Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute, brainfart here - we're talking 'The Seven Year Itch'. At least I was.

Yeah, that's what I guessed a couple of days ago
Looking at the back, & not seeing seams, it makes it seem like the whole upper body is one piece. Polystone from the waist down?

Gentlemen%20Prefer%20Blondes%201953_MM_BLITZWAY_7_zps9zyq27cm.jpg

Looking at the back, & not seeing seams, it makes it seem like the whole upper body is one piece. Polystone from the waist down?

Ah, well spotted. Maybe the lower part of her mane is supposed to hide the seam?

Mane as in hair? That would hide a seam at the back, but it should be seen in the front somewhere right? I don't see any in the pics. Maybe the seams are photoshopped out. I don't want it to have that weird face & neck join like the EtD Bruce Lee, where some are not placed on properly. If they have to have a seam around the neck, I'd rather it be a clean straight cut at the neck.

I like the idea of a solid upper body though. Even if it's all PVC, I don't mind.

Mane as in hair? That would hide a seam at the back, but it should be seen in the front somewhere right?

Not necessarily. Think of bald head, neck and middle section of torso as a glued wedge. The PVC hair, as a separate piece, could hide the seam where the PVC head meets the polystone body on the back. The dress would be enough to hide the seam at the front

On second thought, there's no way the hair is a separate piece, but it could still hide the seam.

She is really gorgeous. She's coming out too soon for me though, would be better next year. Sadly the hollywood statues I most want would probably never be made- Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, Tyrone Power, William Powell, Cary Grant... Myrna Loy, Clara Bow, Gene Tierney, Maureen O'Hara, Maureen O'Sullivan... off the top of my head

Bogey and Bacall would of course rule.

Not necessarily. Think of bald head, neck and middle section of torso as a glued wedge. The PVC hair, as a separate piece, could hide the seam where the PVC head meets the polystone body on the back. The dress would be enough to hide the seam at the front
On second thought, there's no way the hair is a separate piece, but it could still hide the seam.
I think I get it. Maybe the head, hair, neck, chest, & stomach are PVC, while the arms, back, & legs being polystone, with the seam running from back of the head down the sides where the dress straps are? That might be it.

Pre ordered from BBTS, but I think 'in hand' pics pop up before they get Blitzway stock, so I can see how production goes, before actually spending money on it. Plus, even if it's stellar, I might simply change my mind. I'm drawn to the quality & look of the proto statue, but I'm not a hardcore Marilyn Monroe fanatic. I really like the way it looks, & quite like the dress.

She is really gorgeous. She's coming out too soon for me though, would be better next year. Sadly the hollywood statues I most want would probably never be made- Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, Tyrone Power, William Powell, Cary Grant... Myrna Loy, Clara Bow, Gene Tierney, Maureen O'Hara, Maureen O'Sullivan... off the top of my head

Bogey and Bacall would of course rule.

I like how you think.

I think I get it. Maybe the head, hair, neck, chest, & stomach are PVC, while the arms, back, & legs being polystone, with the seam running from back of the head down the sides where the dress straps are? That might be it.

That'd be it, yes.

On a side note, how is Blitzway's quality? I've never really seen their products in hand so I would love to hear from people who already have their products...

This is a really nice piece...but it's hilarious how out of place she'd look on my shelves LOL.

This is a beautiful statue. I hope they do Audrey Hepburn one day.
That's a dream piece right there. Anyways, this statue is just plain stunning. Might not really fit with the rest of my collection, but I could not care less.

Back