Bowen Designs Upcoming Kitty Pryde of the X-Men FS Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowen Designs Kitty Pryde

643790775_T5U44-XL.jpg

Several more pics available on my site in the Sneak Peeks section and in the Bowen Section. :)

This is really a deep disappointment after waiting years for a FS Kitty Pryde statue. The artist is obviously talented but that pose is very awkward.

It makes perfect sense to have her phasing, but a theatrical leap is simply bizarre for her character. The artist even strayed from Bowen's design that had both legs phasing through the base as if she were coming up vertically.

I hate to say this but I really hope this gets declined, because I doubt there would ever be another FS statue of her and I would like to see one of my absolute favourite characters done right.

So...both her feet are off the ground. Did she trip...or is lockhead lifting her up? Im very confused. Extremely lame IMO!

The thing that gets me most is the half-assed showcase of her phasing powers. Do it right or not at all. :emperor

No phasing powers anymore?

Sculpt is good, but execution is average IMO.

^^^^^^^What he said but Lockheed should be on either shoulder. He's the first thing I noticed upon seeing this.

Meh, I'll wait for the comiquette by Sideshow

Sadly, I'm pretty sure Kitty Pryde will never be popular enough to garner a comiquette. Brainy, weak-powered, Jewish female superhero may resonate with me (and the man himself, Joss Whedon :whip) but I have made peace with the fact she is a 'meh' character to most comic book fans.

Besides based on her traditional depictions, her beasts are way too small to interest Sideshow, although she appeared to have a real 'growth spurt' before Astonishing X-Men.

Last edited:
Back