Blitzway x P1 Studio Museum Masterline Batman (89) 1/3rd Scale Batman & Bruce Wayne Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fair enough, if we liked the same things the world would be boring! The Nolan films are an excellent trilogy and am glad they exist but I also like a more comic book (less realistic) feel, a la Burton or batfleck

My personal list:

1) Dark Knight Rises
2) Batman Returns
3) Batman 89
4) Batman Begins
5) Dark Knight

BvS was okay and I don't dislike Snyder as much as some of you do, but it felt to me like every comic book film I've ever seen, whereas the Burton and Nolan versions are almost anti-superhero-movies.

Anyway... is there a chance that they will do this in 1/5? I know P1 stopped doing the Arkham line because they wanted to focus on comic statues in 1/3, but they also said they will make Arkham City statues in 1/5 instead. Are we sure this isn't the case here as well?

If they want to focus on comic book versions then why release two statues from the dark knight rises? Kind of a bummer was looking forward to this.

Yeah, it's really a shame. They did the suicide squad batffleck 1/3 which now is almost sold out but they didn't want to do the alltime allstar first bat flick keaton version? I really can't think of a reason to not do this piece.

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

Yeah, it's a shame. I was really curious as to what pose they were going to go with. The Bruce Wayne head looked amazing, though it seemed weird that it had a bow tie.

tumblr_patjbhKf5s1wn8c78o2_1280.jpg

Guess we'll never know.

Then why tease it in the first place?

Yeah, I don’t get why companies do this. They teased it 3 different ways then just ghosted on the entire project. Why bother.

If they want to focus on comic book versions then why release two statues from the dark knight rises? Kind of a bummer was looking forward to this.

Because they thought they'd get the green light, because those are different licenses and because these things take time.

It's not like they just stopped wanting to do it on a whim, guys. It actually seems to be an issue with Keaton:

Shernell Macaay (mod on the P1 Collectors FB page) said:
Not directly. But from what most of us know like Chris mentioned before it has to do with the license estate from keaton.
That is the most we know. Sad but it is what it is.

I know that Prime 1 really wanted to create this because it is one of their favorite pieces as well. But it is what it is.

Shernell Macaay said:
But one thing i know is that they are not going to pursue this license anymore.

Companies should stop teasing things unless they are 100% sure they are going to get it done. It's just annoying.

Damn can’t believe the project was scrapped...ridiculous. I almost sold keaton pf to a collector looking for one I was tempted by the offer but def glad I didn’t go through with it now

Unfortunately they have no obligation to do anything, I'm sure they wanted it done originally

They can do whatever they want ofc but it builds distrust and I don't take their announcements seriously anymore. Same thing with HT who failed to deliver 1/4 BR Keaton, 1/6 BR Catwoman/Penguin, the 66 Batmobile and 1/6 Cesar Romero Joker.

Prime 1 has done:
2 batman noël
2 dark knight comic
0 keaton
That's pretty unfortunate to say the least...

Ps:
3 harley quinn
2 huntress 1 sculpted 1 fabric
0 keaton
Outrageous I would say

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

They can do whatever they want ofc but it builds distrust and I don't take their announcements seriously anymore. Same thing with HT who failed to deliver 1/4 BR Keaton, 1/6 BR Catwoman/Penguin, the 66 Batmobile and 1/6 Cesar Romero Joker.

Understandable, both hot toys and Prime 1 are guilty of it but things often don't go according to plan and projects get shelved for a number of reasons. I agree it sucks when you're waiting for that one piece

This brings me to tears it will never get made.....

Do not cry. At the end of the day it's just a statue.

There is a sense of relief when these things don't come to pass. Before I used to be upset when a collectible didn't pan out, now I'm thankful because it saves me money.

I would have plopped down $900+ on this thing plus it would have most likely started as a gateway drug into me wanting more of them depending on how good it was. The way I see it, I just saved money.

You cant console me....a world without a 1/3 Keaton Batman is a world I just dont think i want to live in anymore.

Only Prime 1 can save me now....but dont think they will....

Will you PRIME 1....will you save me?

So far this year, we have four ‘89 Batman merchandise products that have Michael Keaton's likeness.

- Iron Studios 1/10 Batman statue
- Ikon Collectables anniversary statue
- Mezco stylized Batman figure
- Mezco Batman 1:12 figure

The Mezco figures in particular look just like him and there are several Beetlejuice items on the horizon.

So that whole rumor going around where Michael Keaton and his estate supposedly didn’t want merchandise made of him seems like total BS. If Prime 1 can make several versions and scales of Bale and Affleck and the Arkham video game Batman, I don’t see why they couldn’t do or wouldn’t want to do a Keaton. Seems like a no brainer when you’re producing that many Batman statues and you go out of your way announce and tease said item. A licensing issue? It didn’t stop them from producing all the other Batmen they’ve made. It hasn’t stopped these much smaller companies from making him.

If it had something to do with the approving the unmasked Bruce Wayne portrait they had planned (which was gorgeous), why not just drop it and do a couple of regular cowled heads? People want Batman anyway, not Bruce Wayne unmasked. Kinda lame. I was really curious what pose and base they would have went with for him. Something with the cathedral and those laughing gargoyles woulda been cool.

Back