable to some people.

A single switch on the base would have been ideal for this set, I don't really care if they can't move around or not we have hot toys figs for that.

Sounds like an awful lot of messing around if you have people over and they ask to see them lit up.

A single switch on the base would have been ideal for this set, I don't really care if they can't move around or not we have hot toys figs for that.

Sounds like an awful lot of messing around if you have people over and they ask to see them lit up.

Well, while C-3PO has a peg on his foot, R2-D2 is can be moved around so if you required a plug you wouldn't be able to do that.
I guess also what with the EX having separate bases and all they saved themselves the hassle of installing all the extra wiring required for three different adapter hook ups....

SIDESHOW EASTER EGG ALERT!!!!!!!

Well Kinda

Ok so I am not sure if this will be the same for everyone. I assume it would have to be. But back when SSC first started to sneak peek this piece they talked about it being very movable...

They showed us this picture..

sideshow-collectibles-c-3po-r2-d2-premium-format-sneak-peek.jpg

AS you can see the torso looks like it was meant to be moveable also. However since then it had never been mentioned again.

Well it turns out it is.. Not a ton mind you. But enough to arch is back more and to move it slightly left or right. Granted it is not a ton

However I like that I can arch 3PO's back more as that is how Antony Daniels always played him with the exaggerated proper posture.

Anyways here are some photos

So Perhaps not the biggest deal but I like that I can arch the back more. For me it give 3PO just a little more of that 3PO life!!

Back