Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not what I heard. :nana:

:horror

woman-shaking-finger.jpg

LOL I did not know that about boromir. I remember thinking who would not want the EX of him back when it was the raised arm and felt bad for those who may have missed him.

I don't know if that is what is going on with these two I just can't believe you get the restraing bolts and the better base with the reg version.

I'm betting you get both bases. It's happened before.

Irish, though I understand what you're saying, I really don't think having a PF for pickup at the Con is too smart. What would people do with that big box?

What my fun Irish friend is getting at Ween is in the past ALL of the SDCC reveals were available for Con Attendees for order first and foremost. They often knew about things to be revealed way before they were officially put on the side and there was even one year when something was orderable a couple of weeks before we got to order it. It was a really neat perk of going to the show that SSC has seemed to remove with putting them up for order whole group especially given that an EX is out and gone when in the past the attendees were almost assured an EX no problem.

In the regular pictures I see 3POs arms in many differnt positions. Both arms.

Exactly, but people are forgetting that Threepio is some what poseable similar to the way the Stormtroopers were (both Ex and Regular). His arms move, head and I want to say Torso a bit but can't be sure.

for those who missed ex and cant find the page, here are the photos for the clean version.

1) What is the lightsaber looking thing in r2's hidden compartment? i dont see that pictured in the regular version.

2) Why is there a dent on c3po's armor? shouldnt the clean version have perfect armor?

71761_press03-001.jpg

71761_press05-001.jpg

71761_press06-001.jpg

71761_press04-001.jpg

71761_press02-001.jpg

What my fun Irish friend is getting at Ween is in the past ALL of the SDCC reveals were available for Con Attendees for order first and foremost. They often knew about things to be revealed way before they were officially put on the side and there was even one year when something was orderable a couple of weeks before we got to order it. It was a really neat perk of going to the show that SSC has seemed to remove with putting them up for order whole group especially given that an EX is out and gone when in the past the attendees were almost assured an EX no problem.

I remember when they were taking orders from the floor for the EX Hulk PF. They ended up taking a ton of orders from attendees, and the edition size had to be increased accordingly. That's if I recall correctly. I'm sure that's a hassle they want to avoid. It's a lot easier to stop taking online orders than to somehow count up all the sheets of paper in the middle of the show, determine when something is sold out, and then try and communicate that to every single employee taking orders without any accidental orders over the limit. You're pretty much guaranteed to inflate the edition size when you sell that way. I understand why they want to limit the ordering to the website--especially with the exclusives.

I don't understand the comparison to Boromir. What about the exclusive droids are people thinking that Sideshow is going to change after the fact?

Some feel the regulars have more options shown in the pictures that they would want over the regular. Restraining bolts, sandy base ect

I like dioramas and the regular version is like a diorama with the two droids in the desert. The exclusive versions are more like two individual pieces on their own.

If I had to pick one then for me regular is better but I prefer the shiny C3P0, so I am still confused.

I have ordered the regular and have waitlisted myself for the exclusive.

I wish Sideshow would not have given us this choice of two very different looking PFs.

Not to mention even with what little time it took to place orders not having to do that allows for more time to do other things there.

1 - Isnt that the arm he connects to the computers with?

for those who missed ex and cant find the page, here are the photos for the clean version.

1) What is the lightsaber looking thing in r2's hidden compartment? i dont see that pictured in the regular version.

2) Why is there a dent on c3po's armor? shouldnt the clean version have perfect armor?

71761_press03-001.jpg

71761_press05-001.jpg

71761_press06-001.jpg

71761_press04-001.jpg

71761_press02-001.jpg

1) What is the lightsaber looking thing in r2's hidden compartment? i don't see that pictured in the regular version.

I forget the official name of it and am too lazy to look but it's the component he uses to unlock doors and communicate with computers.

okie in the high res photo, it's not really a dent but 2 bolts on c3po looks like. question 1) still remains, does the reg version have the openable arm thingy

Back