Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen this little video going around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=friS4OOcdgQ

The humor definitely requires a bit of an open mind and the ability to laugh and not take it too seriously.

thedigitalbits has a little write up about it, but they didn't post a link to the video:

One last note today... there's a viral video that's been circulating around the Net on YouTube since the weekend, related to the "decline" of a certain high-def format in the wake of Warner's recent decision. It uses footage from a recent foreign film with, shall we say, somewhat "revised" subtitles. We've been getting hundreds of e-mails about it, including from many of our friends at the studios and elsewhere around the home video industry, as it name checks The Bits. We're not going to link to it here, as the obvious comparison it makes between said high-def format and certain historical personages depicted in the video is... well, not in the best of taste. But yes, we have seen it. Yes, it is very clever. And yes, we did get a pretty good laugh out of it around here. 'Nuff said.

I Am Legend on Blu-ray March 18th 2008!!!!

Video codec is VC-1, a good sign of a brilliant looking picture! (the same as Blade Runner, 300, and Pan's Labyrinth)

:rock

I bought 3 more BDs today, gotta help out the cause.

Brings my BD collection to 43:rock

Wow. I'm up to 4. But that's because I've been trading off the free ones I got and going halfsies on the BOGOs with my girlfriend.

Along those lines, anyone wanna trade me for my Resident Evil: Apocalypse?

Just got done watching RE:Extinction. Didnt get a chance to watch it in the theater, I really enjoyed it. Much better than part 2 IMO.

And it looks PHENOMENAL on BD!!

I Am Legend on Blu-ray March 18th 2008!!!!

Video codec is VC-1, a good sign of a brilliant looking picture! (the same as Blade Runner, 300, and Pan's Labyrinth)

:rock

Is this the first WB title to be Blu-ray only, or is it coming out on HD DVD as well.

Edit: Nevermind. It's coming out on Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD on 3/18.

Back