Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this pic a while back in this thread detailing the small accesories that are on Hudsons armor.

hudson_belt.jpg

The neckloop that attaches to the knife is just two pices of thread braided together.

The knife is a sheathed Gerber from Chris.

The belt tool is one of those smart gun clips off a Drake figure.

The comms pouch measures 3cm by 1.8cm and was made by cutting a pattern in leather and wrapped around a rectangle of plastic. My Hicks lighter pouch was made the same way.

The bolo tie was actually a flying eagle, not a skull. I made mine by tracing the outline from a pic of the prop and cutting it out of plastic then painted silver. This is the template I made.

hudsoneagle_printversion.png

Thanks. The one I got from Chris does have a skull with wings on either side.

Hudsonswingedskullboloinmyhand.jpg

I may try convert it into an eagle, or try to print out your eagle picture Stendec, and make one myself with some Super Sculpey.

Last edited:
I bought a Vasquez figure. She arrived yesterday. I noticed the armor for her just doesn't want to stay on. It is too loose to clamp the right shoulder part on. Has anyone else had problems?

I bought a Vasquez figure. She arrived yesterday. I noticed the armor for her just doesn't want to stay on. It is too loose to clamp the right shoulder part on. Has anyone else had problems?

What's the going rate for Vasquez ?

Big props to Jen! She sent me a Frank Black head! Now to make my Bishop. I also was able to score a Vasquez for retail. All I need now is Ripley and Apone. So back to the Bishop. Does anyone have any stills of him from the movie?

Bump Bump Bump!

Just an aside....but a sort of pertinent one...now, in the wake of Chris's loss...

I never got a Hudson small accessories set. The tie or other small bits. Or that cool lighter holder for Hicks either. Anyone know how to get those small bits now? I am not sure what I need to do for my guys yet, but I am not far from them being pretty much all done. Been a while since I worked on them at all (my own Vasquez is WAY behind...no arm sleeves or dark skin painted yet...not even lightened BDUs yet...BAD LES! :monkey1 )

Anyway, any help or leads would be appreciated.

Hey Les, DarkArtist81 currently has and is working on some of my EVA parts, particularly the bolo tie and the gerber. Since he'll probably visit you at some point in the near future, maybe you could cast them if no other arrangements can be made?

I wasn't aware of the lighter holder. Anyone got a pic?

Yeah, I didn't know about a Hicks lighter holder Chris Chulamanis had made. :confused: I would like to see a picture of it too. I'd like to have one for my Hicks as well. :D

Trying to find pics of the Bronica Savanna lighter holster. It's brown. Here's a pic of y 1/1 repro holster- This piece was extensively researched by the Aliens Legacy. We got the correct fastener and even the same font.

HollisArmorTopView.jpg

Here's a bit better view of the lighter pouch, you can't quite see all the detail, I'll have to take pics of mine by itself.

DConkiltedmarinesuperheroinescloseup.jpg

Yes, we do have quite a bit of fun at DragonCon! :D

I'm working on converting an extra Hudson to a Hicks. I used some fine sand paper to sand away the Hudson decorations, and it worked surprisingly well. I just have to touch it up a bit. Does anyone know where I can get the lock and clasp for the front of his armor?

As far as Im aware, Chris was the only person who made the lock and clasp detail.

It should be fairly straight forward to fabricate though.

Big props to Jen! She sent me a Frank Black head! Now to make my Bishop. I also was able to score a Vasquez for retail. All I need now is Ripley and Apone. So back to the Bishop. Does anyone have any stills of him from the movie?

The Harry Harris Aliens site should have some photos of the screen-used Bishop costume.

Here's some pictures as reference that I saved from Harry Harris's ALIENS site. Here's Bishop's outfit. He didn't wear the cap of course.... :D

BishiopALIENSjumpsuit.jpg

Here's some pictures of the custom Reebok high-top sneakers he wore. These are the same style as the taller boots from Reebok that Ripley wore.

BishopALIENSReebokhightopsneaker-1.jpg

Here's another picture of Bishop's sneakers...

BishopALIENSReebokhightopsneakersbo.jpg

I hope it is okay that I posted these pictures here guys. I give full credit to Harry Harris and his great ALIENS website for these pictures. They helped me out in making my own custom Bishop from a "Frank Black" figure. I hope this helps you out "BadMoon".

A picture of my completed custom Bishop for you to see BadMoon...

100_6737.jpg

I'd like to eventually get him a 1/6 scale laptop computer, and lighten up his hair some. But he's pretty much finished. I used a Gameitoy brand GSG9 jumpsuit for him I got from www.war-toys.com. Here's the picture they had up for it.

BishopGameitoyGSG9jumpsuit.jpg

When I bought it a few months ago they had the jumpsuit on clearance for $1.75!

But looking today, it looks like they're sold out of that jumpsuit right now. I got an extra pair of Hot Toys Ripley boots and cut off the tops of them down to the "hi-top" sneaker size for Bishop. Agian, I hope I've helped you out some BadMoon. Good luck on your Bishop! Please post pictures when you're done.

Last edited:
Hey DA!! Didn't you post a "how to" for waethering the USCM uniforms? You don't happen to know about what post # it was do you?

just recieved my mark drake figure! holy **** guys this is too ****ing cool! i am defninitely spending the $1366 i saved on an entire ht aliens line:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Yeah once you get one you will indeed want the rest. Then next naturally comes the Les Hicks head and repaint. :lol

I think Vasquez is probably a little better than Drake because her paint job doesn't require as much attention, although her arms do hurt the overall look.

Now that we cleaned out the last retailer to have a Vasquez figure. :lol

I snagged a retail Vasquez a week ago, just gathering dust! That was a surprise, she's been scarce for a while, but I know where I can pick up Hudson, Drake and even Apone right now for retail. They even had a couple of Hicks early last year, but I took those both off their hands. :D :monkey3

Back