Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. It's the same as having clean Sandtroopers. The dirt gives them a story. And the story of the two dirty droids on Tatooine is kind of famous around here I believe :D

How does the clean look not tell a story? Yeah the droids get dirty along the way, but all of that is washed off for the celebration on Yavin.

:lecture:lecture

Can't wait for my clean droids to show up, as well as my clean 3PO bust ( but I'm not holding my breath for that one any time soon lol).

I think what he means is that a weathered look adds character to the piece.

It's like owning a vintage watch. I found my uncles old watch in a drawer. I had it cleaned, tweaked and fixed. But I asked the watchmaker to leave the glass on it. Despite the fact that it had a lot of scratches. They tell a story...

Oh, here I am... telling my anecdotes like an old man... ;)

I think what he means is that a weathered look adds character to the piece.

It's like owning a vintage watch. I found my uncles old watch in a drawer. I had it cleaned, tweaked and fixed. But I asked the watchmaker to leave the glass on it. Despite the fact that it had a lot of scratches. They tell a story...

Oh, here I am... telling my anecdotes like an old man... ;)

:goodpost:^^^^^:goodpost:

Very true. To each his own. I've loved the whole saga ever since I was little. The main thing that pulled me in and had me so intrigued were the droids. I really want them in their shining glory, almost as a trophy for my collection.

:goodpost:^^^^^:goodpost:

Very true. To each his own. I've loved the whole saga ever since I was little. The main thing that pulled me in and had me so intrigued were the droids. I really want them in their shining glory, almost as a trophy for my collection.

I wasn't knocking the Cleans either. They are a masterpiece in thier own right. I just wish I could afford both. lol

I've gone back and forth on which I like better for quite some time now. While the clean droids are cool because you can place them wherever you want due to the separate bases, I have decided I MUCH prefer the look of the weathered droids on the desert base.

I doubt I'll order them, but I feel this look is best suited to represent them in the SW original trilogy. Just my opinion.

I'm not knocking the clean version either.
I think one would be lucky to have either in their collection.

Just saying, weathered version works for me.

I think I may like the weather version a bit more, but then I like shiney things so I would still have to choose the chrome versions because I want to see them shine in the light. It would be my only sparking statue ;)

I can see why some prefer the clean, but the original movie is my primary love collectables wise with a focus on the Tatooine section. I love the Sandtroopers, Dewbacks, Jawa's, Tuskins and all the awesome cantina aliens. It's so easy to build a huge collection just around those. Dirty droids fits that bill precisely.

Still regretting not getting the Tusken PF when I had the chance.

I can see why some prefer the clean, but the original movie is my primary love collectables wise with a focus on the Tatooine section. I love the Sandtroopers, Dewbacks, Jawa's, Tuskins and all the awesome cantina aliens. It's so easy to build a huge collection just around those. Dirty droids fits that bill precisely.

Still regretting not getting the Tusken PF when I had the chance.

Hey dude.

Check these...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-E...219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7554ee73

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-T...357?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35aeac1aed

How does the clean look not tell a story? Yeah the droids get dirty along the way, but all of that is washed off for the celebration on Yavin.

:lecture:lecture

Can't wait for my clean droids to show up, as well as my clean 3PO bust ( but I'm not holding my breath for that one any time soon lol).

Didn't want to kick you in the balls buddy! Just as DarthChrisDK said, it gives them a story :D
The droids began their adventure relatively clean,every spot of dirt has some kind of story around it. That's why I prefer the normal release :wink1:

I watched the count going down for the ex version and couldn't care less because I love the dirty look.. I can relate with them much more somehow.

As from flipper perspective.. I should have got them... but never thought of doing that :D :D :D problem is its nice to leave that to someone who really want it for themselves to keep.. but Im sure flippers were jumping on that as well..

aaaaanyway... if I could afford them.. I would go with the reg version anyway

It's easy to be happy with the dirty droids when you have no chance at getting the exclusive :lol

The dirty ones have a much more realistic and world weathered look imo. Immaculate clean droids look like something hasbro or kotobukiya would put out.

I had the exclusive version but decided to cancel...the droids on one single base is how they should be. Also, being that I am strictly OT, the dirty version just felt right. Everyone has their preferences.

Back