Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my main concern with the plastic is coloring. Even if you keep it out of direct sunlight, the white on R2-D2 can still turn brown/yellow-ish over time from the light, if it's crap plastic.

I have thought this too :exactly: its not exactly (snow) white at the moment, more of a off white. Best to keep R2 well away from sunlight!

my main concern with the plastic is coloring. Even if you keep it out of direct sunlight, the white on R2-D2 can still turn brown/yellow-ish over time from the light, if it's crap plastic.

It's all painted plastic, though, right? Or are there areas of non painted?

Congrats bud, look forward to some cool pics! :hi5:

Thanks! Yeah, hoping to get some pics up by the weekend!

I think I much prefer the standard PF, the weathering is great, really nicely done.

I’m a bit concerned about R2 being plastic, I detest plastic. Last time I got suckered in by plastic is when I bought the HT Tron light cycle, looked cool in pictures but at the end of the day, in person, plastic is plastic and it ends up looking like a toy, if it were a potato it would be a bad potato. Likewise I had the Enterbay Batman ¼ which I thought would look OK as it’s rubber and plastic, nope, look like a giant action figure in real life (probably cos it is:p)). Bottom line, only in polystone I trust!:lecture

Polystone is plastic.:lecture

Is it just the EX's that people are flippin? is it more to do with how much they can get for it as opposed to them not liking it? :dunno Yes, i can understand people being ticked off by SSC and their decision to charge quite a hefty price for a plastic R2 but in my opinion i can look over this...to look at, these droids are just perfect and like i've said before the light up features on R2 just has me in fits of amazement. Just that missing feature of a soundboard would have completed this piece...

This piece will most definately be one of those in my collection which i'll be keeping for a very long time...:)

My R2 will be aluminum, and 1:1... ;)

gibby got exclusives! :yess:

And yes, you can display one without the other. :lecture

so did UT!!!

I have a decision to make, unlike him, though. I've sold all of my SSC PFs & 1/6th. This is THE one I've wanted most, though, so holding out hope that when it arrives, it will be my one and only.

so did UT!!!

I have a decision to make, unlike him, though. I've sold all of my SSC PFs & 1/6th. This is THE one I've wanted most, though, so holding out hope that when it arrives, it will be my one and only.

Why you gotta bring me into dis! :gah::gah:

:lol:lol

Is it just the EX's that people are flippin? is it more to do with how much they can get for it as opposed to them not liking it? :dunno Yes, i can understand people being ticked off by SSC and their decision to charge quite a hefty price for a plastic R2 but in my opinion i can look over this...to look at, these droids are just perfect and like i've said before the light up features on R2 just has me in fits of amazement. Just that missing feature of a soundboard would have completed this piece...

This piece will most definately be one of those in my collection which i'll be keeping for a very long time...:)

You never know why people sell. Could be a flip, economical or other reasons.

These are darn good versions (both the EX and regular). A little pricey, but what collectible isn't these days.

Why you gotta bring me into dis! :gah::gah:

I just wanted him to know he could visit you to play with your R2. :monkey3:lol

These are likely getting flipped due to the very low ES.

as much as I love these figures, I have to say that Sideshow dropped the ball on the bases of the exclusives.

Like someone said before, you have to place R2 a lot towards C-3PO if you want to have them in a classic pose. But then it looks off since he's partially over the edge of his own base.

ss_c3po_r2d2_1.jpg

as much as I love these figures, I have to say that Sideshow dropped the ball on the bases of the exclusives.

Like someone said before, you have to place R2 a lot towards C-3PO if you want to have them in a classic pose. But then it looks off since he's partially over the edge of his own base.

ss_c3po_r2d2_1.jpg

Exactly why the reg is the way to go! :pfft:

j/k :peace

This came out fantastic. Both Reg or EX. You can't go wrong with them. C-3P0 AND R2-D2 Look amazing! Congrats to you guys who have received there's. Long wait but well worth it. :clap:clap:clap

I'm excited to see my ex in hand and make my final decision about keeping them but no matter what I think I need to get the reg too. All the pictures you guys have been posting are just too amazing looking. I really want the shiny 3PO but I don't think I can go without a dirty R2. :gah:

Back