Bowen Cable Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the excl. retro version?

edit: im dumb. saw the link..the retro is off the hook. the price is not.

The new exclusive cable on sentinel head has an Es of 250 and will cost $350 (with no club discount)

That's ridiculous. I am loosing faith in Bowen. First was the BD Hulkbuster IM and now this? Talk about price gouging. I definitely won't be ordering for that price and am thinking about canceling a couple other overpriced exclusives I pre-ordered.

That's ridiculous. I am loosing faith in Bowen. First was the BD Hulkbuster IM and now this? Talk about price gouging. I definitely won't be ordering for that price and am thinking about canceling a couple other overpriced exclusives I pre-ordered.

Randy knows those who really want it will buy it.

Randy knows those who really want it will buy it.

Randy is going to loose a big piece of his fan base if he keeps jacking prices up. You honestly think this thing will retain that value after the newness has worn off?

Don't believe me? Check out the aftermarket value on the bronze pieces that were similarly priced too high. Majority of them didn't sell, and the ones that did sold for a fraction of original cost.

https://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_nkw=bowen%20bronze&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

I know, I know, not supposed to collect to become rich, but after dropping nearly $400 after shipping, I hope it retains that value for my own piece of mind.

i never knew the FB line got so cheap. i have the cap. but i plan on keeping it. at this rate i could add more lol

Randy is going to loose a big piece of his fan base if he keeps jacking prices up. You honestly think this thing will retain that value after the newness has worn off?

Don't believe me? Check out the aftermarket value on the bronze pieces that were similarly priced too high. Majority of them didn't sell, and the ones that did sold for a fraction of original cost.

https://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_nkw=bowen%20bronze&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

I know, I know, not supposed to collect to become rich, but after dropping nearly $400 after shipping, I hope it retains that value for my own piece of mind.

I see where you are coming from, but thats faux bronze, nothing more than a gimmick. As for cable, it's a whole new base and suit.

Wow. I can't believe this is $350. That is non-Hulk-sized PF money. :google

I wanted a classic cable so bad too. at this ed. size and price it will never happen for me. This hobby has really become for the rich. I have always collected action figures and will continue too due to the ridiculous statue prices. i still think 150 for a fs bowen statue is the perfect price point...but then again, i dont know his costs.

I think the cable will do just fine. That is quite a low edition size which is definitely reflected in the price.

Faux bronze pieces are nothing more than a fad and imo can't be compared to something such as the cable statue.

The hobby has become VERY expensive to the point that sideshow is offering recently released exclusives at a discount. Vote with your dollars guys.

It seems suprising that Bowen collectors club members have been crying for CC exclusives that feature an entirely different sculpt and very low edition size. Now that they get what they have been asking for there is a big outcry. You only get what you ask for. Low es+unique sculpt=BIG$$$$$$$. Next time think ahead when you want something.

It seems suprising that Bowen collectors club members have been crying for CC exclusives that feature an entirely different sculpt and very low edition size. Now that they get what they have been asking for there is a big outcry. You only get what you ask for. Low es+unique sculpt=BIG$$$$$$$. Next time think ahead when you want something.

I certainly don't recall asking Bowen to increase the purchase price by double compared to a "regular" release.

Haven't the Bowen Statues typically ranged in the $150-$200 area. I realize for some of the club exclusives, discount wasn't given and price increased to around $250, which I wasn't completely happy with, but I could stomach. Now some of the more recent and better items have been near $300. And this increase is happening over a relatively short period of time.

Yellow DD Exclusive = $250
Plane Hulk = $300
BD Hulkbuster IM Ex. = $300
Retro Cable Ex. = $350

This trend of just increasing it $50 each new release has to stop. I mean come on, $350??? That's the price of a fairly large SS product. And lets face it, Bowen has neither the scale nor the detail that SS does. Yet now Bowen prices are equivalent or exceed SS prices???

I certainly don't recall asking Bowen to increase the purchase price by double compared to a "regular" release.

Haven't the Bowen Statues typically ranged in the $150-$200 area. I realize for some of the club exclusives, discount wasn't given and price increased to around $250, which I wasn't completely happy with, but I could stomach. Now some of the more recent and better items have been near $300. And this increase is happening over a relatively short period of time.

Yellow DD Exclusive = $250
Plane Hulk = $300
BD Hulkbuster IM Ex. = $300
Retro Cable Ex. = $350

This trend of just increasing it $50 each new release has to stop. I mean come on, $350??? That's the price of a fairly large SS product. And lets face it, Bowen has neither the scale nor the detail that SS does. Yet now Bowen prices are equivalent or exceed SS prices???

Im sure the 250 edition size has a lot to do with it. Also those pieces that you listed above are either huge or have big and elaborate bases which is probably a good reason why they cost more than your average bowen piece.

Sideshow PFs and Commis are bigger and cost the same, but none of them even come close to an ES of 250 for $350. Most of the SS statues are upwards of 1000 pieces.

Back