Bring on the Winter Olympics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We won. Plain and simple. That's all......

We Canadians need our own gruop. Do it and make one, ELi!:rock

You guys should make your own group! Call it Standing Towards Future United Canadians or STFU Canadians for short*. :)

Great game last night though. I'm happy Canada won the hockey gold in Canada because otherwise they would have never heard the end of it.

*Oh, I can say this too because I'm an honorary Canadian. Lived there for a year and plan on retiring there some day.

We won. Plain and simple. That's all......

We Canadians need our own gruop. Do it and make one, ELi!:rock

Segregation Jinxx, Really? That's your answer? :monkey2

EDIT: And it's funny how your whole demeanor changed towards Eli once you saw his competition pics! :lol:rotfl:lol

Last edited:
You know, i might just buy a team USA Kane or Kessel jersey and walk into my local Tim Hortons or wear it out to a bar and see if any retarded Canadians would yap at me...trust me, we have idiots here just like in the US that like to make stupid generalized statements about their neighbouring countrymen.

I figure since our pride for our country is at its peak right now, maybe i should test a theory. lol!

Actually to have more fun with that.

Taylor Hall, P.K. Subban, and Tyler Ennis all have a shot of making the Olympics in 2014. Call it a hunch, but those three will be something special by then.

as will Jordan Schroeder, Derek Stepan and John Carlson be for the US. Oh, I forgot Cam Fowler the guy who pretty much shut down Taylor Hall in the 2 games they played @ the Worlds. :D

Gotta love Russia! :lol

MOSCOW -- Russia president Dmitry Medvedev demanded Monday that sports officials step down over the country's dismal performance at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Russia, a traditional winter sports powerhouse, won just 15 medals -- with only three golds -- in one of its worst performances. Officials said before the Games that 30 medals and a top-three finish in the medal standings was the target.

Russia placed 11th for golds and sixth in the overall medal count.

In televised comments, Medvedev said if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them. He did not mention anyone by name.

"Those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear," Medvedev said. "I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their notice. If we don't see such decisiveness, we will help them."

You know, i might just buy a team USA Kane or Kessel jersey and walk into my local Tim Hortons or wear it out to a bar and see if any retarded Canadians would yap at me...trust me, we have idiots here just like in the US that like to make stupid generalized statements about their neighbouring countrymen.

I figure since our pride for our country is at its peak right now, maybe i should test a theory. lol!

That would definitely be and interesting experiment. You know somebodies going to say something smart. Let us know how that works out...if you survive that is. :D

Funny thing is, you could wear a Canadian jersey in the US and nobody would probably say a word. But Hockeys isn't as big here in the states...yet.

****goes searching for a Miller USA jersey****

Gotta love Russia! :lol

MOSCOW -- Russia president Dmitry Medvedev demanded Monday that sports officials step down over the country's dismal performance at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Russia, a traditional winter sports powerhouse, won just 15 medals -- with only three golds -- in one of its worst performances. Officials said before the Games that 30 medals and a top-three finish in the medal standings was the target.

Russia placed 11th for golds and sixth in the overall medal count.

In televised comments, Medvedev said if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them. He did not mention anyone by name.

"Those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear," Medvedev said. "I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their notice. If we don't see such decisiveness, we will help them."

It's going to be interesting in Sochi when those olympics take place....that's if we survive 2012.:lol

That reminds me, I didnt see Kessel much in teh third, was he benched?

Youll get razzed for sure, you might even catch an ass beating. In Montreal you come in here wearing another teams sweater at a bar, your looking for trouble. I have seen dozens of scraps between MTL fans vs usually TOR or BOS fans

That reminds me, I didnt see Kessel much in teh third, was he benched?

Youll get razzed for sure, you might even catch an ass beating. In Montreal you come in here wearing another teams sweater at a bar, your looking for trouble. I have seen dozens of scraps between MTL fans vs usually TOR or BOS fans

I take it you don't wear any Pens stuff around there?

I take it you don't wear any Pens stuff around there?

To the games, just my hat, never any of my jerseys, aside from getting into a scrap, dont want some ahole tossing a beer at me. Last two games I went to I saw fights in the stands, one was a Pens game and the other a Canes, I think at the Canes game it was just a bunch of drunks, but the Pens it was in the cheap seats, and it was Pens vs habs fans. Montreal classy place.

To the games, just my hat, never any of my jerseys, aside from getting into a scrap, dont want some ahole tossing a beer at me. Last two games I went to I saw fights in the stands, one was a Pens game and the other a Canes, I think at the Canes game it was just a bunch of drunks, but the Pens it was in the cheap seats, and it was Pens vs habs fans. Montreal classy place.

That's too bad you can't go to a game with your family and enjoy it without getting into some trouble. I wear my Habs jersey to Pitts all the time and other than a few comments, nothing really happens. Nice sig BTW. :lol

Hockey novice here :)wave) , but I have an honest question:

So considering the turn out and excitement over the Olympics, why isn't hockey doing more business in Canada? My count there are only the Canadiens, Senators, Flames, Leafs and Canuks, and they lost the Nordics and the Jets. It is just better money in the US, what gives?

:dunno

So considering the turn out and excitement over the Olympics, why isn't hockey doing more business in Canada? My count there are only the Canadiens, Senators, Flames, Leafs and Canuks, and they lost the Nordics and the Jets. It is just better money in the US, what gives?

I think they should GTFO and play in Canadan. :lol

Segregation Jinxx, Really? That's your answer? :monkey2

EDIT: And it's funny how your whole demeanor changed towards Eli once you saw his competition pics! :lol:rotfl:lol

:tap

And why not? There's the britpack, the germans, the french, etc. Why can't we have our own group!? And with Eli, it's called shared patriotism. He's also cute but why have a hotdog when I can have a sausage!?:D

Oprah took them all. :monkey1

Damn Orcah!:emperor

And the Edmonton Oilers! But considering our season, it's kind of appropriate we don't get mentioned :lol

:lol The Winnipeg Jets sold out every game-- The Phoenix Coyotes (who were created from that team)?... Gary Bettman tried to expand into non-hockey places (i.e. southern US areas) instead of in what he considered "small market Canadian places". And then when a new prospective owner wanted to move the bankrupt Coyotes back north to Hamilton Bettman staunchly stopped that from happening saying he puts the NHL fans first... :confused:

Back