Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I got them off Amazon haven't had them since I was a kid, my best friend that I grew up with we went to see the movie tonight and drank one on the way it's delicious

What a weird situation. Go on with your discussions of "cities ranger" and "crazy racer" but let's curb the chatter on the majorly professional, very official looking display of that half dozen "bootleg" GB figures.:lol

Anyway, "bootleg" Venkman looks better than in the previous show's pics, but maybe it's just lighting. I get the Jason Clarke thing, but he and Murray (and yes, Tarantino) do share some facial DNA. The screaming head has only really been seen from the side, so hard to judge. Be cool if it looks good - capture a bit of Venkman zaniness.

That GB 2016 motorcycle looks pretty cool, and even the Hemsworth head looks decent, but not sure who'd want him on the shelf.

That inconsistency re bootlegs was glaring to me as well. And I saw it in another thread where a bootleg manufacturer was asking what they should make next. That thread was labeled bootleg and closed within maybe an hour. It had about a page of postings.

I'm not sure if there is a universal policy on the matter and if it is applied consistently.

first pic. With LEDs ;)

blitzway_ghostbusters.jpg

That inconsistency re bootlegs was glaring to me as well. And I saw it in another thread where a bootleg manufacturer was asking what they should make next. That thread was labeled bootleg and closed within maybe an hour. It had about a page of postings.

I'm not sure if there is a universal policy on the matter and if it is applied consistently.

I think the closing of threads for bootlegs might happen faster--when it happens at all--when the licensor or the licensee of an IP lodges a complaint with Dave. Some manufacturers do frequent this forum. Blitzway is probably being very vigilant because of the 1/6 knock-off of their Marilyn Monroe statue, which even has a news posting on their website telling consumers to avoid.

I don't know what the deal is with Soldier Story--there are compelling arguments for why they're legit; however, if I paid a lot of money for a license, I'd probably be hypervigilant about any bootlegs undercutting my ability to recoup my costs, particularly if my company is small and those costs are significant unlike the big companies that can absorb losses.

It's clear from Dave that there's no question that Blitzway has the rights and with K.A. Kim in their corner, there's no ****ing way I'm missing out on anything they release for Ghostbusters. I'll take a wait-and-see approach on Soldier Story (and even then I'd probably only be interested in the four 2016 Ghostbusters).

Finally something to talk about that isn't the SS figures or Ghostbusters soda! :lol

Three days until preview night, right?

I'm in for Venkman if the sculpt is good. Maybe Stantz... My god why does everything have to release this/next year... :thud:

Wait, the Blitzway figures aren't of the new movie?

I think blitz is 1984. SS is 84 and 16.

But that picture hurts. Every time i think theres a light at the end of the tunnel something comes down the pike. And the car? Jesus. Between that and 4 figures, minus what you could get selling kitbashed versions, youre looking at $1500 maybe.

And the packs have that little blue power up light on tbe side. Thats sooo cool.

Holy ****! Those packs look good with the lights. Damn, time to start preparing my wife for this credit card statement. No way I'm passing on these.

I hope they really go all-out on the accessories. Include every doggone piece of equipment, there's so many to choose from. Their Fight Club figures give me hope that these will be far from "barebones".

Wow, that picture looks great.

Can't wait to see those sculpts

Back