Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe hot toys will tackle this franchise in the future.

And get KA Kim to recreate her original sculpts? Kim is more talented than anyone sculpting for Hot Toys right now not even sure what the point would be other than making figures available. Maybe Hot Toys should rerelease the original figures that Blitzway made...?

The BW Ghostbusters are a great set. I bought them as accessories to the Ecto one. I was however disappointed with Winston they really dropped the ball at production because of the paint app, he looks purple. I doubt we get this line from HT. Maybe Blitzway will make give us GB2 figures, who knows.

I passed on Winston in hoped to add a GB2 Slime Blower in my collection. If they do make him great!! If not its ok. I have the other three.

maybe with all the re releases by HT , BW observes and might get a good deal with the licensor for another batch? I missed out on the guys (except for Spengler, i got him loose) cause at the time, there was sooo much other stuff to po (remember when the IM Mark 47 was "just a repaint of the 46 that nobody needs " :) So yeah, i would be in for it. I also have the Fight Club set, wich is also awesome i think. If BW was a bigger with deeper pockets, i think they could rival Hot Toys and challenge them to more risky licenses, wich would be good for the whole collectors community for diversity. But sadly....

So happy to have these guys in my collection. Can't ever see myself parting with them either just like my Marty and Delorean

maybe with all the re releases by HT , BW observes and might get a good deal with the licensor for another batch? I missed out on the guys (except for Spengler, i got him loose) cause at the time, there was sooo much other stuff to po (remember when the IM Mark 47 was "just a repaint of the 46 that nobody needs " :) So yeah, i would be in for it. I also have the Fight Club set, wich is also awesome i think. If BW was a bigger with deeper pockets, i think they could rival Hot Toys and challenge them to more risky licenses, wich would be good for the whole collectors community for diversity. But sadly....

Sounds like you didn't really miss out on these but rather voted with your dollars. More Iron Man it is then;)

Blitzway's a lot more interesting than HT these days, I'll give 'em that. Was hoping for some 1/6 Bruce Lee from them. :gah:

BW, unlike HT, has never reissued a release. This is why many of their releases retain and increase in value, depending on their popularity.

I doubt these will be reissued, it was a real pain doing these, many delays, etc. They could do a GB2 set however. The 1/6 GB license could also be picked up by another co though.

@TurdFurgusonsHat yeah man... sometimes you have to make decisions :) At that point i still thought, i'd might be able to snag them later. WRONG! :)

oh and @pjam the figures and the Ecto have gotten a second batch, so there is a chance they might get another batch running. Keep fingers crossed.

If anyone is after a Venkman I have one for sale in the UK :lecture

118092841_3484400428238074_5230956777756024618_o.jpg

Received my Egon today from KG, and thought I'd take a few pics straight out of the box since it's been a while since anyone posted any in here. I can't say the expression works much better for me in hand, but it's something I can live with and of course the overall likeness is still really strong. Although the body is still a pain to work with so think I might switch him the the same COO body I used for Venkman, which will also give him that slightly leaner look.

And how the heck did they not include his stethoscope?? Guess I'm going to have to track down one of those too. :p

View attachment 466218

View attachment 466219

View attachment 466220

View attachment 466221

That looka great. did u eveer change the body? id love to see if so, and id love to see the venkman aswel on the new body you used?/

Are they going to reissue the set?

They have not reissued anything yet. Blitzway isnt Hot Toys they are much much smaller and don't seem to repeat the past. If anything there is a very slim chance they make some figures or statues from the new movie but they did not tease anything when it was originally supposed to be in theaters.

They are kind of all over with what they make if you look at their product page. They are more likely to make Gilligan from Gilligan's Island than anything new or recent.

Thinking of selling my full set Ecto and the 4 pack plus the stay puff Winston sculpt repaint by yh ha. Whom glasses by Robbie.
I’m in nyc and will do a local pick up the shipping would be to risky and $$$$. Pm me
8D09C5D1-4E23-404A-B281-8C920992C8C8.jpeg1F8AAFB6-8106-49A6-A724-730CA2A7A6F3.jpeg95876E7A-3CD9-445F-AB10-2EC2EC4A592B.jpeg

Back