Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they look great. I also think Threepio is going to be hard to photograph right simply because of him being mostly reflective.

All in all, this makes me very excited to know they're finally on the way!!

I hope the flash on the camera washed out the details and the actual piece really has more weathering than we can see.

They look a hell of a lot more weathered in the sideshow product pics.

Looks just like 2 toys slapped on a base in these new pics. Hopefully just the lighting.

I have to agree with you there. I let down for me if this is what they look like especially C3P0.
I would probably weather them a bit more myself if they come like this.

I'm thinking they've reacted to the public outcry when they first launched and have soften the weathering to make the difference between the EX and the regular less obvious.

I like both versions for different reasons (and have both on order) but if the regular ends up looking like this I'll definitely be cancelling one version - probably the EX.

BTW: Don't bother saying to keep the EX for value sake, because I buy what I like and have zero interest in the value. Also, if there is this little difference between the two - I'm betting the EX's "value" will not be much more than the regular - and those $2999 prices we've seen on ebay will plummet.

I'm thinking they've reacted to the public outcry when they first launched and have soften the weathering to make the difference between the EX and the regular less obvious.

I like both versions for different reasons (and have both on order) but if the regular ends up looking like this I'll definitely be cancelling one version - probably the EX.

BTW: Don't bother saying to keep the EX for value sake, because I buy what I like and have zero interest in the value. Also, if there is this little difference between the two - I'm betting the EX's "value" will not be much more than the regular - and those $2999 prices we've seen on ebay will plummet.

Ooooo...... Don't know about the value comment. With such a low ES and demand for the beloved Droids. Don't see these dropping in value much (EX). I had the opportunity to order the EX as well but chose the reg because I just connect better with the dirty versions plain and simple. Most of the time I do go with the EX but these I just couldn't. I knew right away which version I had to have.

I think R2 looks perfect in this photo :)

r2_zps748e5f92.jpg

I think the flash washes out much of the detail here. R2 does not look nearly as good. Looks like in both photos that 3PO is not nearly as weathered.. Which is good IMO.. But I want my R2 looking weathered. Makes him look more realistic.

R2 looks great from these photos, but 3P0 not so much. Hope it is just the photo that is making this look that way.

Yeah R2 looks weird on a sandy desert base with his feet sparkling clean. If I get these guys I would definitely add some more dirt and grime.

With respect to everyone - Can we not do the value vs ES thing again?! I think we covered that. :slap

Yep. Agreed 100% - which is why I added that comment (didn't want to start going around in a circle again).

Agreed that the weathering seems a little lighter than in Sideshows website pics - but then again, alot of you guys probably prefer it that way. Just leaves me wondering how cool the Exclusive is going to look? Please have one at Comic Con :pray:

Back