Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you noticed any difference in paint apps between hull pieces. I watched a youtube video that showed some pretty bad contrast and was wondering if others are getting the same thing. I am still doing it though, I was planning on weathering it more anyway.

Build the Millennium Falcon Customisation - Looking at the hull - YouTube

Mine have been fine other than variations in weathering

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423123651.761306.jpg

As you know I'm not into Falcon but I found this pic and is too cool not to share - fine-tuning the Falcon - 1976 - Paul Huston and David Grell, you can see the model boxes on the shelves, the greeblies are taken from there:

Fine-tuning the Falcon - 1976 - Paul Huston and David Grell.jpg

I hope we get some info soon on the US release dates so I can preorder these either from Deagostini or someplace else and lock'em down for myself. I know Big Bad Toy Store has carried Deagostini products before so hopefully they'll carry this. This Falcon with a few cosmetic changes here and there will build up into an absolute dream.

I hope we get some info soon on the US release dates so I can preorder these either from Deagostini or someplace else and lock'em down for myself. I know Big Bad Toy Store has carried Deagostini products before so hopefully they'll carry this. This Falcon with a few cosmetic changes here and there will build up into an absolute dream.

Agreed. I especially like that there will be attention spent on detailing the interior of some of the rooms in the MF.

Deagostini has a US website here ModelSpace - Buy Premium Model Ships, F1, Diecast & RC Cars. I have never bought from them but there is nothing about starwars though, hopefully by the end of this month.

Yeah, I've been checking their site, but I think it's still a little early.
Once they've announced distribution in the US, I'm sure it will be updated.

That picture is so cool... just think how crazy (and how fun) it would have been back then to build the Falcon out of all those miscellaneous parts. If you mess up you have to unglue them or break bigger pieces to make smaller pieces that fit... wow. Now somebody just sits at a computer and makes whatever they want in no time.

Last edited:
Awesome!
Big thumbs up if you ever built a Tamiya model. :yess:

That picture is so cool... just think how crazy (and how fun) it would have been back then to build the Falcon out of all those miscellaneous parts. If you mess up you have to unglue them or break bigger pieces to make smaller pieces that fit... wow. Now somebody just sits at a computer and makes whatever they want in to time.

It is amazing indeed. And not just for Falcon collectors, but for everyone who likes props and models/studio scales, this way you can see how they were made back then by the talented ILM artists.

Not just collect things, try to KNOW their history and how they were made. This is part of SW history :)

It is amazing indeed. And not just for Falcon collectors, but for everyone who likes props and models/studio scales, this way you can see how they were made back then by the talented ILM artists.

Not just collect things, try to KNOW their history and how they were made. This is part of SW history :)

Agreed. I love the design of the Falcon. When doing research I came across the fact that a 5-foot version was made and decided, "that's the one I want!" :lol

Someday!

How well packaged are these? Our postal system isn't the best and just wondering what happens if you get broken pieces?

Has anyone received a full months sub yet (4 magazines)? Just wondering if they will still be sending bagged or if they will switch to boxes as the packs will be bigger.

Back