Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Hudson looks really good Space Jockey. Thanks for sharing your pix, great job. It is always good to see how people have customized their figs and it is always nice to know that other people still customize their figs years after they have been released. I think it is the little tweeks and details that keep getting done that make the figure really feel like your own. I think seeing what other people have done is always a great motivation.

The armor tuturial is still on page 78 for anyone who is trying to customize their marines.

I did a repaint of the stock Ripley headsculpt a while back for a member here as I sold him my powerloader, and on that I made her look a little meaner as she's fighting the Queen Alien at the end. Worked out quite well.

I'm getting a whole new head.

I really hate that MMS 22 head!!!

Even my mom said it looked like crap:rotfl

my little USCM custom
drake05qe0.jpg

hudson02vp5.jpg

The armor tuturial is still on page 78 for anyone who is trying to customize their marines.

I did a repaint of the stock Ripley headsculpt a while back for a member here as I sold him my powerloader, and on that I made her look a little meaner as she's fighting the Queen Alien at the end. Worked out quite well.

Yo Space Jockey!, very cool paintjob yeah, still got that ripley head with your paintjob.
Replaced it with the awesome Ripley sculpt from Daren Carnall, not to long ago,( with a FML paintjob, Thanks Les).
And am gonna use the new ALIENS Ripley head from snyder-man for my loose Ripley.
So,.. anybody feel free to shoot me a PM if you want the hot toys repainted Ripley head from the pics.

Last edited:
I got my custom sculpt in by snyder-man.

Here's how Ripley is shaping up.

Ripleyfullbody.jpg

Heres a close up of the sculpt.

Ripleyheadshot.jpg

I stil have to weather the shirt and pants and adjust the straps o the harness but she's almost done.

If anybody has tips on weathering I'd love to here them :)

I got my custom sculpt in by snyder-man.

Here's how Ripley is shaping up.

Ripleyfullbody.jpg

Heres a close up of the sculpt.

Ripleyheadshot.jpg

I stil have to weather the shirt and pants and adjust the straps o the harness but she's almost done.

If anybody has tips on weathering I'd love to here them :)

Watered down waterbased acrylics. There is no one way of doing it. It's alot of trial and error. Practice on some scraps of material. Do not start attacking your actual figure until you know what look you want. I will be doing my ripley very soon as well.
Good luck

Ripleycustom.jpg

Been working on the harness.

I also fixed the head. Now she has a neck:rotfl

I also weathered her shirt and her pants but the photo doesn't really show it.:monkey2

I used watered down arcylic paint drybrused on. It looks ok in person but the photos don't really show it.:slap

First thing I will be doing with mine is fading out the pants and jacket. Way too bright. Did you paint the sculpt yourself. Not a bad sculpt, I got one as well. Very little difference between the original sculpt though I noticed.

First thing I will be doing with mine is fading out the pants and jacket. Way too bright. Did you paint the sculpt yourself. Not a bad sculpt, I got one as well. Very little difference between the original sculpt though I noticed.

I didn't sculpt it or paint it. I got it painted from a board member.

I'm so not talented at stuff like that.

I find it simlar the to the MMS-22 sculpt too but I find it much more detailed and a better likness. The MMS-22 sculpt really wasn't that detailed looked too generic.

hey guys I'm going to be receiving a snyder Biehn sculpt, when I do I'll post comparison pics between his hicks and Xenoviper's to make it easier for customizers to figure out which look they like more

edit: I also found a good hudson headsculpt for if you want him smirking and helmeted

Last edited:
hey guys I'm going to be receiving a snyder Biehn sculpt, when I do I'll post comparison pics between his hicks and Xenoviper's to make it easier for customizers to figure out which look they like more

edit: I also found a good hudson headsculpt for if you want him smirking and helmeted

Cool I've been waiting to see that sculpt on a figure. Good sculpt but I still think the stoner looks more like biehn

Back