Bus Driver Uppercuts Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol except one is an acronym and one is a diminutive. And using a standard military typeface hardly constitutes graphic plagiarism. Nice try.

You think it was an accident that it is called the National Airsoft magazine, instead of the American Airsoft Magazine?The American Airsoft Magazine would make more sense, but then it couldn't be called Nam, like the military conflict or the comic. "National"? Of what nation? It is extremely vague and could be used in ANY country on Earth.

The fact remains, the same three letters with the same type. Where is the military connection to justify the military type with regard to airsoft guns? Does the U.S. military train with airsoft guns??? The only military connection to "the NAM" is the comic and the military conflict. Somehow I don't think they used airsoft guns in that theater of combat. :lol

True, but it seems like everyone has been basically saying the same stuff over and over for two days. I'm not sure there is much more left in the thread.

Then kindly leave if you don't want to continue to the discussion. Out of the blue you start personally attacking people. That's dumb. :lecture

Speaking of deserved, I seem to recall a Marvel comic from 1986 called The NAM. That is the same title of your magazine. I wonder how you came up with that name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_'Nam

Credit where credit is due. Using a title for your periodical that was already taken.
The lettering of the title is virtually identical, too. It's basically plagiarism.

You think it was an accident that it is called the National Airsoft magazine, instead of the American Airsoft Magazine?The American Airsoft Magazine would make more sense, but then it couldn't be called Nam, like the military conflict or the comic. "National"? Of what nation? It is extremely vague and could be used in ANY country on Earth.

The fact remains, the same three letters with the same type. Where is the military connection to justify the military type with regard to airsoft guns? Does the U.S. military train with airsoft guns??? The only military connection to "the NAM" is the comic and the military conflict. Somehow I don't think they used airsoft guns in that theater of combat. :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/waf46eBajkw[/ame]

Way to bring up a **** Roland Emmerich film up Keith! This thread somehow just got worse. :(

btw Argo was excellent.

Then kindly leave if you don't want to continue to the discussion. Out of the blue you start personally attacking people. That's dumb. :lecture

Nam was talking about what was deserved. I wasn't attacking him, I was questioning the name of his magazine. Not the same thing. HE attacks other people, as he just did to me. I attack issues and arguments. Lets get that much straight. He was talking about how the woman DESERVED to be attacked. Honestly, the nam thing has just been bugging me for the longest time as there was a comic before, and it just sprang to mind that he didn't deserve to use that name. That is all.

Nam was talking about what was deserved. I wasn't attacking him, I was questioning the name of his magazine. Not the same thing. HE attacks other people, as he just did to me. I attack issues and arguments. Lets get that much straight. He was talking about how the woman DESERVED to be attacked. Honestly, the nam thing has just been bugging me for the longest time as there was a comic before, and it just sprang to mind that he didn't deserve to use that name. That is all.

Your ignorance has dropped to a new level. You don't even understand the definition of plagiarisation. I understand it's a big word for you, and that many syllables likely terrifies you to death, but you should really look it up and know what it means before accusing someone of it.

I don't owe you this, but since you're a complete tool, I'll explain it despite the unwarratned personal attack. I didn't steal anybody's "literary work." If anything, it would be "Trademark infringement" (look that up). When I first came up with the name and design, I wasn't aware of Marvel's The NAM Magazine (I had read the comic The NAM, but didn't realize they republished it in a larger format and added "magazine" to the title). Now, if you look at our very first issue, you'll see that the font was skinnier and there were no bullet holes in the type. One day while doing research on our web presence I happened upon Marvel's The NAM Magazine and called the Trademark office and spoke with them at length. Since the magazine didn't deal with the same context as the comic, it was perfectly legal (this is why two movies can have the same name) and even the simple stencil font was okay since it's a generic military font in general usage all around the world. However, I wanted to alter it to make it different than Marvel's comic so I widened the font and added the bullet holes. As for the name choice, it's called marketing. And I think the name's appropriate given the magazine is essentially about a sport contrived around war games.

Now, consider yourself learned. If you troll my business again, I won't hesitate to report your ass for unwarranted personal attacks. At this point it's safe to say we all know you're dumb, but I know you're not so dumb as to not understand this.

Last edited:
Speaking of deserved, I seem to recall a Marvel comic from 1986 called The NAM. That is the same title of your magazine. I wonder how you came up with that name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_'Nam

Credit where credit is due. Using a title for your periodical that was already taken.
The lettering of the title is virtually identical, too. It's basically plagiarism.

I need to make a stop in the "Things I Love" thread for this kind of ridiculous, over-the-top buffoonery.

I laughed so hard I nearly had tears coming out of my eyes.

What purpose is there in allowing your angst with 'Nam to permit you to make yourself look so bad?

When you want to argue a point, it is a good practice to test your argument for validity before your present it to the world for scrutiny.

If you practice that in the future, you may get to the point where you end up making yourself look less foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back