Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Oliver Stone's work or opinion hasn't been relevant for the past twenty years? Nah, you don't need to say it.

I was going to say, this is coming from the guy who did Savages and Natural Born Killers...but, I guess that works too. :lol

Personally, I loved the fact that, for once, Walt's plan was executed almost perfectly. So many times has **** backfired that it was like "FINALLY! He got them on his first try!":lol Tuco and the burrito, Jesse and Gus' "soup," etc, etc.

Pronouncing something 'the greatest', or any other superlative, isn't especially convincing :lol If someone asked me why Breaking Bad is great television, I'd point to the atmosphere created by the brilliant cinematography - its framing and composition of shots, the shifting colour palettes and camera movement. I'd talk about the character development and management of the story arcs, for example how the writers could present an M60 in the opening shot of the 5th season without any clue as to how it would later be used and on whom, and deliver the resolution in a coherent, logical and dramatic context in the final episode; or how each of the central characters are humanised despite their vile attributes... we like watching these people. Todd, Lydia, Gus, Mike and especially Walt, despite their wicked or morally compromised behaviour, are all characters we feel empathy for. They are beautifully rendered portraits of complex, conflicted people.

As for Lost's Jack, the holier-than-thou moral compass of LOST? Just die already, you sanctimonious drip! Hurley? Lose some goddam weight, how many months has it been without a cheese burger anyway? Charlie and Clare? The grumpy Michael, the Buddha-like John Locke, the broody man hunk Sawyer etc etc. The characters have their own issues to resolve, sure, but despite all of the flash backs and flash forwards, they are all almost entirely one-dimensional and their responses to events wholly predictable. If the finale was satisfying in any way it was because they all died. I'm looking for a good reason to reinvest in the show... like "keep watching, the story and character arcs develop coherence and begin to make some sense through plot development and revelation". But I get the feeling that it'd be more a case of "nope, if you hated it enough to stop watching halfway through then you'll just keep hating it until the end."

I was going to say, this is coming from the guy who did Savages and Natural Born Killers...but, I guess that works too. :lol

Oh yeah, Savages...what a turd. Lets not forget about his magnum opus "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps".

In any case, whether Walt had activated the M60 from inside the house or outside the house, it still would've eviscerated everyone. Pretty sure his new cooking "idea" he was telling Todd and Jack about was to get them to come outside to the trunk - though they didn't bite, so Walt had to improvise.

Oliver Stone doesn't seem to understand that the final episode wasn't necessarily the 'finale'. The way season 5 was split in two presented the whole back end of the final season as a finale. It was like 8 episodes of tension that was punctured and resolved by a single, final act that was violent but ultimately somewhat redemptive. Great stuff. I'm not surprised Stone didn't appreciate it.

I bet Stone was either kidding or high.

I mean, the guy wrote Scarface didn't he? :lol

Oliver Stone hasn't made a relevant film in 25 years.

Earlier I said 20 years. But 25 Years? Even better!

sein1.jpg

In any case, whether Walt had activated the M60 from inside the house or outside the house, it still would've eviscerated everyone. Pretty sure his new cooking "idea" he was telling Todd and Jack about was to get them to come outside to the trunk - though they didn't bite, so Walt had to improvise.

The gun was mounted and aimed towards the right side of the car's trunk. If he would've brought them outside his plan would've failed. Unless they all stood on that side of the car in that specific spot while he popped the trunk. :lol

Pretty much. He timed it perfectly. If the Nazi's forced him to park normally, his plan would've failed. And he would've had to improvise.

I like how he just ignored the parking orders of that one Nazi. He's like "nah ***** im parking here so I can shoot all you mutha ****as".

It was just another instance of Walt playing dumb, like "I dunno where you want me to go".

Same thing he did with Hank in the car when he missed the turn to the laundry facility and instead turned into incoming traffic.

Back