Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tee Fury's shirt of the day:

21ayg7p.png

Not sure why the design is showing up on a white background, but the shirt colors are black, navy, and royal blue.

https://www.teefury.com/

That is a GREAT shirt.

Picked up the Mezco Heisenberg figure at Toys R Us today. Was odd to see a guy with a gun, a bag of money and a small bag of blue meth in a toy store but I grabbed two (one for me, one for a friend of mine). Not a bad little figure, even if it is essentially a statue.

Nah, not if they're going for the powerful businessman Luthor. I still think he would've made a better Gordon, though.:lecture

Yeah as much of a brilliant actor Oldman was, he didn't offer anything in that role. He was miscast. Cranston is a brilliant character actor, as is Oldman but the shoe didn't fit with Oldman.

I thought Oldman did a great job with Gordon, but I just think Cranston could nail the role. He's got the look down pat, and we know that he can play him, due to the fact that he already has (in the Year One animated film).

Cranston would of been a great actor for Bale to act off. I think he could of brought a new level of intensity to it, especially when they were hunting Joker.

Picked up the Mezco Heisenberg figure at Toys R Us today. Was odd to see a guy with a gun, a bag of money and a small bag of blue meth in a toy store but I grabbed two (one for me, one for a friend of mine). Not a bad little figure, even if it is essentially a statue.

No weirder then the Child Molester Freddy Krueger figure from that godawful remake.

Walter White is a caring father and a hard working man :lol:lol makes more sense than having something like Aliens or Predators

No weirder then the Child Molester Freddy Krueger figure from that godawful remake.

:lol True. Nice that Toys R Us are carrying toys for adults too. Beats ordering online and ending up with a crap paint job. And the small bag of meth could be candy too I guess...

The Heisenberg statue is a 7 inch statue. No articulation at all. Was kind of bummed about this but oh well. He still looks good. Hope they at least make Jesse too.

And bring on tomorrow night!!!!

Kinda bummed for tomorrow. I'm going out of town, up the coast for a few days AND THE HOUSE ONLY HAS TV w/ an ANTENNA!

Which means...No BB for me until I get home.

Jesse-Pinkman-Crying-Breaking-Bad.gif

I Have a Character Issue - NYTimes.com
Actress Anna Gunn talks about her character on Breaking Bad. Spoilers, if you have not caught up till this season.

After Jesse Pinkman, one of the other characters I am more sympathetic towards is Skyler White.

Granted, most of the audience understand Walter White's situation, on why he did certain things and took the necessary action due to drastic circumstances. But are so many of the audience members so shallow to know her character that they actively project these bile statements about Skyler online? At times seems almost misogynistic in nature if they can't understand her predicament while they judge her on a whole different standard.

These vile people must be the same kind of fans who go on creating those anti-Affleck petitions.

People are very stupid, and the Internet has made them even stupider. Personally, there was a time when I despised Skylar's character. It was less about the fact that she had a backbone and more about the fact that I saw her as being somewhat...well, ungrateful. I just thought it was a little closed minded of her to assume that Walt was simply a devil asking her to compromise her moral fiber. Walt transformed, but he was a man with limited time, even more limited options, and desperation makes people do crazy things.

I'm currently rewatching it, and I'm almost in the middle of season 3. Right where Skylar begins her affair with Ted. At this point, it's very, very hard to empathize with her, and, in a way, I think that the characters are so wonderfully portrayed that they can actually project their emotions onto the audience. Walt is feeling betrayed, and, even, Walt Jr. is angry and frustrated at her, and it makes it that much easier for the audience to feel that way.

Personally, I think that Betty Draper's a better example. In later seasons, she. For to be quite despicable, but, at the same time, it was difficult to blame her, entirely, because Don's the one responsible for it.

It was less about the fact that she had a backbone and more about the fact that I saw her as being somewhat...well, ungrateful.
Yeah I remember feeling the same during the earlier seasons.

I'm currently rewatching it, and I'm almost in the middle of season 3. Right where Skylar begins her affair with Ted. At this point, it's very, very hard to empathize with her,
I agree, at that point her betrayal was damaging. But since then I feel she has redeemed herself more than ever, including her current stance. So it was little sad and shocking to see people continue with that hatred.

Last edited:
Back