Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it just really depends on how badly you want something. It?s definitely fairly common for sold out sixth scale figures to shoot up in price to varying degrees. These were like $250 individually if I recall correctly so they?ve gone up a lot (basically doubled or at least close to it). Personally I could justify paying a bit of a premium to someone, but the current prices are way too high. Especially when in this case it isn?t just one figure, but four of them if you want the complete set (unless you?re one who doesn?t feel the need for Winston I guess).

If these sold so well for Blitzway I really don?t see why they wouldn?t consider releasing them again or like I suggested doing Ghostbusters 2 versions. The demand is there and they?ve got the pieces already. Plus they aren?t doing a lot of other releases at this point so they?d probably be fairly easy to put into production and make some money off of.

It?s also equally uncommon for those same sixth scale figures that have shot up in value to be rereleased. Hot Toys over the years has remade versus rereleased some figures as con exclusives like Bank Robber Joker and Two Face...but those were more a reflection of these figures having been very popular coupled with being made at a time when Hot Toys did not have anywhere near the level of quality that they currently deliver. Rereleases are not really a thing with 1/6 scale figures hence the craziness in the secondary market. Hot Toys is also a production juggernaut that releases a ton of figures a year. Blitzway barely releases a single figure each year I do not think they have the band width for rereleases even if it were a thing. As far as Ghostbusters II figures...we do not even know if Blitzway has the license to make figures from that film. If they did they would probably make the figures in the navy blue outfits for differentiation. That would not compare to the iconic outfits that one thinks of when they think about the Ghostbusters. Sorry. I think the ship has sailed and the figures will only continue to sky rocket in value.

It?s also equally uncommon for those same sixth scale figures that have shot up in value to be rereleased. Hot Toys over the years has remade versus rereleased some figures as con exclusives like Bank Robber Joker and Two Face...but those were more a reflection of these figures having been very popular coupled with being made at a time when Hot Toys did not have anywhere near the level of quality that they currently deliver. Rereleases are not really a thing with 1/6 scale figures hence the craziness in the secondary market. Hot Toys is also a production juggernaut that releases a ton of figures a year. Blitzway barely releases a single figure each year I do not think they have the band width for rereleases even if it were a thing. As far as Ghostbusters II figures...we do not even know if Blitzway has the license to make figures from that film. If they did they would probably make the figures in the navy blue outfits for differentiation. That would not compare to the iconic outfits that one thinks of when they think about the Ghostbusters. Sorry. I think the ship has sailed and the figures will only continue to sky rocket in value.
I kind of understand why Hot Toys doesn’t do more re-releases though. They probably don’t have the time with everything else they produce. I guess I’m not sure how large Blitzway is in comparison. They definitely release a lot less though. It almost seems like whoever is in charge of the company does it more as a hobby or something as I’m not sure how they’d make much profit with the few releases per year they do. Also some of their recent choices seem odd. It seems like they started out with stronger choices and are already kind of tapering off. I realize Ghostbusters 2 isn’t as beloved, but I think if they have the license it would make sense, and I bet there are people like me who missed out on the first releases who would buy them.

I kind of understand why Hot Toys doesn?t do more re-releases though. They probably don?t have the time with everything else they produce. I guess I?m not sure how large Blitzway is in comparison. They definitely release a lot less though. It almost seems like whoever is in charge of the company does it more as a hobby or something as I?m not sure how they?d make much profit with the few releases per year they do. Also some of their recent choices seem odd. It seems like they started out with stronger choices and are already kind of tapering off. I realize Ghostbusters 2 isn?t as beloved, but I think if they have the license it would make sense, and I bet there are people like me who missed out on the first releases who would buy them.

Yep...I would buy them too just to have both movies represented in my collection. Blitzway is fairly small, however, and seems to struggle more than most 1/6 scale companies on the production side of the business. They never seem to be able to get figures out by their release dates. The Ghostbusters missed their release date by over a year. The fact that they seem to struggle with factory space puts the nail in the coffin for any rereleases I suspect. I think if they had the GB2 license they would have already done something with it because they are clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel and snatching up anything that they can get. I am certain that they would prefer to announce a line of GB2 figures instead of School of Rock.

The 4 Ghostbusters are still my favorite figures in my entire collection. One can nitpick individual flaws about one figure here or one figure there but nothing beats all 4 figures on display with their packs, the PKE meter, and the Ghost trap. The high point of the hobby for me.

Same for me. Ghostbusters is my favorite film so getting all the guys and the car were day one orders. I can understand why there are so few being sold i would never sell mine.

Same for me. Ghostbusters is my favorite film so getting all the guys and the car were day one orders. I can understand why there are so few being sold i would never sell mine.

Yeah, like I said, I truly believe these are the best 1/6 figs ever produced by anyone. The detail is just incredible and the fact that they're slightly larger than one sixth scale is just the bonus icing on the cake. I can see why no one parts with theirs. I think if most people had to decide what would be their very last figures to sell in a 1/6 collection, it would be these guys. Just too good.

I don’t know if I’d go as far as saying they’re the best sixth scale figures produced by any company. If you like the movie a lot then I think they’re pretty good, but have some issues no different than others. Definitely wouldn’t say they’re so good that they should command the prices they do. Although I think a lot of that is just low supply and not many people selling.

I don?t know if I?d go as far as saying they?re the best sixth scale figures produced by any company. If you like the movie a lot then I think they?re pretty good, but have some issues no different than others. Definitely wouldn?t say they?re so good that they should command the prices they do. Although I think a lot of that is just low supply and not many people selling.

I am not sure if they are but they may be. Didn?t you mention that you missed out? I think evaluating them in person is important because though these figures look great in pictures and video they are definitely on that list of figures that are way better in person. Especially as a group.

I am not sure if they are but they may be. Didn?t you mention that you missed out? I think evaluating them in person is important because though these figures look great in pictures and video they are definitely on that list of figures that are way better in person. Especially as a group.
I did miss out on them. Based on pictures and videos I’ve seen of them though they look good yes, but are they so good to where they’re really worth ~$500 each? In my opinion no. Very few figures are worth it when they’re that price. I know they were less originally, but the aftermarket prices are silly.

I did miss out on them. Based on pictures and videos I?ve seen of them though they look good yes, but are they so good to where they?re really worth ~$500 each? In my opinion no. Very few figures are worth it when they?re that price. I know they were less originally, but the aftermarket prices are silly.

I would not pay that for a single figure...but one could argue that the original retail price of $250 or whatever each was silly too...most would not imagine paying that much for an action figure no matter how good it is either. It all just comes down to how much someone wants something and how much they are willing to pay. I have no need to defend the after market because I have no intention of parting with my set. But...When a seller has something that is no longer being produced and the only way to ever own it is to convince that seller to part with it...one person?s silly is another person?s capitalism. Supply and demand.

I don't currently have them, so perhaps if I did, it would be harder to let them go, but at two grand for three figures, I would honestly have a hard time "not" selling them...

I would not pay that for a single figure...but one could argue that the original retail price of $250 or whatever each was silly too...most would not imagine paying that much for an action figure no matter how good it is either. It all just comes down to how much someone wants something and how much they are willing to pay. I have no need to defend the after market because I have no intention of parting with my set. But...When a seller has something that is no longer being produced and the only way to ever own it is to convince that seller to part with it...one person?s silly is another person?s capitalism. Supply and demand.
That’s more or less the going retail rate. Crazy as it may be. I don’t love paying $250 a pop necessarily, but at this point that’s what figures cost and for the moment I stomach the cost. I think what makes it particularly hard with these figures is that most of us don’t just want just one of them. Just a lot of money to drop.

I don't currently have them, so perhaps if I did, it would be harder to let them go, but at two grand for three figures, I would honestly have a hard time "not" selling them...

The problem this presents for me is that I view them as a key complement to other movie franchises that I love having in my collection such as Back to the Future, Terminator, etc. Selling them off because they go for a high price would make my collection feel incomplete. The cash would be nice but it's not life changing money. If i sold these I may as well sell everything except Star Wars.

I do not feel these are the best figures out there from a standpoint of quality, accuracy, etc but they are pretty damn nice. The price of the four pack was pretty reasonable back at release, $850.

These are definitely not the greatest figures ever made, but all 4 plus the car, is certainly the centrepiece for many collections.

These are definitely not the greatest figures ever made, but all 4 plus the car, is certainly the centrepiece for many collections.

Nah, I've seen them in person. IMO Ghostbusters are the best sixth scale figures ever made with the detail in their accessories, size, paint, and sculpts. We can agree to disagree though. That's the fun of the hobby. How many Iron Man 1/6 figures do I own? Zero. No interest, but that doesn't stop a billion people from loving Iron Man. If you see the Ghostbusters in person (maybe you own them), you'll see how truly beautiful and life-like they are. And a buddy of mine paid $600 for Winston. The price is what it is 'cause these guys are so rare these days. Maybe Blitzway'll make Ghostbusters 2...

Ghostbusters are obviously my favorite figures but i think the best single figure i own top to bottom in my collection is Yondu but as a set i cannot think of anything better than these four. $600 for Winston is crazy, i love these guys but i would feel very uncomfortable paying that much. That said if someone offered me $4000 cash right now for the whole set i would not take it. I have been wanting a set like this for several years so i'm not letting them go.

I don't see any other company jumping in to make another set anytime soon. I don't care as much for Ghostbusters 2 so those would not interest me as much. These are not like Superman or Batman that you know another version will becoming out every month. If Hot Toys made these they would cost more, come with less, use rubber and plastic where BW used actual material and probably show all four but only make two. So for the Ghostbusters fan who is a 1/6 collector these are really the only option right now.

[...]IMO Ghostbusters are the best sixth scale figures ever made with the detail in their accessories, size, paint, and sculpts[...]

Definitely one of the best sets I've ever seen. I don't own them, because in spite of the nostalgic connection I feel to the time period, the film just doesn't have that much of a hold on me so I passed -- but I come back to this thread to admire them from time to time. This really shows how to do sixth scale properly and never ceases to impress.

Could certain aspects be better executed? Sure. But even if they aren't a shut-out, these represent one of the greatest plays of all time.

I go back and forth on the film itself. I think that’s partly why I passed. I like the characters and how they look. I’m not always in the mood to watch the movie though. It’s one of those 80s movies that I didn’t see until later so I don’t think I ever gained quite the attachment others did.

The problem this presents for me is that I view them as a key complement to other movie franchises that I love having in my collection such as Back to the Future, Terminator, etc. Selling them off because they go for a high price would make my collection feel incomplete. The cash would be nice but it's not life changing money. If i sold these I may as well sell everything except Star Wars.

I do not feel these are the best figures out there from a standpoint of quality, accuracy, etc but they are pretty damn nice. The price of the four pack was pretty reasonable back at release, $850.

I fully understand where you are coming from. I too have several collections that I would be hard-pressed to let go. But in my case, I don't see them so much as complimenting other collection lines but as individual collection lines in and of themselves. That certainly makes trimming down certain lines much easier.

For example, I recently sold off most of my Star Wars "Rogue One" figures. It definitely wasn't an easy decision to make but display space is at a premium and I just couldn't justify continuing to buy figures and store them in a closet indefinitely for that "one day" when they can be released and put on display. It wasn't easy, as I loved the movie and had all of the figures, but to be honest, out of sight, out of mind came into play.

Star Wars is one of my main collectibles lines but I don't consider it as incomplete now that the Rogue One figures are gone. For me its always been "get what you like", which is why my collection is pretty varied and makes selling anything off, rather difficult.

IMG_7105.jpg

If we had a drive-in i would have watched it too.

Back