Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder, does anyone have the correct color added on his or her pulsrifle counter?
just A little detail.................................

Shhhhhhhh.... Don't let the 'Big Chap' guys see this thread ... Man ... :rotfl

Why did they not wait a little more with these figures?:confused:
So they could give them even more likeness.:naughty

Then again, on the other hand, lets look at the bright side.
then there would not B muts to do on this tread, lol:duh

I almost used that picture of hicks his armor with that danger s#it and lifer in red,.:banghead
Trust me dano, its just the chinese sign and lifer in white.:google
Mine still needs a final touch on the below the sign...as u can see.

If it's any help to you, that character is "AI" in Japanese, which means "love"... for love of the Corps, I'd imagine. Anyway, this is how it's written. (The one that appeared on Hicks' armour wasn't all there, btw).

P1010377.jpg

I wonder, does anyone have the correct color added on his or her pulsrifle counter?
just A little detail.................................

not yet but Im working on it.If you look at the color of the pulse rifle,depending on whos it is the color is different.

I almost used that picture of hicks his armor with that danger s#it and lifer in red,.:banghead
And in the last shots of of ripley hicks and newt together,after gorman and vasquez blow themselfs to pieces:naughty
when hicks blocks the fan with his pulsrifle , to safe newt.
you can see the backside of his armor. and i could see a white text and a red mark.YEAH!!!!
and no danger.
also have bin told that that picture with the danger added is made for someone, after the movie made his intro. (by terry english same guy that did the original armor):wacky
Thanks Space Jockey:banana

cool Ive been wondering about that for a while,will have to change some time.but thanks for that reference.**** now Ive got to find the colors to match the armor.
THAT SUCKS oh well time to get the brushes out.
Thanks for the heads up mate

Last edited:
my head sculpt aint the greatest likeness.looks like an older version,would make a great custom for his character in grindhouse/planet terror.

my head sculpt aint the greatest likeness.looks like an older version,would make a great custom for his character in grindhouse/planet terror.

Maybe you could let somebody paint a sculpt for you, :chew
Mine was painted by space jockey, he has got some great skills for painting heads.he made it look just like hicks.:banana

Mine was painted by space jockey, he has got some great skills for painting heads.he made it look just like hicks.:banana

nah just need to get back in the swing of painting again,used to paint heaps of kits when I was a kid,moved away from it for about 6-7 years
and that hicks head is the first thing Ive done in that time thats why it aint that great.letting someone else do it for you take all the fun and satisfaction of doing it yourself.

And in the last shots of of ripley hicks and newt together,after gorman and vasquez blow themselfs to pieces:naughty
when hicks blocks the fan with his pulsrifle , to safe newt.
you can see the backside of his armor. and i could see a white text and a red mark.YEAH!!!!
and no danger.
also have bin told that that picture with the danger added is made for someone, after the movie made his intro. (by terry english same guy that did the original armor):wacky
Thanks Space Jockey:banana

your absolutly right,having to paint the camo over it was a pain but got it good enough.thanks for correcting me.

hey man that aint fair to pick at my painting skills when youve got a FML head.compared to his heads none of them look good.his work is unbelieveably good.I only spent about an hour on my headsculpt,I dont have the time that most of the guys on here have to spend on toys.

hey man that aint fair to pick at my painting skills when youve got a FML head.compared to his heads none of them look good.his work is unbelieveably good.I only spent about an hour on my headsculpt,I dont have the time that most of the guys on here have to spend on toys.

DChaos doesn't have an FML Hicks head mate, that's the Hicks headsculpt by Xenoviper, and I painted it for DChaos. :cool:
Though the FML Hicks headsculpts are no longer available, the Xenoviper ones are, and he's a member here on Sideshow Freaks.

Dont get me wrong,:monkey2 i dont want to offend you man.
i am just looking 4 the best for my figures and maybe i can help someone along the way.:joy

Dont get me wrong,:monkey2 i dont want to offend you man.
i am just looking 4 the best for my figures and maybe i can help someone along the way.:joy

non taken bro.I shouldnt have done my hicks head as the first project,but oh well.thanks for taking an intrest but.the headsculpt you've got looks awesome.you need to change your hudson though,I recommend trying a guy called lonnie.his headsculpt looks more like bill paxton in my opinion.

DChaos doesn't have an FML Hicks head mate, that's the Hicks headsculpt by Xenoviper, and I painted it for DChaos. :cool:
Though the FML Hicks headsculpts are no longer available, the Xenoviper ones are, and he's a member here on Sideshow Freaks.

my mistake,although at a distance it is hard to tell the headsculpts apart.
good job on the paint work,how long you been painting for?
sorry if I caused any offence to your work.:duh

my mistake,although at a distance it is hard to tell the headsculpts apart.
good job on the paint work,how long you been painting for?
sorry if I caused any offence to your work.:duh

No offense taken. It's nice to have a headsculpt mistaken for one by Les! I've been painting many years, but I've only been painting headsculpts since the marines first came out, and the marines and Kane are the only ones I've done so far. :D Learning all the time, as they say.

Back