Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

True. Both look cool. That's what I like about the Maquette line.
Basicly every charcater which has been made now is fine as regular edition. But I'm an exclusive fetishist, even if I display the regular version.. ._."

I know what you're saying. I had the Strider Ex (had to sell him) and displayed it with the hood on. I have the Reg on back-order with SS right now and can't wait to get him again. I'm planning on picking up the Reg Legolas as well and know that I would have only displayed him with the bow anyway. The one Maquette Ex that I really wanted was Gandalf. I initially had the Ex on order but had to cancel, and by the time I was ready to buy it he was sold out. So now I have the Reg on order, but he still looks great so no big deal.
I still think one of the biggest wastes of an exclusive item was the flaming sword of the Morgul Lord PF. I checked it to make sure that none of the flames were broken when I unpacked him, but other than that he has been displayed with the Reg sword and the Ex sword has never been out of the box.

Last edited:

Yes, it will. Theses though with the bases tend to be a bit taller.

These maquettes are definately bigger than the old SSW statues, and not just because of the bases.
I can't be sure while line is the true 1/6 scale though, but there's definately a difference.

Maybe the old line is not true 1/6.
My Aragorn measures aprox. 31cm without the base which would be a real size of 186cm. Seems realistic to me.

They look close to me Frodo. While not exact to me it's the bases that make the real difference.

I know what you're saying. I had the Strider Ex (had to sell him) and displayed it with the hood on. I have the Reg on back-order with SS right now and can't wait to get him again. I'm planning on picking up the Reg Legolas as well and know that I would have only displayed him with the bow anyway. The one Maquette Ex that I really wanted was Gandalf. I initially had the Ex on order but had to cancel, and by the time I was ready to buy it he was sold out. So now I have the Reg on order, but he still looks great so no big deal.
I still think one of the biggest wastes of an exclusive item was the flaming sword of the Morgul Lord PF. I checked it to make sure that none of the flames were broken when I unpacked him, but other than that he has been displayed with the Reg sword and the Ex sword has never been out of the box.

people were selling gandalf ex here for $170 and noone wanted them, i figured i can pick those up easily later on and didnt jump on it either.

Cant believe how badly i dropped ball on this series, damn!

Well got the reg Legolas on the way.and my awesome gf said she was going to get me 2 of these for Vday so all I have to do is pick between Aragorn,Boromir, Gandalf, Gimli & Arwen.lol

Very nice gf! :rock That's a serious tough choice to pick just one left of those.

These maquettes are definately bigger than the old SSW statues, and not just because of the bases.
I can't be sure while line is the true 1/6 scale though, but there's definately a difference.

A little difference in scale, but they really fit together perfect like you can see on my display shelf

sideboard01.jpg

Yeah, I figured we had been. I think if the SSW Aragorn was standing straight up they would be close to the same.

She seems pretty cool. That's a good choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

A little difference in scale, but they really fit together perfect like you can see on my display shelf

sideboard01.jpg

That looks great!

There is a bit of difference in the size now that I see bills pictures. I never really noticed it before. I still think the two lines look great together.

Man. I wish my bf would buy me statues. There's no way though. The only one who ever bought me statues was my sister because she was a collector of this stuff like me. She's in a better place now so no statue gifties for me.

Everyone always has great maps of Middle Earth in their collections. I think I'm going to have to track one of those down some day, especially if this collection continues amazing us in the ways it has thus far.

Only one misfire in seven releases is pretty great. ;)

Only really really really hoping we see some Hobbit news in this line very soon, and especially before another release. The Hobbits need to be next...

Everyone always has great maps of Middle Earth in their collections. I think I'm going to have to track one of those down some day, especially if this collection continues amazing us in the ways it has thus far.

I just bought this recently. Its pretty great.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NT64SK/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details"]Map of Middle Earth[/ame]

Only one misfire in seven releases is pretty great. ;)

I'm assuming you're speaking for yourself right? :peace :)

fury :thwak josh

The love hate relationship continues. :lol

Thanks for the link. On the misfire, you know I meant Arwen, but we'll see come next week, right. I doubt they altered the sideburns in production, and I'm not about to slight anybody for liking her and getting her. She's just not for me in her current state...

;)

Edit: I read that wrong, I read of myself, not for myself. Of course Josh, I'm always speaking for myself. (Oh, and anybody else who may not like flowing sideburns on their non-Liv likeness Arwen)

No problem. Its a really nice Map. I'll have to get it framed sometime soon.

I know. :lol Yeah, I mean if she comes out pink then it would be a misfire but if it is what I looked at several times during comic-con it will be another hit for me. I'm not gonna fault anyone for passing either.

Yeah, you know, I always read you saying that you loved her at the show and it reminds me that I totally did as well. But then I never did pull the trigger and it makes me wonder what really is stopping me. I was thinking of limiting my purchases to the Fellowship for the time being, and to get my finances in order, but then I ordered the Witch King the minute he went up. I just don't know.

Can't wait to see pictures of her from everybody next week, especially yours on the doily. Is that spelled right?

Yeah, I was really impressed at comic-con. As I've said before I didn't own the first one because it just wasn't enough for me to want it. There's something about this one that I really love and I'll try to explain than when I review her. I know you've gotten items like the Cobra Commander PF. As great as that looks in production (better than than at comic-con) I won't pick items like that over LOTR. I think you have to decide how much you're into LOTR and thats how I pick things. If I have to pick something from LOTR over Marvel, Joe, Star Wars, etc its no question.

I hope everyone will enjoy the review and the pics. Yes, I'll try to make sure I get the doily in a couple of them.

Back