Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably get Snyder man's sculpt of hicks
I want to kit bash ripley from alien and his head is pretty spot on
Would have been good to get a tied back hair version
And I want one of his flame units for her

I will probably get Snyder man's sculpt of hicks
I want to kit bash ripley from alien and his head is pretty spot on
Would have been good to get a tied back hair version
And I want one of his flame units for her

I think today is the last day of thier buy two get one free sale. Not sure how the flamethrower would work in that deal but you could ask. I own all three of those pieces and they are really nice.

Thanks fellas!!!

Finally take the plunge and decided to get the colonial marines.

I love Aliens and alwasy really liked those figures. HT first figures.

The details on the armour are amazing but the guys who have them knows that there is a lot of inaccuracies and they look way too clean.
And i'm not even talking about the heads or bodies they came with.

I studied the movie carefully and followed this thread carefully.

I tried to be as accurate as possible.

This is still work in progress and I still have details to add and of course the heads!

Here's my team of unfinished BADASSES so far.

Hicks is a modified Apone armour.

P1050886.jpg

P1050877.jpg

P1050880.jpg

P1050882.jpg

Hudson

P1050894.jpg

P1050890.jpg

P1050889.jpg

and Drake.

P1050897.jpg

P1050899.jpg

So again still lots of work to do but so far so good.

Damn Elvis. I feel so conflicted when I see your stuff. It is so excellent! But it makes me question if my own figures will ever be good enough! :lol Just awesome as usual.

If some of you could provide a painted head for my hudson? The more I watch this here the more I am embarrased:

I mean wtf?

Thanks fellas!!!

Finally take the plunge and decided to get the colonial marines.

I love Aliens and alwasy really liked those figures. HT first figures.

The details on the armour are amazing but the guys who have them knows that there is a lot of inaccuracies and they look way too clean.
And i'm not even talking about the heads or bodies they came with.

I studied the movie carefully and followed this thread carefully.

I tried to be as accurate as possible.

This is still work in progress and I still have details to add and of course the heads!

Here's my team of unfinished BADASSES so far.

Hicks is a modified Apone armour.

Very nice work they all look amazing! What body did you use for Hicks? I may have to pick that one up myself.

Damn Elvis. I feel so conflicted when I see your stuff. It is so excellent! But it makes me question if my own figures will ever be good enough! :lol Just awesome as usual.

:lol:lol:hi5:

Very nice work they all look amazing! What body did you use for Hicks? I may have to pick that one up myself.

Thanks man, I used a Hot Toys TTM19.

No*dice, there will be at least 2 Hudsons forthcoming soon [as well as the entire rest of the squad] from Bill Kern soon.
He just completed the Predator team and is finishing up the Alien eggs [yes, eggs as he'll have more than one style and egg base] and the sculpts should be coming soon. I think he's going to offer the USCM as they are done rather rthan wait for the whole team as was done owth the Preds.
He's also making complete armor sets too.

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale TrueType Figure - Advanced Muscular Body, Regular Body and Slim Body from the TrueType Basic Series, which are suitable for 1/6th scale fabric costume and accessories.

406633_10151154740342344_407985959_n.jpg

18270_10151154740327344_1957940584_n.jpg

487116_10151154740317344_30549278_n.jpg

Some possible new bodies for our Marines.

Well the T-800 won't work for the marines, the slim is just too slim so won't work either.

The advanced (called basi regular now) is the best, this is the one I used for my Hudson a page back :)

The ttm19 is still pretty nice though.

Last edited:
Hey guys, pretty new to this, but I think I have something to contribute to this original topic. I have been working on my own full squad and plan to eventually 'bash' up everyone! I posted this originally to the AL forum as a hybrid "fyi/costuming-reference/my-own-1/6th plans" chart.

Hopefully someone might find it useful here as well.

*******UPDATED CHART ON PAGE 182, Post 814 *********** Disregard below

MarineGear.jpg

*******UPDATED CHART ON PAGE 182, Post 814 *********** Disregard above

(If you disagree with any of this info, feel free to make suggestions, but I've put quite a bit of time into this and feel VERY strongly its accurate. So come ready to fight!!!:lecture

...I kid, suggest away, but try to have pictures if your saying i'm wrong!:wink1:)

Last edited:
Hey guys, pretty new to this, but I think I have something to contribute to this original topic. I have been working on my own full squad and plan to eventually 'bash' up everyone! I posted this originally to the AL forum as a hybrid "fyi/costuming-reference/my-own-1/6th plans" chart.

Hopefully someone might find it useful here as well.

MarineGear.jpg

(If you disagree with any of this info, feel free to make suggestions, but I've put quite a bit of time into this and feel VERY strongly its accurate. So come ready to fight!!!:lecture

...I kid, suggest away, but try to have pictures if your saying i'm wrong!:wink1:)

not accurate.

Drake has a flame thrower in the nest scene before he dies that is there, then disappears, then reappears lol

hey nice work elvis

one thing though
the danger and lightning bolts under the love kanji arent on his actual armor.
the armor that people have been referencing is fan made, not the actual armor from the movie.
If you freeze frame the part where hicks leans in and jams his pulse rifle into the gears of the machinery. you can clearly see his back.
Its just the kanji and lifer written in white between the 2 hook things at the bottom of his armor
:)
he also has his social security number tattooed on his upper left arm
cant remember what it is but its on the mcfarelane figure

not accurate.

Drake has a flame thrower in the nest scene before he dies that is there, then disappears, then reappears lol

If the 'continuity error' explanation IS cited...then how is that "not accurate"?

But I'll go back and check it out yet again. If I find any pre-combat 'Drake with a flame unit' in the nest scene, I'll post the screen grab and remove the asterisks. If anyone has such a picture now, then as I said, pictures arguments are better than "i remember" arguments.

If the 'continuity error' explanation IS cited...then how is that "not accurate"?

But I'll go back and check it out yet again. If I find any pre-combat 'Drake with a flame unit' in the nest scene, I'll post the screen grab and remove the asterisks. If anyone has such a picture now, then as I said, pictures arguments are better than "i remember" arguments.

oops my bad

didnt read the fine print, just finished a long shift at work when I read it

moving on.....sir :slap

Back