Boba Fett Life-Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett Life-Size Bust

The problem is that for one big problem, the bust go down...
To have Ani face, we have to take off all the helmet.. and to put the helmet on, we have to take off Anakin.. so, we dont have the chance to do the reveal. And for a bust of that price and that quality, that was NECESSARY.
If I take off the helmet I have to see Anakin portrait, not a empty hole. Simply as that. And I don't count having the most important part of the bust inside the box.

Its a real shame, because I really loved the piece, but when I knew this, it was a great deception and I cancel my order. I think most of us need that piece as a representation of the scene and character, we dont look for a prop, we look what we saw at ROTJ, and this bust fails in that... and its a real shame because it's a GREAT item! But they fail doing the reveal, and for me that is REAL IMPORTANT =/

Truth :clap:lecture

I would have to also add that its ridiculous that they made a stand the EX (I know, I know you can buy/make your own stand). Having it as an EX is taking away from some basic functionality.

PLUS if you have the helmet on the stand next to Ani's portrait, then its gonna be missing the neck which is going to look real funky. Plus the Helmet itself when its on the bust just looks funky. I cant put my finger on it, but something is off.

AWESOME :banana I can't wait to order this Life Size Bust :monkey5

I do not understand the point of view of several members.
There is a choice between two manufacturers, you can not find it good?
Having the choice is a good thing!

So the wars of manufacturers etc. .. please put it in your closet .. :D

The problem is that for one big problem, the bust go down...
To have Ani face, we have to take off all the helmet.. and to put the helmet on, we have to take off Anakin.. so, we dont have the chance to do the reveal. And for a bust of that price and that quality, that was NECESSARY.
If I take off the helmet I have to see Anakin portrait, not a empty hole. Simply as that. And I don't count having the most important part of the bust inside the box.

Its a real shame, because I really loved the piece, but when I knew this, it was a great deception and I cancel my order. I think most of us need that piece as a representation of the scene and character, we dont look for a prop, we look what we saw at ROTJ, and this bust fails in that... and its a real shame because it's a GREAT item! But they fail doing the reveal, and for me that is REAL IMPORTANT =/

is there anywhere on SS that states that?
im looking at the video and close examination looks like there is a front face mask coming down on it. and on the summary section it states "Capturing every detail of the Sith Lord and his helmet, this versatile bust has been constructed so that the helmet may be removed to reveal Anakin's scarred visage." unless im reading it wrong =(

It was reported, Rebelscum I believe, from Comic Con last year asking an SSC rep about the bust.

oh booo!:monkey4 SSC does screw up a lot... -_-

I don't consider it a screw up. For what little time will ever be spent taking the helmet off to see Anakin's portrait, it's not really important to make the bust do that, it's about looking good as Vader, looking good as Anakin and having lots of nice details to the piece. I don't believe the mask over Shaw's face contained internal detailing, I would imagine it was just a mask like Prowse wore. The bust comes with the details of the internal parts. Even without those parts, I'd imagine the real mask was fairly snug. So what's better, make an Anakin head that's out of scale to fit inside the mask, or make it true to scale and not be able to be in place behind the mask. For a person to put on a mask, your skin can shift and squish and whatever to squeeze in, a solid polystone head will have no give to it. Making the mask not have to go over the Shaw portrait ensures no risk of scratches and other damages from doing so. I think Sideshow made the right choices with it, for $1200, I don't want a design that's implementation risks damage to the piece, I want a design that ensures maintained quality over time.

I was a little disappointed when I found out the helmet didn't fit over the head. But, when I thought about it, I don't plan on taking the helmet on and off. Like MF said, there's too much risk of scratching the head. Plus, I'm just going to leave the helmet off and display next to him. That's all I'll do with it until I need to dust it. I mean, It's a bust meant for display. Not a prop or toy meant for use/play.

it's just the fact if you don't have extra room for the helmet or head, one of the two will have to go back in the box. =( i guess im just picky

It's a paint to put things away, but at least away is protected and undamaged.

I really like this bust, way more then the Vader bust.

I can't say that i agree, but it's still a good bust. If i didn't have the MR helmet, i'd be in like a shot.

I don't consider it a screw up. For what little time will ever be spent taking the helmet off to see Anakin's portrait, it's not really important to make the bust do that, it's about looking good as Vader, looking good as Anakin and having lots of nice details to the piece. I don't believe the mask over Shaw's face contained internal detailing, I would imagine it was just a mask like Prowse wore. The bust comes with the details of the internal parts. Even without those parts, I'd imagine the real mask was fairly snug. So what's better, make an Anakin head that's out of scale to fit inside the mask, or make it true to scale and not be able to be in place behind the mask. For a person to put on a mask, your skin can shift and squish and whatever to squeeze in, a solid polystone head will have no give to it. Making the mask not have to go over the Shaw portrait ensures no risk of scratches and other damages from doing so. I think Sideshow made the right choices with it, for $1200, I don't want a design that's implementation risks damage to the piece, I want a design that ensures maintained quality over time.

Completely agree with you Sean!

This time, I must disagree with you. I'm not talking about recreating the scene every time we see the bust, thats obvious... but I think that it is a very nice feature in a piece like this and also I'm talking about the fact that in a way or another, we must keep one important part of the bust inside a box, when with a little of effort they could do it in a way that the Anakin portrait remain inside the helmet. If you made the Anakin head and a "3" pieces helmet, is simple logic to get the reveal option and not having to choose what piece must keep inside the box. Even Gentle Giant and Hasbro do this... and you are telling me that Sideshow couldn't do it because of accourate measures for the sake of keeping Shaw's likeness? I keep thinking that when we buy this, we are buying a Vader bust, NOT A MOVIE ACCURATE REPLICA with and because of that I will always disagree with you in this. If the bust was made with the purpose of being absolutely movie accurate, then I will be with you on the points you tell me, but in that we still want something accurate, we must wait until EFX release and accurate helmet or buy the ROTS MR helmet.

For the other hand, you tell me that the skin can shift and squish to fit in, and that's true! But in this particularly case, I will sacrifice a FEW centimeters or even millimiters of the Anakin head to be a little bit more small and fit in the helmet, do the mask a few centimeter larger or even sculpt the head in a way that fit in and looks absolutly real!. I can assure you that you will never notice that, and if you notice.. perfect, add that error to the list of innacuracies that the helmet ALREADY HAVE, but I still think that all that is a better option than keeping the bust in a box, or having to do an EXTRA base or pay a lot more for an exclusive version because I couldn't preorder it from sideshow.

Sideshow work very well, Sean... We both know that in case that Anakin portrait fit inside the helmet and we can put the mask over it, the face WILL NEVER GET A SCRACTH. They can be so dumbs to take the incorrect measures of that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the piece... but all this make me thing that Sideshow sometimes work in extrange ways and, from my point of view, the wrong ways.

But if you still want to discus this I think we are doing it on the wrong topic, jeje, sorry! my mistake XD

To be more in tone with THIS topic.. I feel kind in the same way with this... don't having part of the jet pack is plain WRONG. That is a MUST on a bust like this!! and it isn't hard to do.

So you would rather have a midget anakin head or an oversized Helmet than be inconvenienced with having to put one of the domes in the box? Then you should have ordered the EX and got the stand. Everyone complained about the extra $50 but are going to end up spending it anyways on a custom stand after the fact. Wheres the logic? I would rather the sculpt look proportional than worry about where i'm going to put the extra head.

Mm.... why dont you read what I said? because I think you are being a little bit extremist. You say that a FEW centimeters o millimiters makes a helmet oversized or a head completely out of proportion? .... oks, right.. I get the picture.

Anyways, back to the Fett Bust.

I like how it looks. And since I'm a sucker for Boba Fett stuff, I might try to ease this into my 2010 budget/plan.

Mm.... why dont you read what I said? because I think you are being a little bit extremist. You say that a FEW centimeters o millimiters makes a helmet oversized or a head completely out of proportion? .... oks, right.. I get the picture.

Yes thats what i'm saying. A few centimeters is .8". The average human head is about 7" wide so yes i can notice if you shrink the head by 10% or increase the helmet by 10% on the same size shoulders. No i can't notice a few millimeters but i don't think the issue can be fixed with a few mm's here and there.

Anytime there have been reveal helmets you either have a head that is too small, or a helmet that is too big (for the reasons Shawn already mentioned). Just look at Medicom, Hasbro and GG for examples.

It just doesn't work; I love that I can choose between other display and never expected it would be one where the portrait would reside inside of the bust.

Back