Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ALICE, thanks SIR, for the lecture. Why don't you post pics of this concerning "yellowing?"

I just looked at my figures and NOTHING on the figures fabric areas is glued anywhere as all the GB outfits are stitched.

Like, what part of these outfits are glued anywhere to be yellowing? The zippers are stitched. The name tags are stitched. The outfits are completely assembled with thread and stitching. THERE IS NO GLUE ANYWHERE ON THE GB COVERALLS. Again, even the tiny name tags are stitched. Anyone WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THESE FIGURES would see/know that. Also, anyone who actually owns these figs would see that the grey wear staining was purposely done by Blitzway.

They're all stitched, bro. The only way fabric stains is if it's interacting with something that is going on it, ie: YOUR HANDS. One person -- YOU -- tries to report an issue and derail a thread on the awesomeness of these figs. I'll say again, I own three and they're perfect. One of my best friends owns the four pack for four years and they're STILL perfect. Not sure why you come on a thread to announce yellowing when NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH THESE FIGS. Maybe post pics so people can actually see what you're talking about?? WASH YOUR HANDS MORE OR KEEP 'EM IN A DETOLF AND PROBLEM SOLVED. DONE. Anyway, back to positivity now. Have a good day all.

P.S. If you actually owned these figures, you would realize how delicate they are and would never in a million years use TOOTHPASTE and a TOOTHBRUSH to clean them. If that's what you actually do, then there's your answer as to why your 1/6 figures get mangled/stained/jacked up. Goodnight all

Last edited:
I checked all four of mine and that top stitched section is slightly darker than the jumpsuit fabric on all four. It might've been that way since the beginning, I can't remember, as it's not really that noticeable.

And no, I'm not a woman.

As I stated earlier, all of the problem areas appear to be smaller pieces of cloth that would have been fabric tacked before being pressed and stitched. Problem parts include thin parts of pockets, adjustable waist straps and pretty much any area where a zipper would have been on the 1:1 suit. Some areas are worse than others, and, while most are yellowing due to the glue, some parts appear to be turning grey. I imagine mine are especially bad due to how hot and humid it is here.

As I posted earlier, a scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste seems to be a solid remedy to remove the staining. I'm about to give the spare Ray suit a scrub to demonstrate the difference after application. If the toothpaste doesn't remedy the worst of the yellowing, I'll continue to experiment to find something that does work for anyone else that has this problem in the future.

Spare Ray suit:

lyxxec7.jpg

AKIfgKx.jpg

ML5in0o.jpg

SD08qaQ.jpg

1UJftU9.jpg

Peter:

n5DSymw.jpg

qTh0bUH.jpg

l6YDsSY.jpg

zZHpXaN.jpg

lwz8lYF.jpg

wyHy4zS.jpg

Ray:

d8JjHST.jpg

zXpvggX.jpg

kqsXdVk.jpg

Egon:

lFt7uWT.jpg

BoCDSjx.jpg

JbdsXVq.jpg

RjnaGrT.jpg

So after reading the back and forth and having myself a chuckle I had to go take a look at my four pack. No yellow staining at all on any of the figures. I'm gonna guess the heat and humidity is the issue. That or Ray broke into those chez-its and wiped his hands on the coveralls.....Seriously love the Crunch bar in the pocket.

@ALICE, thanks SIR, for the lecture. Why don't you post pics of this concerning "yellowing?"

See previous post.

I just looked at my figures and NOTHING on the figures fabric areas is glued anywhere as all the GB outfits are stitched.

When making 1:6 clothing, smaller pieces are glued and pressed to get neat, sharp folds. Simple folding and pressing a piece of fabric that's a few millimeters in width isn't always sufficient, so they're glued to be more easily managed before being stitched. I know this, because I've made 1:6 clothes from scratch. The glue generally doesn't have much effect on darker fabrics, but can cause obvious discolouration on lighter fabrics, such as the HT Bank Robber Joker or HT Han Solo that others have mentioned.

Like, what part of these outfits are glued anywhere to be yellowing?

See the pictures provided.

The zippers are stitched. The name tags are stitched. The outfits are completely assembled with thread and stitching. THERE IS NO GLUE ANYWHERE ON THE GB COVERALLS. Again, even the tiny name tags are stitched.

Yes. They are stiched. After glue was used to make them more managle to be stitched.

Anyone WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THESE FIGURES would see/know that. Also, anyone who actually owns these figs would see that the grey wear staining was purposely done by Blitzway.

Well, the figures I own definitely aren't figments of my imagination. And, as I've stated before, and will reiterate just in case you missed it, I am not talking about the light weathering Blitzway added to the suits.

They're all stitched, bro.

Yes. That doesn't mean they also didn't use glue. Two things can be true at the same time.

The only way fabric stains is if it's interacting with something that is going on it

Like glue?

ie: YOUR HANDS.

If it had something to do with my hands the staining would be on more than just these very specific areas, wouldn't you think?

One person -- YOU -- tries to report an issue and derail a thread on the awesomeness of these figs.

I'm not the only person, albeit, I may have the worst case at the moment. And I'm not derailing the thread. You seem to be equating anyone who has any issue with the figures (like this discolouring issue or people wanting to get headsculpts repainted) with them saying the figures suck. No one has said that, but to say there aren't problems or improvements that can be made is silly. If you're happy with your figures, excellent, but some people feel the need to "fix" certain issues they have.

I'll say again, I own three and they're perfect. One of my best friends owns the four pack for four years and they're STILL perfect.

I own four, and a spare jumpsuit, and they are, objectively, not perfect.

Not sure why you come on a thread to announce yellowing when NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH THESE FIGS.

Maybe I did it to find out if other people had the same problem. Unsurpisingly, some people do, so I'm not sure if you're actually reading the thread. A few people have said they have the problem, now. It may not be to the point that it bothers them right now, but in the case that it does get worse, a solution to the problem may be able to be found, making it no big deal.

Maybe post pics so people can actually see what you're talking about??

I did.

WASH YOUR HANDS MORE OR KEEP 'EM IN A DETOLF AND PROBLEM SOLVED. DONE.

Not sure why you keep assuming I don't, but, okay.

P.S. If you actually owned these figures, you would realize how delicate they are and would never in a million years use TOOTHPASTE and a TOOTHBRUSH to clean them. If that's what you actually do, then there's your answer as to why your 1/6 figures get mangled/stained/jacked up. Goodnight all

I own the figures, they're not as delicate as you think, I did use toothpaste and a toothbrush, it fixed my problem, didn't harm the figures, and my figures aren't "mangled/stained/jacked up" from anything I've done to them.

Also, if you have problems with people talking about the shortcomings of figures and finding ways to fix them, there are several threads on this forum you should avoid like the plague. Also, I'd recommend you avoid any customization sections of this forum. You may have an aneurysm.

I think it looks better. Consider it weathering and contrast like they should have. Not pristine white overalls straight from the dry cleaners.

Here's some before and after. A quick scrub, and it already looks much better. Not perfect, but it's even less noticable to the naked eye. Camera seems to pick up the difference in the colours a bit more.
First couple of pics are the backside of the adjustable waist band and side pockets. Second set is the legs pockets and ankle zips. Final picture is a half done waist band. Left side is obviously the half that's been scrubbed, while the right side has yet to be cleaned. As I said before, I imagine most people won't have discolouring as bad as mine, but with a bit of scrubbing, almost all of the discolouration can be removed.

lyxxec7.jpg
are2tNG.jpg

ML5in0o.jpg
PuZxZjs.jpg

ecNYKDQ.jpg

Here's some before and after. A quick scrub, and it already looks much better. Not perfect, but it's even less noticable to the naked eye. Camera seems to pick up the difference in the colours a bit more.
First couple of pics are the backside of the adjustable waist band and side pockets. Second set is the legs pockets and ankle zips. Final picture is a half done waist band. Left side is obviously the half that's been scrubbed, while the right side has yet to be cleaned. As I said before, I imagine most people won't have discolouring as bad as mine, but with a bit of scrubbing, almost all of the discolouration can be removed.

That's quite a significant improvement!

I wonder if that toothpaste trick would also work on the Bank Robber Joker's shirt?

It's good to know that the issue can be resolved, but I don't really want to dismantle all the gear from my Venkman. The discolouration doesn't stand out on mine, and I only noticed because I went looking for it so will leave him for now. Or just carefully scrub the parts I can reach while he's still wearing it. lol

lyxxec7.jpg
are2tNG.jpg

ML5in0o.jpg
PuZxZjs.jpg

ecNYKDQ.jpg

The toothpaste does a good job.
Not sure if I?ll do it. Will have a think about it.

I checked all four of mine and that top stitched section is slightly darker than the jumpsuit fabric on all four. It might've been that way since the beginning, I can't remember, as it's not really that noticeable.

And no, I'm not a woman.

Thank you for stating this because honestly, I can't with this person anymore. I don't want to be harsh to Alice. I'm supposed to be a nice Canadian lol

First off, the darker parts on the GB outfits detailing/trims are SUPPOSED to be there. They were always darker. I just unboxed my sealed trio recently and they look like that and mine have a factory-painted grey wash too which my friend has too -- all part of the accurate and beautiful Blitzway design. My friend has had these figs for four years and his look the same as mine.

The ORANGE stains are NOT supposed to be there which again brings me to what I originally said that it looks like AVOBENZONE/SUNSCREEN stains. Google "Avobenzone Stains." Alice may have used SPF living in Australia (massive skin cancer place) and they unfortunately touched their figs one day and over a period of time when that sunscreen interacts with moisture/sweat -- it turns ORANGE.

Unfortunately Avobenzone stains are very difficult to remove. Again, this is why all figs should be stored in detolfs out of sunlight and always touch figures with freshly cleaned hands. When I touch my figs I always wash my hands with Dawn soap or dish soap. Yes -- ALWAYS. Out of sun, clean hands, detolf -- they stay factory fresh. It could be humidity or something else in the air in Australia (who knows) but hopefully things work out for Alice. IMO it looks like Avobenzone but who knows. Be careful with SPF, everyone... always wash your hands!!!

Now... BACK ON TRACK... anyone have a Zeddemore 1/6 to sell me lol ??

Last edited:
I went back and checked my unboxing pic and there was no discoloration there.
I checked the I am Toys review also. No discoloration so it?s something that?s happening over time.
https://youtu.be/qe7hJWOQFmA

FFS. Yes, we've established this. One hundred times already. Discoloration. Happening to ONE PERSON. Anyone else want to repeat that Alice has discoloration AGAIN? Hopefully Alice gets it resolved by cleaning the items and being more careful next time. It looks like they found a solution and they're fixing it.

Also, comparing PHOTOS to a VIDEO is ridiculous. If you Google image, you'll see how the GB outfits are supposed to look (look at in-hand pics of production pieces, not the prototype). They all have darker trim and a grey wash. Totally normal and part of the Blitzway design. The ORANGE stains are not normal and something that the fabric has come in contact with IE SUNSCREEN/not washing hands. IE The owner's fault and not a flawed design. SMH. Also could be a form or mold/mildew. Again, not a flawed design but a matter of environment and not properly caring for figs. I don't see any Detolfs anywhere in Alice's pics

In other news, I've scoured the internet for a Zeddemore 1/6 and it looks like it'll never happen so I'll just be happy with my trio of docs. Goodnight all

Last edited:
First off, the darker parts on the GB outfits detailing/trims are SUPPOSED to be there. They were always darker. I just unboxed my sealed trio recently and they look like that and mine have a factory-painted grey wash too which my friend has too -- all part of the accurate and beautiful Blitzway design. My friend has had these figs for four years and his look the same as mine.

How are you still hung up on this? I've stated twice now that I'm not talking about the weathering that's supposed to be there. I'm talking about the greying knife pocket on my Stantz suit.

ML5in0o.jpg

The ORANGE stains are NOT supposed to be there which again brings me to what I originally said that it looks like AVOBENZONE/SUNSCREEN stains. Google "Avobenzone Stains." Alice may have used SPF living in Australia (massive skin cancer place) and they unfortunately touched their figs one day and over a period of time when that sunscreen interacts with moisture/sweat -- it turns ORANGE.

The stains aren't orange. They are yellow. Consistent with glue, as several other people have stated has been the case with other figures as well. Here's a thread from another doll forum with people specifically talking about glue and it's effects on doll clothes. One person even states that certain glues can react to certain environmental factors as common as oxygen. Which means some glues can yellow over time simply for existing.

https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20823

Again, I don't really care how convinced you are that it's sunscreen. I've already stated that I know it's 100% not sunscreen. I've seen sunscreen stains, and this ain't it. And here's the thing that's really gonna kill this "Avobenzone Stain" theory you're clinging to so hard: I... don't... wear... sunscreen. Australian sun is rough, but unless you're in it for very extended periods of time, or are very fair skinned, both of which I am not, sunscreen isn't necessary. But, by all means, continue holding on to this theory, even though it's so thoroughly been proven to be invalid due to the simple fact that there is no sunscreen in this equation.

Unfortunately Avobenzone stains are very difficult to remove.

You're correct. Definitely wouldn't come out with something as simple as, say, a light scrub with a toothbrush and toothpaste.

Again, this is why all figs should be stored in detolfs out of sunlight and always touch figures with freshly cleaned hands. When I touch my figs I always wash my hands with Dawn soap or dish soap. Yes -- ALWAYS. Out of sun, clean hands, detolf -- they stay factory fresh.

Again, you're assuming I don't already employ these practices.

It could be humidity or something else in the air in Australia

Likely, as I've already stated. Good to see you're not completely averse to agreeing with a sensical theory.

hopefully things work out for Alice.

They did, because I positively identified the problem, which, let me assure you, was, indeed, discolouration from glue, and I took steps to solve said problem.

Happening to ONE PERSON[/B].

Are you being willfully ignorant of the other people that have said they have discolouration, or are you just not reading the thread? It may not be enough to bother them, but several people have said they have the problem at this point.

Also could be a form or mold/mildew.

Or... it could be glue. I find it interesting that you keep spitballing possible theories as to what it could be, but are so against glue being one of those possibilities?

I don't see any Detolfs anywhere in Alice's pics

Figures removed for cleaning.

xnOTLHy.jpg

Are you being willfully ignorant of the other people that have said they have discolouration, or are you just not reading the thread? It may not be enough to bother them, but several people have said they have the problem at this point.

Or... it could be glue. I find it interesting that you keep spitballing possible theories as to what it could be, but are so against glue being one of those possibilities?

Figures removed for cleaning.

xnOTLHy.jpg

Alice, I can't convince you that there's no glue on these items so we'll agree to disagree. I don't see glue anywhere on mine and like I said, texting my friend who also lives in Toronto, Canada, his figs still look great after 4 years. The stitched trim parts have always been slightly darker than the main fabric but I'm sure that varies from fig to fig since these are all handpainted/hand made. I've recently opened a pack of three -- Stantz, Venkman, Spengler -- that had the round tape seal on them (previously unopened) and they look perfect too after being new in box since Blitzway released them. They have the grey wash and darker trim (again, part of the design) but there's no yellowing anywhere.

Which leads me to what we may agree on -- environment/humidity. You do live in a very sunny/humid part of the world. Either way, you seem to have fixed the issue you're having, so good. Have a good night, all

So after reading the back and forth and having myself a chuckle I had to go take a look at my four pack. No yellow staining at all on any of the figures. I'm gonna guess the heat and humidity is the issue. That or Ray broke into those chez-its and wiped his hands on the coveralls.....Seriously love the Crunch bar in the pocket.

:exactly::peace

Which is why I said "we'll agree to disagree." Let it go. We believe you. Your figures are stained. You fixed them. It's over. Done. Have a nice night now :dunno

Oh Alice... I see you deleted the post. Good thinking... now PEACE everyone

I deleted my post, because I figured I didn't need to drive my point home any further. Pretty sure most of the people in this thread realize how ridiculous you're being. Over the last couple of pages you've done nothing but talk negatively to everyone and be a know-it-all knownothing. Rather it be someone who wants to get their headsculpts repainted, or people who are noticing a problem with the jumpsuits, of which I am not the only one, even if you want to try to push that narrative. Your insistence that these figures are perfect, is fine, subjectively, but is patently false, objectively. If you're happy with your figures the way they are, fine. But don't come in to a thread, and tell people they can't bring up faults with the figures. If you feel entitled to do that, then I invite you to jump over to the ED-209 thread with the dome issues, or the T-800 threads and the flaking pleather issues, and tell those people not to talk about the problems with those figures. See how quickly you get laughed out of there.

Here's a thread where people have compiled known issues with figures. Two in one of the posts just happen to be yellow staining from glue. Rather you want to except this truth or not, glue is indeed used in the manufacturing of some 1/6 clothing.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=160002&page=4

You keep going on about how you and your friend haven't been affected. Grand. It hasn't affected you two, but it is effecting others. I had an ED-209, and for the longest time, my rubber dome didn't crack. What I didn't do, was go into a thread telling everyone with cracking dome issues that the dome wasn't an issue, and if it was cracking that it must be their own miscare of the figure. Sometimes figure manufacturers make figures that have problems. Sometimes these problems are exacerbated by conditions outside of a collectors control, like environmental factors. So, continue to condescend, and blame the problems these figures have on an assumption that the collectors don't know how to properly care for their collectibles. You're not really ingratiating yourself to the people in this thread.

Last edited:
Back