Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats zodach! My WL is surprisingly still active even after I got the cancelation email from SSC last year.

So is mine. It's just a wait and see thing I'm sure. I've had waitlists open for years, then all of the sudden SS came through and cancelled them all. Cleaning out the system or something. I only have two active now, including this one.

I think they sent those emails saying that ours wouldn't covert so we'd turn around and order the Reg.

yey, a new mail from Sideshow

We know you have been anxiously waiting for the C-3PO and R2-D2 Premium Format™ Figure to ship, and like Luke waiting to join the academy, your patience will pay off soon.

We wanted to take a moment to highlight some of the features that we have found to be most impressive on these incredible pieces.

Everyone’s favorite protocol droid, C-3PO has been created with a mixture of high quality ABS plastic and Polystone to accurately showcase his light up eyes, working pistons, and articulated arms.

Threepio’s counterpart, R2-D2 is also packed with surprises! To support his many features, including a light up swiveling dome, working wheels, pivoting legs and several extending arms and compartments Artoo is crafted from high quality ABS plastic.

If you have any questions on your order, or about the C-3PO and R2-D2 Premium Format™ Figure, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department.

Thank you and have a great day.

Guess SS got worried about people complaining that these are partially or completely made of plastic, so again, in their sneaky way, they are wrapping it all in a pink ribbon.

Guess SS got worried about people complaining that these are partially or completely made of plastic, so again, in their sneaky way, they are wrapping it all in a pink ribbon.

yep agree.. after reading this I still ask myself where people investing $750+ in ? Just the look ? But overall receiving a light plastic toy...

Frankly, I would have been just as happy if they had made them solid with no working parts or lights. Never know. May change my mind once I get them in hand.

Boba Fett PF is made in ABS also. But he looks amazing! The material is not important for me! I just want a beautiful representation of these characters and a very good attention on the details.

I can't wait to recevied my Exclusive version.

Boba Fett PF is made in ABS also. But he looks amazing! The material is not important for me! I just want a beautiful representation of these characters and a very good attention on the details.

I can't wait to recevied my Exclusive version.

You sir hit the nail on the head.

Well said masterside.

I'm curious to see the EX in person.
We haven't seen any pics recently and that has me just a wee bit worried. Even the email used the dirty droids as an example. :lol

I too have Boba Fett and am happy with him, but am still disappointed that R2D2 is not going to be a solid chunk of PolyStone like I was expecting. Oh well :slap. I'm going to reserve final judgement until I have them in hand. EX is on the way and I doubt I will be first (In AZ and not CA), but I'll post pictures when I receive them.

EDIT: I also liked the spin on the plastic damage control email from sideshow. First email I've received like that.

I too have Boba Fett and am happy with him, but am still disappointed that R2D2 is not going to be a solid chunk of PolyStone like I was expecting. Oh well :slap. I'm going to reserve final judgement until I have them in hand. EX is on the way and I doubt I will be first (In AZ and not CA), but I'll post pictures when I receive them.

EDIT: I also liked the spin on the plastic damage control email from sideshow. First email I've received like that.

I wasn't what I was expecting either. Thankfully I won't be using R2 as a paperweight.:lol. Anyway, I got over it pretty quickly as I just want these droids to look their best. That's all I ask.

It's not the fact that they look bad or anything, I just can't get my head around the fact that they are charging 750 dollars plus shipping for a pair of plastic figures :google

Pretty damn shady that they mentioned nothing of it until they started shipping out.

It's not the fact that they look bad or anything, I just can't get my head around the fact that they are charging 750 dollars plus shipping for a pair of plastic figures :google

Pretty damn shady that they mentioned nothing of it until they started shipping out.

Thats :exactly: what I am thinking

Back