Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gocha. Well, no foul thoughts from over here! :wave
I wanted this but can't beat myself up and have a bad day. If I can get a cheap Reg later I'll do so because I really want to display them.

And I see what you're saying about following this product, too. I absolutely didn't get any email like I do for everything else, and I never saw the teaser image on the site although I constantly check. Just the red teaser when it should have been the droids. Can't speak for everyone else but I definitely didn't get the same warning signs as some others.

I appreciate that peedi. :1-1:

The regular is awesome in it's own right, and probably displays A New Hope theme better than the EX, imo.

I wanted both, though, and didn't think SSC would sell both right now :)(). I really thought it would be one or the other, so I had to buy the EX now and pray that I can get a Reg for a discount at some other time in the future.

It's just disappointment dude, partly because it happened so fast. People will get over it.

And as far as splitting them up, I just realized in my favorite SW movie they were apart for most of the film. R2 was with Luke for most of it. Random thought.

Exactly. They don't have to be sold together. :exactly:

With C3PO being articulated, wonder if he will suffer the SSC's Robocop PF, arm sag and looseness?

Anyone think some third party vendors will buy up the regulars and sale them separately? Obviously, there won't be a SSC's box for them though...

Anyone think some third party vendors will buy up the regulars and sale them separately? Obviously, there won't be a SSC's box for them though...

I would be curious to see how that works with the base and all, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some vendors attempt it.

I could see people snatching up all the R2s, though, and leaving 3PO behind.

I don't see that happening since R2 is more popular--plus there would be the electronics issue, only one base for the Regular so I would imagine that if you sold them off you'd need a base for each.

I think for the iconic characters they are, the detail on these, the look of them, and the light up feature more than justifies the 700 bucks.

$800 for two figures IS steep, however you cut it. I haven't ordered yet, but I'll think long and hard about it. I would love it if they gave us more information on them, like exactly how many point of articulation they have.

Ten bucks says these exclusives were snapped up by flippers who will part them out for $600 a piece. :monkey1

no flipper in their right mind would buy a $750 retail price statue to flip.. if they are stupid enough to do that, the only thing they will be flipping is burgers at mcdonalds in the near future. For every $800+ statue that went on to higher prices there are 5 that drops and lost significant money. It's a lot easier for high $ statues to lose tons of money than the $350 PFs.

This statue was bought up mostly by hardcore fans who have been waiting forever, and the casual ones who were on the fence and got panicked into it with the quantity warning (yours truly).

Anyway i do not regret 1 bit ordering this, usually when i buy something on impulse i regret it a day later after cooling off, but in this case i am glad i pulled the trigger and the clean paint version is exactly what I wanted. It will be epic and i always wanted a good set of those 2 icons.

Lets just hope ss doesnt screw it up as it's a complex design, i almost wished they didnt do articulation to reduce the potential for issues.

JAWS, i am just messing with you man :lol it's all just preferences. The only risk with weathered version is a higher chance of not done correctly by sideshow, if it looks like the photos both are winners for sure.

for those that are happy with the EX, are you guys cool with the bases being separate? i have to admit, i prefer the regular as of now though i haven't ordered it yet. I love the tatooine base and how it unifies the two droids. I just can't understand why they would make 2 bases for the EX? it just seems to segment the characters as being separate. i suppose some people make like that if they don't care to display them together but im guessing MOST people want to display these two together.

You need a punch in the head you ignorant fool! Read everyone's posts before putting an ill-informed statement out like this.

Sideshow mismanaged this one BIG TIME and REALLY pissed a lot of people off today!

Pull this kind of stupidity with a character like Aurra Sing, but with the droids????? Come on Sideshow, where's your brains????

I don't wanna talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

for those that are happy with the EX, are you guys cool with the bases being separate? i have to admit, i prefer the regular as of now though i haven't ordered it yet. I love the tatooine base and how it unifies the two droids. I just can't understand why they would make 2 bases for the EX? it just seems to segment the characters as being separate. i suppose some people make like that if they don't care to display them together but im guessing MOST people want to display these two together.

yeah i am ok with it, i mean it's not the coolest ever to have 2 separate bases but it has its advantages of display flexibility and actually like the fact it's just black makes the statue more museum display vs a themed base.

But really clean paint is the reason for the ex.

yeah i am ok with it, i mean it's not the coolest ever to have 2 separate bases but it has its advantages of display flexibility and actually like the fact it's just black makes the statue more museum display vs a themed base.

But really clean paint is the reason for the ex.

I like the display flexibility as well.
I plan to display these on each side of a pic, so it works.

I could see using them as display pieces in the library, too, as quasi-"bookends" if I ever jump on the regular.

JAWS, i am just messing with you man :lol it's all just preferences. The only risk with weathered version is a higher chance of not done correctly by sideshow, if it looks like the photos both are winners for sure.

I am Ok friend. There was some truth in what you said. But with a cooler head and not a frantic one I was able to pick which one I like better.

I would have gone nuts trying to pick between the two and watching the # drop. I know for a fact I would have got the EX but not for all the right reasons. Watching that number drop would have scared me into the wrong choice (I think:) )

If the reg editions come out with great paint apps I will be very happy with the reg over the EX. If the paint sucks I will be a very unhappy collector. It's the only reason I have not dropped the waitlist yet.

Please SS let you QC get this one 100% right.

I appreciate you taking off that flipper comment. :duff

Sideshow has been running this same game for the past 3 years, if I recall correctly, of releasing items for PO every day during their SDCC campaign. It was also know that this was being released during the 2012 SDCC (or in SSC terms, during their "SDCC campaign"). The sneak image was posted on the SSC SDCC site, then brought into this thread and confirmed 24hrs before this went on sale. Knowing that, I made the appropriate steps with my time, family and job to make sure I was in a position to buy this.

If you want to call that luck, so be it.

That comment was directed at vorpoll only, who initially called me a flipper but deleted the comment after the fact.

I've been tracking this piece for 2+ years and was buying this despite the price. Here's vorpoll's first comment in this thread -

I think it's safe to say I wanted this more than vorpoll. :dunno

Just to set the record straight at the rate posts were coming in, one of them I read I thought was made by you and wasn't hense the flipper comment. I actually edited it like 3 minutes later and 5 minutes before your next post. I still believe its true based on that persons post but I will leave it at that. :lecture

Yes it was luck. I don't care enough to go into anymore detail because it won't change anything. :horse

Even though I never saw the leaked image I had a family matter that would have prevented me from being at the computer at the time it went live for PO anyway. I made it back around 15 minutes before the EX sold out but oh well life goes on. :dunno

Your right that you wanted it more than me because I was only going to order it if I liked what I saw after reveal and could justify the price for what I saw. There is nothing SS offers that I can say I will buy without caring what the price is. Although I am passionate at times about this hobby I am not a fanatic. :cuckoo:

I like both the seperate bases and the single for different reasons. The seperate bases to me have more of a museum or just off the showroom floor look. Where the single base obviously is they just came out of the movie feel. Many people are going to like the flexabilty the single bases give then to display with other PF's.

Just to set the record straight at the rate posts were coming in, one of them I read I thought was made by you and wasn't hense the flipper comment. I actually edited it like 3 minutes later and 5 minutes before your next post. I still believe its true based on that persons post but I will leave it at that. :lecture

I sincerely appreciate the explanation.

Yes it was luck.

Luck was getting a Vader Legend that sold out in 4 minutes.

1 hour is child's play compared to that.

It will be fairly easy to tell if they boost the Ex, and if they do this will probably be the end of the road for me. The point someone brought up about the Gollum PF still has a bad taste in my mouth. I can already see an exclusive "hoth edition" just for SDCC folks.

The only thing sideshow should increase is the amount of bases in the exclusive. I "do" want a combined base included as well. I do like the idea of separate bases, but I think if you have the room, the combined is the way to go. I would be happy with the same base the separate ones have(no sand). Get on it sideshow!! :monkey1

My two cents on the which is better argument :lecture

Regular screams what we watched in the movies which is awesome in its own right :duff

Exclusive is IMO a classier display. :thud:

Either way its a win win :wave

If you compare these to the terminator endo bust, I recall people coming up with ways to polish the battle damage off of them. But, I do not recall people trying to "weather" chrome. :wink1:

The price point sucks, but pretty much what I was expecting personally. These were in development for what seems forever so I figured they would be pretty detailed.

Back