Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 12 days then I will be in sunnier climates, no problem, If I am away, I will have a nice surprise to come back to.

Some picture that contain the working shoulder lamp and motion tracker, may be a little blurry
2cdbsep.jpg

No, dont go in to the light!!!lol
2rg2lj8.jpg

There all around us man!

2zrmjvl.jpg

Cool picture, or what?
Putt the E behind louis in less then 2 min yesterday, just bevore i took the pic.
Also did a fast white line, above the skulls eyes.
So let it look more mean, and more like the original. and a less simple look then with those round eye holes. can use a nother look maybe, agh it was just a fast move right bevore the pictures.
Will make the skull even more like the original skull on Hudsons armor sometime soon.
Wanted to putt a Smartgun battery on his belt, but that took to much time yesterday., Will do that soon.
Will putt the remaining 2 on Apones belt.

Anyway guys, dont ya love the lamp and the tracker.
28so40j.jpg

2d1tno0.jpg

YEAH those light realy blow extra live into a picture.
, will see if i can shoot a little film of the tracker.
eqsav4.jpg

Last edited:
WOW the lamp and tracker look superb. The modifications you have done to Hudson look awesome too :clap Are those Sovereign skins on Hicks/Hudson arms? D-C, you have done a great job with all your mods, hope mine finish up as good as yours.

WOW the lamp and tracker look superb. The modifications you have done to Hudson look awesome too :clap Are those Sovereign skins on Hicks/Hudson arms? D-C, you have done a great job with all your mods, hope mine finish up as good as yours.
Thanks Dino Daz! A great compliment, i hope yours will look even better.
yeah a true master in skillz that Hurrican Glenn, thanks again Glenn :yess:
The E-mod i did, realy did not take much.
,For those who still want that on there Hudson, Grab some acrillic paint, and just do it!.
Yeah sovereign stuff yes, a whole lot cheaper way to come to a nice looking body.
I saw pics when those first 3 HICKS APONE VASQUEZ were released and that was actualy my first thought, what ugly those open joints look, on cuch a nice figure.
So Clossed joints was a must ,when i caught the'' HOT TOyS Got to have all marines flu'' last year.
Was very very sick with that.
Almost cured now, although it did make me feel 15 years younger every time i spend time with my marines. from buying till the pianting and collecting heads, etc.
Just need a little perfection here and there, and they will be completly to my desire.

Last edited:
Wow, those are looking VERY good indeed....the lights in the tracker & shoulder lamp really set them off well.
Congrats indeed sir! :) Thanks for posting the images.

Wow, those are looking VERY good indeed....the lights in the tracker & shoulder lamp really set them off well.
Congrats indeed sir! :) Thanks for posting the images.
No problem, its good to hear from old Space Jock!
Thanks on the compliments, makes me even more proud on my guys. Can you hold on to a Sulaco blueprint for me?
Here are 2 pictures of Your Nostromo blue prints in a frame ,.
You people who already own these prints, buy a frame !
Looks that more nicer behind glass.
9fzkvm.jpg

Would recomand every ALIEN fan this wonderfull piece, made by a Sideshow member Space-Jockey.
And it even comes on fatfree paper, so if your a little messy, dont worrie, cous drinks and food etc, can not effect this piece, lol.
A picture with 1/6 scale figures in front of the print, so you guys can see how big the Blueprints are.:lecture
2zr3rzn.jpg

Wierd ,how dark Hicks his left arm looks in this picture
Wow those look amazing! Might have to try and find someone who can do this for me...
Yo Marine!
Let me know, if i can do anything for ya .
Will be happy to help ya out on info etc, dont forget to read the last pages in this thread for info.:hi5:

But the light, it realy shines trough the grills!. Now aint that super sweeT to look at?.
Here are some clear pictures of the Shine trough mod ,dun by Hurricane.
300fd3r.jpg
4h8s4p.jpg

n2ho42.jpg

And a little less blurr on hudson holding his tracker picture
90c7yu.jpg

Will make sure i will get the light on action stuff in clear image next time, (very soon).
yeah the shoulder lamp is almost 100% perfect almost
In ths picture below, you see hudson wearing the Hurricane Shoulder lamp.
Compare it to Hicks his, and you will see what i meen.
2zrmjvl.jpg

am sure he can do that little extra little space on the front of the lamp, like it should have.
Does not make me any less happy at this time with it, would be great to eventualy get that dun.

Last edited:
No need for that.
if they do that, then i hope they release other members of the Sulaco crew.
Would be cool if they could do Ripley in ALIEN, if they can somehow get her to sign for a license.

I'd never say never, especially where Hot Toys is concerned, but I don't expect they'll ever go back and redo the Colonial Marine figures they've already made. While I'd love to see what they'd do better the second time around, it would seriously undermine the value of my current collection. I'm not thinking of just the dollar value, but about all the time, effort, and creative energy already invested in improving the original figures over the past several years.

Now, if Hot Toys were to introduce some entirely new Marines, with all the improvements one would expect from them now, that would be most welcome. Not only would it help complete the set, it would also provide a new source for CM uniforms and extra equipment to use for customizing. Frost and Deitrich would be great choices for all the gear they each carried, as well as Dietrich's smaller sized armor for customizing other "bumpy" Marines. It would also be cool if they made at least one Sulaco aircrew figure w/ flight suit and helmet, like Corp. Ferro, or even Spunkmeyer.

I'm not holding my breath, but if they ever do revisit Aliens, I hope they make some of the figures that haven't been done yet! :pray:

I'd never say never, especially where Hot Toys is concerned, but I don't expect they'll ever go back and redo the Colonial Marine figures they've already made. While I'd love to see what they'd do better the second time around, it would seriously undermine the value of my current collection, Yeah and thats a huge SUCK-factor ,although i also would like to see what HT can do on the ALIENS line at this point in time.

Would also be cool if they made at least one Sulaco aircrew figure w/ flight suit and helmet, like Corp. Ferro, or even Spunkmeyer.
A 1/6 Ferro would b awesome!.
Would be cool to have the nose of the dropship in 1/6 scale( the dropships-cockpit), to display these figures in.
:rock

I'm not holding my breath, but if they ever do revisit Aliens, I hope they make some of the figures that haven't been done yet! :pray:
That way, it would be a whole lot more easy to take, for us who already own the whole freaking set.
:lecture

Hey guy's I've got 1 male set of bdu's from man at arms for sale. I'm only asking what I paid for it, so if anyone is interested, PM me

One BDU set, why are you selling it ?, if you dont mind me askin?
Or is this an early made piece?

No, this is from the most recent run. You can see my forum name at the top of his list.

I got two set's, one for my Hicks figure, and one for a Hudson I was going to get at some point. But so with soooo many outgoing at the moment I've curtailed that idea. Hence 1 bdu set for sale.

Why not hold on for a little while, what if you never get the chance to buy this kind of accurateness on a BDU again?, then you only got this screen accurate type BDU for your Hicks.
Just a thought,.....

Why not hold on for a little while, what if you never get the chance to buy this kind of accurateness on a BDU again?, then you only got this screen accurate type BDU for your Hicks.
Just a thought,.....

Thanks for the thought D-Chaos :), but I think me and the USCM are done. I'm really happy with my Hicks (I spent a long time customising him) and don't have the funds to pick up the others. So like I say, 1 set of BDU's going if anyone is interested.

Finally been able to put bishop together and wanted to share. Still have some way to go to finish everything (Hudson head being the most obvious) but I'm really excited how it's all coming together.

DSC_2681.jpg

Back