Broken statue / advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patient Zero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sold a Donatello EX. to a boardie and it arrived to them with broken base. It was sealed and I opened it prior to shipping to inspect the bandanas. Everything looked fine. It was insured for the full purchase price. This is the first time that I have sold anything and it arrived broken.

I am not sure sideshow has any replacements, and their system is down until monday, and it is past the 30 days, but they said they will still try to help.

I also have my personal Don EX. I can switch out with the buyer. I could then fix the broken one for my personal collection. Admittedly though, I am not thrilled about that. But I am trying to figure out the quickest way to get this resolved for the buyer.

What is the best solution to resolve this for the buyer?

Any advice is appreciated.

If the buyer is a fellow boardie, then they will certainly understand how incredible Sideshow's customer service is. Wait it out until you find out if they can help out. If they can't, use the insurance money to get a new one.

Hell, if Sideshow replaces it...then get the insurance money as well! (I am kidding)

I think if you get the insurance money the post office will keep the statue. I'd be surprised if SS replaced it after 30 days and after you shipped it to someone else.

I think if you get the insurance money the post office will keep the statue. I'd be surprised if SS replaced it after 30 days and after you shipped it to someone else.

Although it is a much smaller item, I bought a Snake Eyes figure from a guy on ebay a year after they shipped, it had a broken part on it (the vest) and Sideshow replaced it for me. And based on his post, Sideshow has already told him that they would look in to it.

I have just decided to swap out my personal Don with the buyer. Maybe sideshow will come through on a replacement, but if they do not, I am just going to fix the broken base for my personal collection. I will show the pics of the damage. I think I will have to separate the pole completely and reglue it and his foot to the base. Does anyone have any idea what type of glue would be strong enough to hold this? Would it be better to drill and add a pin for support? I think after that and minor touchup paint, I could live with it. :monkey2

I would just file a claim, but it seems crappy to make the buyer wait on all that when I have other options. I have never filed a claim before, would it be possible to file after she returns it to me?

dt.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Last edited:
Better hope the new base your sending doesn't break.

But as far as those pics. Unless something broke off in pieces, I wouldn't take any parts off or start drilling. That Fire Hyrandt looks like it could be touched up with some paint, same with the foot. Hard to tell though in pics, but the damage dosent look that bad.

Back