Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a post on FB by a guy/BAMM toyco getting interest together on a hasbro sized firehouse and a individual front facade basically. Reading in the comments I think I remember seeing he could essentially print different sizes. 1/6 is pretty big.
105684459_679523145958313_495869679705530457_n.jpg

104440400_679523252624969_398320191125810379_n.jpg

100922327_662622390981722_732484613380767744_o.jpg

and i though people were talking about the size of 1/6 Ecto 1. now we are talking about 1/6 full firehouse.

Anybody have a Winston Zeddemore for sale? Doesn't need to be complete, but I do want the outfit, belt, and proton pack.

Finding a Winston for sale is like winning the lottery. It just doesn't happen that often. The fact that these figures are worth a fortune now makes sense. I honestly think they're probably the best and most beautiful sixth scale figures ever produced. Really look at them... just absolutely stunning and anyone who owns them is lucky, You can't even find them on ebay anymore. Seriously, you guys are all lucky

Still wonder if Blitzway would consider doing Ghostbusters 2 figures. I realize the film isn’t as popular, but assuming they still have the license it would be an easy way to re-use a lot of the first figures. The sculpts are done and maybe could just be slightly tweaked. The jumpsuits would just need the updated sequel color. The accessories are done. Seems like it would make sense. It would also give those of us who didn’t get the first releases a chance to get them without paying huge aftermarket prices.

Still wonder if Blitzway would consider doing Ghostbusters 2 figures. I realize the film isn?t as popular, but assuming they still have the license it would be an easy way to re-use a lot of the first figures. The sculpts are done and maybe could just be slightly tweaked. The jumpsuits would just need the updated sequel color. The accessories are done. Seems like it would make sense. It would also give those of us who didn?t get the first releases a chance to get them without paying huge aftermarket prices.

This would be pretty cool, and like you said, probably fairy easy :thumbup:

I thought that would go quick! Box was kinda beat but who cares....as long as the guys were okay.

It's crazy. Now there's one Ray listing (expensive) and one Egon listing (decent price) left in the whole world of ebay. These figs will always be awesome. Just too good. I can't wait to see what Blitzway does next in 1/6 from Hendrix to on and on. Such amazing sculpts and paint work

Wow just saw that the only 3 pack is going for $1,950.00. Makes me appreciate my 4 pack staring down at me from their shelf even more! When I preordered way back when I imagined it would sell out but had no idea that it would be impossible to find on the secondary market.

Not saying I wouldn’t want them, but $1,400 is way too rich for my blood. Especially at that price I’d want all four of them.

Wow just saw that the only 3 pack is going for $1,950.00. Makes me appreciate my 4 pack staring down at me from their shelf even more! When I preordered way back when I imagined it would sell out but had no idea that it would be impossible to find on the secondary market.

Not saying I wouldn?t want them, but $1,400 is way too rich for my blood. Especially at that price I?d want all four of them.

I'm new to scale figures, seeing these Blitzway's becoming hard to find and now at almost double the original price; do figures continue to accumulate value? Is there a ceiling that figures get to where people decide "no more!"?

I mean obviously everyone has a limit, but is it common for figures to continue on an upward trajectory is what I'm asking.
I'm familiar with supply and demand economics in other hobbies but just new to figure collecting.

The 4 Ghostbusters are still my favorite figures in my entire collection. One can nitpick individual flaws about one figure here or one figure there but nothing beats all 4 figures on display with their packs, the PKE meter, and the Ghost trap. The high point of the hobby for me.

I'm new to scale figures, seeing these Blitzway's becoming hard to find and now at almost double the original price; do figures continue to accumulate value? Is there a ceiling that figures get to where people decide "no more!"?

Ultimately once they are no longer being made...especially in the case of figures like these that were essentially sold out before they were even released they will continue to accumulate some degree of value. It all comes down to what individual sellers are comfortable asking and what individual buyers are willing to pay. Usually having a crowd of figures on the market dictates the price parameters. If 10 people are all asking between $250-$300 for a certain figure that establishes the market value...why would you give someone $400 when you have ten other options to buy it for under $300. So this forces the eleventh person to lower their price. In the case of Ghostbusters there are literally none being sold so there are no guardrails and it makes the one or two that are being sold even more desirable. I saw the one Venkman alone that was being sold going for $1200. Would I ever pay that? No. Do I think its ridiculous...yep...will someone who has unlimited disposable income and really wants the figure pay $1200 for it? Probably.

The 4 Ghostbusters are still my favorite figures in my entire collection. One can nitpick individual flaws about one figure here or one figure there but nothing beats all 4 figures on display with their packs, the PKE meter, and the Ghost trap. The high point of the hobby for me.

Agree 1000%
These figures are so exciting and captivating to me that now I've watched practically every youtube review-I enjoy watching everyone's different take on them, I know who K.A. Kim is, I'm now looking at all sorts of other figures.
These figures are literally getting me into the whole hobby.

Agree 1000%
These figures are so exciting and captivating to me that now I've watched practically every youtube review-I enjoy watching everyone's different take on them, I know who K.A. Kim is, I'm now looking at all sorts of other figures.
These figures are literally getting me into the whole hobby.

She sculpted Blitzway?s Fight Club figures too and they are also two of my all time favorite figures. Battle Damaged Robocop is my favorite individual figure and she sculpted that too. In my opinion that figure has the single greatest head sculpt in the history of 1/6 figures. If you are not familiar with it you should check it out.

The way i see it, money comes and goes but the opportunity to buy a particular figure is about 2 years. Beyond that, the price skyrockets, unless there is a re-issue of some sort or a 3rd party makes a decent KO. That's why i did not hesitate to pre-order the Ecto-1, because it's unlikely to be re-issued, due to the amount of resources needed to make it, and no 3rd party could afford to replicate the tooling involved.

I think it's always better to pre-order if you can afford to. If the figure turns out to be disappointing, selling it on afterwards, usually gets you most of your money back.

I mean obviously everyone has a limit, but is it common for figures to continue on an upward trajectory is what I'm asking.
I'm familiar with supply and demand economics in other hobbies but just new to figure collecting.
I guess it just really depends on how badly you want something. It’s definitely fairly common for sold out sixth scale figures to shoot up in price to varying degrees. These were like $250 individually if I recall correctly so they’ve gone up a lot (basically doubled or at least close to it). Personally I could justify paying a bit of a premium to someone, but the current prices are way too high. Especially when in this case it isn’t just one figure, but four of them if you want the complete set (unless you’re one who doesn’t feel the need for Winston I guess).

If these sold so well for Blitzway I really don’t see why they wouldn’t consider releasing them again or like I suggested doing Ghostbusters 2 versions. The demand is there and they’ve got the pieces already. Plus they aren’t doing a lot of other releases at this point so they’d probably be fairly easy to put into production and make some money off of.

Back