Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember the last time I watched the whole thing through. That awful scene with the superimposed face has always stuck in my mind. Wasn't it done by using a mirror or something? I seem to recall reading that effect was achieved in a weird way.

without bruce I doubt if any of the following martial arts stars would have happened.he did indeed pave the way for them..bruce did say that in 1980 he would have retired,but I think he would have gone into directing and maybe the odd comeo/guest spot..

That's true he did say that, wasn't that after he said he would achieve fame and fortune? It's been a while since I read that letter.

have you noticed that the ''cardboard'' cutout has been replaced by an optical shot in the scene where hugh O'Brien threatens the lookalike on the GOD blue ray.

When it was on TV here it was still the cardboard cut out, unless I misunderstanding what you mean by an optical shot.

Last edited:
The stuck on head in that scene has been altered .I'm sure I looked at that scene on the blu Ray from the US and read it also...must check again after work tonight..and yeah Bruce's personal ambition was what he wrote about about finishing in 1980

The stuck on head in that scene has been altered .

In what way exactly? Like do you mean instead of an actual cardboard cut out they superimposed the same picture but with CGI?

I'm sure I looked at that scene on the blu Ray from the US and read it also...must check again after work tonight..and yeah Bruce's personal ambition was what he wrote about about finishing in 1980

Yeah from what I recall he said he will achieve fame and fortune, and like Tyderium said "by 1980 I will have in my possession the sum of 1 million dollars'. Then I think he said he will retire a happy man or something like that. :dunno

Shame he couldn't fulfill all that.the head scene had a optical change with the head as opposed to the one stuck on the mirror.I'll confirm and try to grab a pic.will be later as I'm working.

Shame he couldn't fulfill all that.the head scene had a optical change with the head as opposed to the one stuck on the mirror.I'll confirm and try to grab a pic.will be later as I'm working.

That would be good if u could because I am looking at the one that was on TV and the old VHS one and I can't tell the difference.

my bad steve,i read the article wrong..it said shout factory when remastering the bluray SHOULD have tweaked that scene as it looks WORSE on bluray (pics added) and just to add the towel over the ETD scene is actually worse than the ''floating'' big boss head in 1080p.i gave that scene a watch as i just watched the revisited extra on the disc rather than the full movie.so apologies for being incorrect mate.hey i'm getting on in age my minds slowly going...:lol

my bad steve,i read the article wrong..it said shout factory when remastering the bluray SHOULD have tweaked that scene as it looks WORSE on bluray (pics added)

Ahh ok do they should have tweaked it but they didn't?

and just to add the towel over the ETD scene is actually worse than the ''floating'' big boss head in 1080p.i gave that scene a watch as i just watched the revisited extra on the disc rather than the full movie.so apologies for being incorrect mate.hey i'm getting on in age my minds slowly going...:lol

Sorry Chris I am bit confused, did that towel over the ETD scene get cut, hence why it is in the extras?

no mate.that ETD scene is when billy lo goes to the trailer and hugh O'Brien is waiting,its in the completed 1978 movie.that and the big boss floating head look worse on the blu ray(on a 4K TV)....the comments about shout factory NOT trying to ''fix/make it better is what I originally read,so a mistake on my behalf.further info states that it's more likely an upscale rather than a true 1080p print.although the other 3 films are true 1080p prints.the extras on each of the discs are really good also.
sorry for any confusion mate:(

no mate.that ETD scene is when billy lo goes to the trailer and hugh O'Brien is waiting,its in the completed 1978 movie.that and the big boss floating head look worse on the blu ray(on a 4K TV)....the comments about shout factory NOT trying to ''fix/make it better is what I originally read,so a mistake on my behalf.

It's been a while since I watched the whole movie so I can't remember that part, even though it's right at the beginning. :slap

further info states that it's more likely an upscale rather than a true 1080p print.although the other 3 films are true 1080p prints.the extras on each of the discs are really good also.
sorry for any confusion mate:(

No worries mate.

I can't believe you guys are even discussing a movie that doesn't exist :D

We have Bruce Lee's original notes showing what he intended the first half of Game of Death to be - similar to WotD, a front loaded story with an ex fighters sister and kid kidnapped by a gangster and him forced to go with the guys thugs to the tower to fight for a treasure...
...and we have the pieced together remastered footage of 40 minutes showing the fight scenes from the last 1/3 of the movie, where he fights his way to the top of the tower and to the treasure. (provided on A Warrior's Journey, Enter the Dragon special edition ..and a few other places at this point)

There is no 1978 abomination of a movie :lecture

I've long held the fantasy that one day CGI will be good enough that Shannon Lee will commission the first half (well 60%) of the movie to be made that contains the story and setup and connects it to the existing footage .....cause the more important part is the martial arts scenes and Bruce managed to film enough of those on GoD to make the overall project worthwhile.

oh I agree with you there SAB,but the monstrous 1978 version made a ton of money,i even went to the cinema to see it and left thinking WTF did I just watch.the BBFC here in the UK even removed the full dan inosanto fight!!.
there was a CGI short made several years back which I hoped would lead to maybe a chance that GOD may be made like that(it was pretty good for the time)
the 39 mins of footage on the shout factory blu ray looks awesome in HD.lets hope Shannon one day gives the green light for some sort of CGI movie.
there's rumors of a new documentary from her,as well as a movie about the wong jack man fight.

Last edited:
So I got another replacement from PC and opened it last night. Just gave it a quick look over and seems ok. Some small imperfections here and there, but nothing major. I think they will all have something to a degree. There did appear to be a small spot on his cheek, right on the edge of one of the cuts where the paint looks like it may be scratched off (well its a different colour, so I'm assuming that is the case). Isn't really noticeable on display though and if it really bothers me I can easily blend it in with some tamiya powder. I only noticed it by shining a light on his face and closely inspecting for imperfections.

Other than that the rest looks fine. Stands perfectly straight, no other major flaws just a couple of minor imperfections which are expected. One thing I did notice is this one also looks like it has a similar patch up job on the hand like my previous one, although its not noticeable on this one other than a slight change in texture if you look close enough. My previous one was noticeable as there was a difference in colour, and when light was shining on it the surrounding area had the translucent look whereas the spot was flat, which made it stand out. Doesn't appear to be the case on this one and seems to blend in perfectly. It did make me wonder if there was a batch of these with this flaw in the hand and they were patched up (some worse than others).

Either way, I'm not fussed as long as I can't see it, and it looks perfectly fine on this one.

Now I can finally customize this lol.

oh I agree with you there SAB,but the monstrous 1978 version made a ton of money,i even went to the cinema to see it and left thinking WTF did I just watch.the BBFC here in the UK even removed the full dan inosanto fight!!.
there was a CGI short made several years back which I hoped would lead to maybe a chance that GOD may be made like that(it was pretty good for the time)
the 39 mins of footage on the shout factory blu ray looks awesome in HD.lets hope Shannon one day gives the green light for some sort of CGI movie.
there's rumors of a new documentary from her,as well as a movie about the one jack man fight.

Are you referring to the Johnnie Walker commercial?
That was quite well done, nice production values.
The likeness was off though for the most part...certain brief glimpses worked pretty well.
I don't think the CGI is quite there yet to pull off a feature length thing, unless of course it was intended to be more a type of photo realistic animated film.
The last example of CGI encountering that sort of problem that i saw was Fast and Furious 7 where they had to render Paul Walker's head in various scenes. While it was done fairly well, you could still easily spot it and it took me out of the film.
It would be interesting though to see what the best CGI workers could do with Bruce.

Back